Australia VS South Africa 4 Test Series

Started by Levi434, March 01, 2018, 03:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Griffen

Quote from: PowerBug on April 03, 2018, 08:18:52 PM
Edit: and Paine just said the next series for them is Pakistan in the UAE, so god knows what the schedule really is. But something that was written out 4 years ago is unlikely to still be perfect as things change so much, at least a new schedule should be written up soon which will give some clarity for 2019 and beyond
Interesting because dates for England vs Australia ODI’s are set. 13th of June being the first one.

Just want to add this. Zimbabwe got no cricket board to schedule the 1 test and 3 ODI’s. Other than the shocking duckworth Lewis system creating the shock loss to UAE. Them and Scotland were the best 2 teams of the qualifying and neither made it cos ICC are the biggest load of flogs ever like 10 team World Cup get f’ed. All this being said despending on who is available for Zimbabwe (Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Raza) they would be a chance and those 4 could all be best 11 for Aussies atm

Levi434

Michael flowering Clarke is back booooiiiiis!

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Levi434 on April 08, 2018, 12:28:05 AM
say whaaat

flower yeah! although I dunno if Australia will actually pick him. be good if they did because he's my all time favourite!

Purple 77

Ringo

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 08, 2018, 12:58:34 PM
Quote from: Levi434 on April 08, 2018, 12:28:05 AM

Um, what?
Probably behind the firewall but try and paste link in browser

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/michael-clarke-cricket-comeback-i-would-do-anything-to-help-the-australian-cricket-team/news-story/0062518b8028cbeefa2e2a3e9befda5e?utm_source=The%20Courier%20Mail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=editorial

Couple of Extracts if you can not.

After two years in retirement, and with Australian skipper Steve Smith, opening batsman David Warner and young gun Cameron Bancroft all serving suspensions, Clarke is offering his services free.

“I would do anything to help the Australian cricket team,” he said.

Clarke, who left for India on Friday for his IPL broadcasting commitments, has SMSed his offer to Cricket Australia chief executive James Sutherland but is still waiting for a reply.

It is understood he will do net practice while on the subcontinent in case the call comes.

fanTCfool

"I won’t be batting in the nets in India in preparation for a comeback"

BB67th

Bit of a media beatup there I think. No way Clarke comes back and plays again.

Ringo

Quote from: BB67th on April 09, 2018, 10:16:30 AM
For those of Oldies remember that Bob Simpson came back at age 41 to Captain Australia during the World Sries Cricket war. So really not out of the realms of possibility.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Ringo on April 09, 2018, 11:05:22 AM
For those of Oldies remember that Bob Simpson came back at age 41 to Captain Australia during the World Sries Cricket war. So really not out of the realms of possibility.
First thing to come to my mind, despite Clarke's inferior record as captain in Tests sitting around 52%. I'd ideally like to see him come back in an anchor role, potentially as Vice with a younger player such as Handscomb stepping up and taking the reins.

shaker

Just pick some young players please don't bring back old flogs ...... I think I will be over cricket if this happens

Koop

Quote from: shaker on April 09, 2018, 03:17:20 PM
Just pick some young players please don't bring back old flogs ...... I think I will be over cricket if this happens

Gigantor

Quote from: shaker on April 09, 2018, 03:17:20 PM

New coach must be Ross....

BB67th

Quote from: Torpedo10 on April 09, 2018, 02:56:49 PM
First thing to come to my mind, despite Clarke's inferior record as captain in Tests sitting around 52%. I'd ideally like to see him come back in an anchor role, potentially as Vice with a younger player such as Handscomb stepping up and taking the reins.
You have to remember that in the world series days we lost most of the test team. In this case we have lost 2 players for a year. There are 2 state captains playing in the test side as well.

Bringing Clarke back would be a huge mistake. There's still plenty of cricket experience around the current set up, and it's a good opportunity to give some younger batsmen a chance to play test cricket.

Frankfaust

Quote from: BB67th on April 09, 2018, 08:24:58 PM
You have to remember that in the world series days we lost most of the test team. In this case we have lost 2 players for a year. There are 2 state captains playing in the test side as well.

Bringing Clarke back would be a huge mistake. There's still plenty of cricket experience around the current set up, and it's a good opportunity to give some younger batsmen a chance to play test cricket.

Announcing his availability throughthe press doesn't do a lot for the cause, I wouldn't think. Grandstanding.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Frankfaust on April 09, 2018, 08:53:53 PM
Quote from: BB67th on April 09, 2018, 08:24:58 PM

Announcing his availability throughthe press doesn't do a lot for the cause, I wouldn't think. Grandstanding.
I don't know how it was brought up, but my guess is he was being interviewed and he just said it in that interview. just saying he'd like to help

and even if it was all his idea, to just come out and say he'd like to play for Australia, why does that matter? one of our best modern day players wants to come back and help out the young and inexperienced team

I don't see anything wrong with. but I'm a Michael Clarke fan so I guess that puts me in the minority