Quote from: ossie85 on August 02, 2013, 08:17:25 PM
Quote from: BratPack on August 02, 2013, 08:00:17 PM
Quote from: vinny on August 02, 2013, 07:58:34 PM
ASADA report is 400 pages and has 13k of supporting documents. :o

Translation: Don't expect anything to happen this season

All that matters is the executive summary on page 1

Exactly

bunyip

This may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway. Shouldn't the players receive a copy of the report to? They were interrogated as well and will be the most effected by any decisions. They have a right to prepare their lawyers as well. If the Essendon management are shown to be culpable in the report then the players should be able to sue Essendon for any loss of earnings if they are banned. I don't care what anyone says, you can't blame the players for this.

ossie85

Quote from: bunyip on August 05, 2013, 07:32:54 AM
This may be a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway. Shouldn't the players receive a copy of the report to? They were interrogated as well and will be the most effected by any decisions. They have a right to prepare their lawyers as well. If the Essendon management are shown to be culpable in the report then the players should be able to sue Essendon for any loss of earnings if they are banned. I don't care what anyone says, you can't blame the players for this.

Yes, they should receive a report, 100% agree.

Ringo

Quote from: ossie85 on August 05, 2013, 08:56:52 AM
Quote from: bunyip on August 05, 2013, 07:32:54 AM

Yes, they should receive a report, 100% agree.
Would be the decent action to take especially with possible court action to follow. However the club may be standing by their players in all challenges so possible no need initially.

kilbluff1985

Mark Riccuto has said on MMM he heard from a reliable source that Hirdy has been asked to resign by Thursay or someone will make that decision for him.

Would be one of the Darkest days in aeFC history if Hird is forced to resign  :'(

Bluke

Personally I think he should have stepped down long ago.

Its like the Captain of the Costa Concordia keeping his job while the CEO and Chairman both lose theirs, though they didn't sink the ship.

BratPack

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 05, 2013, 07:44:33 PM
Mark Riccuto has said on MMM he heard from a reliable source that Hirdy has been asked to resign by Thursay or someone will make that decision for him.

Would be one of the Darkest days in aeFC history if Hird is forced to resign  :'(

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2013/8/asada-report-finished-and-with-the-afl-after-investigation-into-essendon-supplements-program/

Here's the audio

Vinny

Tim Watson has said that he believes that the Bombers will be stripped of premiership points come Rd 23. :o

Sorry but I don't have a link but I am sure others too would have heard it on Channel 7 News.

Mat0369

So that means Carlton will most likely make finals if that is the case.

roo boys!

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 05, 2013, 09:10:53 PM
North not quite out of the race for 9th spot yet ;)

Vinny

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 05, 2013, 09:10:53 PM

:D

Scrads

I gather Ricciuto's source is Simon Goodwin?

redevilfc

Quote from: Scrads on August 05, 2013, 10:13:57 PM
I gather Ricciuto's source is Simon Goodwin?

you goy it ;)

AFEV

Quote from: vinny on August 05, 2013, 09:06:41 PM
Tim Watson has said that he believes that the Bombers will be stripped of premiership points come Rd 23. :o

Sorry but I don't have a link but I am sure others too would have heard it on Channel 7 News.
I don't listen to MMM but I gather from what other people have said Tim thinks this will be under the 'bringing the game into disrepute'?

I'll be very upset if we're cleared then we lose points under such an ambiguous 'rule'.

AFEV

Statement.

QuoteEssendon Football Club categorically denies the baseless rumours and speculation tonight in the media about an 'ultimatum' in relation to the future of coach James Hird.

As a Club we are incredibly frustrated by the decision of some sections of the media to report unfounded and untested gossip.