Main Menu

The Draw!

Started by Cookie Monster, October 28, 2011, 10:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Sorry R&B, i think that as much as i don't want to say it, Essendons players look better on paper.

Voldemort

Quote from: Sid on October 30, 2011, 01:31:39 PM
I wasn't trying to compare similar players. Besides with what Harvey has fallen to he is only as good as Stanton.

Petrie is not better than Hurley.
Grima is shat on by Pears.
Fletch is better than someone old ::)
Ryder is far far far far far far far far far far better than Pedobear.
Isn't Black a defender? :-X

ahahaha  ;) :D ;D ::) 8)

Holz

With JZ and a fit wells the roos mids would tear apart Essendon, if they both miss it should be relatively even, i think goldy will give us a slight edge in the mids, simply he and Hmac will out ruck essendon easy.

Petrie is much beter than hurley not sure how you can claim a guy who kicked 27 goals to an AA player who kicked 48.
agree pears beter than grima

with pedo and ryder im not sure how a guy who gets the ball less, takes fewer marks and goals (on average) is a much better player just because he gets more hitouts.

roo boys!

Black is a young gun key forward.

Petrie is impossibly better than Hurley. Petrie 129 marks, 48 goals. Hurley 72 marks, 19 goals. Ahem.

Grima is still a great defender. He was injured in pre-season, hence why he was struggling at the start of this year, but when he gets a full pre season under his belt he is our best defender.

Ryder is better than Pedo at the moment, yeah, but on has played one season and the other has played 5...

Voldemort

Quote from: Holzman on October 30, 2011, 01:40:31 PM
With JZ and a fit wells the roos mids would tear apart Essendon, if they both miss it should be relatively even, i think goldy will give us a slight edge in the mids, simply he and Hmac will out ruck essendon easy.

Petrie is much beter than hurley not sure how you can claim a guy who kicked 27 goals to an AA player who kicked 48.

with pedo and ryder im not sure how a guy who gets the ball less, takes fewer marks and goals (on average) is a much better player just because he gets more hitouts.

Here comes Holz to the rescue  ;)

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on October 30, 2011, 01:41:41 PM
Black is a young gun key forward.

Petrie is impossibly better than Hurley. Petrie 129 marks, 48 goals. Hurley 72 marks, 19 goals. Ahem.

Grima is still a great defender. He was injured in pre-season, hence why he was struggling at the start of this year, but when he gets a full pre season under his belt he is our best defender.

Ryder is better than Pedo at the moment, yeah, but on has played one season and the other has played 5...

Grima with a full pre season will be great, i still rate Thompson though. I think they will be a good CHB FB combo.

Boomz

You won't tear our mids apart either way. Goldy is a good ruckman but Hmac brings nothing extra to the table that he doesn't bring by himself ... Belly & Ryder are as good as Goldy in the ruck.

Ryder is a 10x's better player than Pederson... There is a reason he has only been playing for a season  ::)

roo boys!

Like Holz said, how is Ryder that much better when Pedersen averaged more possessions, more goals and more marks than him? Ryder beat him in hitouts because you don't have a genuine ruckman and that's all...

truBLUE

Saturday, March 31 .Etihad Stadium rnd 1 -will answer alot of questions  ;)

roo boys!

Can't wait.

PS Alex, I won't go for Limb - you can support North now, lucky boy ;)

Holz

Quote from: BOOMZ on October 30, 2011, 01:50:03 PM

You won't tear our mids apart either way. Goldy is a good ruckman but Hmac brings nothing extra to the table that he doesn't bring by himself ... Belly & Ryder are as good as Goldy in the ruck.

Ryder is a 10x's better player than Pederson... There is a reason he has only been playing for a season  ::)

i guess we will se but belly and ryder are not as good as goldy. Hmac is probably a better ruck than those guys. Hmac does add something he gives Goldy a rest, so he will be even more dominant, Hmac can do the rucking in the forward line so Goldy does have to do it everywhere.

Pederson is good, you wouldnt say there is a reason why barlow has only played 2 seasons.

Torpedo10

Essendon's Mids would atleast match North's Mids if not beat them. Hurley would beat Petrie one on one. Fletch could take on any of North's forwards and beat them, North have Goldstein and HMac but Ryder and Bellchambers could equal them and Hille could come into the ruck. If Petrie was kicking a few we would just double team him with Hooker, Myers or Pears. Grima and Thompson would have little effect if Hille,Carlisle and all our small forwards are there.

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 30, 2011, 02:18:19 PM
Essendon's Mids would atleast match North's Mids if not beat them. Hurley would beat Petrie one on one. Fletch could take on any of North's forwards and beat them, North have Goldstein and HMac but Ryder and Bellchambers could equal them and Hille could come into the ruck. If Petrie was kicking a few we would just double team him with Hooker, Myers or Pears. Grima and Thompson would have little effect if Hille,Carlisle and all our small forwards are there.

so based on that you predict you beat us in the mid, equal in the ruck and smash us up forward and down back, so are you predicting a 10 goal win?

Boomz

Quote from: Holzman on October 30, 2011, 02:15:17 PM

i guess we will se but belly and ryder are not as good as goldy. Hmac is probably a better ruck than those guys. Hmac does add something he gives Goldy a rest, so he will be even more dominant, Hmac can do the rucking in the forward line so Goldy does have to do it everywhere.

Pederson is good, you wouldnt say there is a reason why barlow has only played 2 seasons.

Hmac is not as good as either of them.

I would say the same about Barlow actually... Obviously theres a reason he didn't get picked up sooner  ::) Pedersen is a solid player but nothing special like every roos fan on here makes out.

Holz

Quote from: BOOMZ on October 30, 2011, 02:48:47 PM
Quote from: Holzman on October 30, 2011, 02:15:17 PM

Hmac is not as good as either of them.

I would say the same about Barlow actually... Obviously theres a reason he didn't get picked up sooner  ::) Pedersen is a solid player but nothing special like every roos fan on here makes out.

I would say the same thing about hurley, yeah he is a good player but he is not the best player in the comp as most essendon fans think he will be.

fun fact about hurley, didnt score a goal against a top 4 team, i think he only got 1 point from 4 games.