Main Menu

The Coaching Raid...

Started by RiOtChEsS, September 19, 2011, 11:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

I see now the Saints have contacted assistant Scott Watters...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-may-steal-another-bucks-assistant/story-fn5937w8-1226140536971

Will there be anyone left in the box but Bucks and Mick this week ;D

Seriously tho they should finish the season with the current club before moving on, i know there is a lot of work to be done but say Collingwood lost two assistants during their finals campaign, that would be a ridiculous.

Ringo

This is a hard one.  Do you want an assistant coach who will be coaching elsewhere next year? Would his mind be 100% on the task at hand or would their mind be partially on recruitment strategy for the new team? And in this case for Collingwood do you go into final 2 games with 2 assistant coaches down.  Do not know the answer but maybe clubs should assess on an individual basis whether to allow them to continue with existing contracts or release them. 

RiOtChEsS

i guess at this point of the year the divisions, midfield, backs, forwards etc could almost coach themselves but it is still an extra load for players or another member of staff to pick up, i would want them to remain involved, surely there isnt any trickery/information/plays they dont already know...