Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Has to be Holz this year

Premiership winning coach = Best for year

kilbluff1985

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 28, 2014, 06:15:41 PM
Has to be Holz this year

what if a coach takes there team from like last to 2nd and just loses the GF?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 28, 2014, 06:56:03 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 28, 2014, 06:15:41 PM
Has to be Holz this year

what if a coach takes there team from like last to 2nd and just loses the GF?

Yeah that definitely is worthy of the award, but I guess with me only coming into Worlds this year I don't have the knowledge of previous years which is why I voted holz, but agree with what you say too

JBs-Hawks

Well Holz did take his team from last to premiers in two years :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 28, 2014, 08:38:34 PM
Well Holz did take his team from last to premiers in two years :P

i wasn't arguing about that

i was saying winning the premiership doesn't mean they were best coach

AaronKirk

Nige

CrowsFan

Kinda close, but came off second best as I did this season. Still think over the first 3 years I have been the best team around, maybe if I hadn't quit I would have won haha ::)

meow meow

HB/CF was the best (even though he's 0-1 against me). People say Holz has lifted Dublin from last to first and that it's a wonderful effort. Holz was the one who put them at last to begin with though. The Pumas have been a top team the whole time and maintained a youthful list.

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on December 05, 2014, 05:26:44 PM
HB/CF was the best (even though he's 0-1 against me). People say Holz has lifted Dublin from last to first and that it's a wonderful effort. Holz was the one who put them at last to begin with though. The Pumas have been a top team the whole time and maintained a youthful list.

that was kind of my plan to build up to make a really strong team to push for flags from 2014-2018. I knew I couldn't compete in the short run with teams that had captains like Ablett, Pendles, Swan etc.. and built old around that. So that's why I picked up guys like Omeara who weren't playing but were good for my list.  HB was an amazing coach but not sure if its fair to compare just the first 3 seasons of Pumas v Dublin as I would say at this point I have built a stronger list and will be pushing for flags over the coming years more so than the Pumas would have been.

Nige

Quote from: Winnie the Pooh on December 05, 2014, 06:11:15 PM

that was kind of my plan to build up to make a really strong team to push for flags from 2014-2018. I knew I couldn't compete in the short run with teams that had captains like Ablett, Pendles, Swan etc.. and built old around that. So that's why I picked up guys like Omeara who weren't playing but were good for my list.  HB was an amazing coach but not sure if its fair to compare just the first 3 seasons of Pumas v Dublin as I would say at this point I have built a stronger list and will be pushing for flags over the coming years more so than the Pumas would have been.
How can you even say that when CF isn't even coach anymore and you had no idea what his plans for the team were? Stop discrediting him.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on December 05, 2014, 06:23:07 PM

How can you even say that when CF isn't even coach anymore and you had no idea what his plans for the team were? Stop discrediting him.

Slightly harsh, Nige

I stated that he was an amazing coach. In my right to say I think my list was stronger at the end of 2014.

where was my backup when meow discredited me ;P

Nige

Quote from: Winnie the Pooh on December 05, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

Slightly harsh, Nige

I stated that he was an amazing coach. In my right to say I think my list was stronger at the end of 2014.

I suppose it just seemed like you were when you said it's not fair to compare and then just did so anyway.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on December 05, 2014, 06:53:09 PM
Quote from: Winnie the Pooh on December 05, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

Slightly harsh, Nige

I suppose it just seemed like you were when you said it's not fair to compare and then just did so anyway.

meant more cant just look at the comp as 3 year as it keeps going