V League - Applications

Started by ossie85, February 22, 2014, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

It's about time Estonia got some love.  8)

Always had this fascination with Eastern European states, glad somebody knows what's up.  :P

DazBurg

about me - hey Guys I'm DazBurg i joined FF May 23, 2010 i'mon everyday
though i do pot alot less these days i tend to read more then actually post these days
in terms of WXV's experience i am assistant to HP at PNL in Worlds and Iceland in Euro's
though the euro's one is more of a token title as i do nothing at all as i don't wish to get confused between too many comps
so i focus on worlds and help HP as most coaches know form there having had the pleasure of trying to trad with myself :D

as far as the team goes this is what i have come up with so far

Team Name - Melbourne Gladiators

Home Ground - Melbourne Cricket Ground

Mascot -

Sponsors - To be Confirmed

Plan: Well i do like the idea as it seems alot easier to maintain and keep control over although i do also like the though of keeping players (not all) but as may have been said 2 or 3 from year to year if the coach chooses too or like stated like the IPL in a right to match etc - so until this is decided on my plans may and most likely will change depending on the outcome

well compared to others my application doesn't look to flash but then again i'm not that great at graphics and coming up with mascots etc i will be attempting to make some logos etc but of course they will take me some time to come up with something that looks complete crap if i devote less time then it is unreadable crap..lol

Edit: (Btw most might think its boring to use melbourne instead of overseas team but after looking at the teams in the big 4 comps i noticed only JB has the Australian Ales and the rest are international so thought it best to add some more home country to the mix)

Boomz

Name: Boomzie, Boomz, BOOMZ
Hometown: Born in Cairns QLD, Grew up in Denmark/Albany WA.
XVs Experience:
Co-Coach of Tokyo Samurai in WXV
Former Coach of the Bilston Bunnies in BXV

I'd like to apply for a position in the V league because I love a challenge & the simple yet unique format is an exciting new challenge. I've been on FanFooty for nearly 4 years now and I have been playing Supercoach & DT since before then up until now with mixed success. I have been involved in the World's since the beginning of the comp being one of the very first coaches to join. Although I haven't been as active of late, I was at one stage top of the most time spent online list with over a 150 days spent on here so I am definitely active enough  :P

Team Name: Jakarta Moonsoon
Logo:
Ground: Gelora Bung Karno Stadium http://imageupper.com/s02/1/8/M139304260810507_1.jpg (not letting me put it in the post)
Strategically located in Senayan, South Jakarta it can hold up to 80,000 people and has shown it can be adapted to any kind of event, sporting or entertainment. It is located literally right in front of my apartment and I have been running there many times so I can vouch that it is a great stadium with many access points & a well maintained playing field. I will take a picture once it stops raining.

As I am based out of Jakarta, Indonesia, I feel strongly about creating a new team there. The monsoon is inspired by the fact it is currently pouring with rain and the golf course outside my window is completely flooded. Rain along with traffic are the two main things people notice when they come to Jakarta so I believe it is a fitting yet intimidating name  8) Indonesian's love their sport and are very passionate supporters so I think they will adapt well to this exciting 20/20 style format & with me being based here & having a knowledge of the local culture & language I am the perfect person to help bring the game to Indonesia  8)

Plans: We will be cautious in the bidding process to make sure we don't get tricked into overspending on any single player and go for overall strength rather than do a Gold Coast and rely on one marquee player only. In terms of game style we will live up to our name and either literally flood our opposition in the water bowl of our home stadium or flood them Sydney of old style. Sponsors will be revealed if the team is approved.

Hopefully that all makes sense as I'm a bit tipsy as someone decided to get me drunk for my birthday (tomorrow). I thought it was apple juice.

ossie85

Lot of strong candidates so far:

Current Applicants
Karachi Rhinos - NigeyS [Pakistan]
Istanbul Eagles - The Pelican [Turkey]
Bengaluru Tigers - Ringo [India]
Dhaka Dinosaurs - nrich102 [Bangladesh]
Tallinn Swallows - HintT [Estonia]
Melbourne Gladiators - DazBurg [Australia]
Jakarta Monsoon - Boomz [Indonesia]

Nige

If the numbers don't swing in Europe's favour, I'll happily relocate to a Eastern European country.  :P

HintT

Quote from: NigeyS on February 22, 2014, 01:50:45 PM

Always had this fascination with Eastern European states, glad somebody knows what's up.  :P
Yes, and Estonia so much better than silly Latvians. :P

(I don't actually know, just applying Aus v NZ to another country)

Nige

Quote from: HintT on February 23, 2014, 02:52:09 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 22, 2014, 01:50:45 PM

Yes, and Estonia so much better than silly Latvians. :P

(I don't actually know, just applying Aus v NZ to another country)

Personally I've always thought Lithuania > Estonia > Latvia.  ;)

DazBurg

ok question here i've looked around myself but not being involved with any besides really worldsit gets confsing

but does anyone that is involved with all or most know of any well known companies that are not taken that can be a sponsor that sorta suits my theme though?

nrich102

Quote from: DazBurg on February 23, 2014, 05:27:27 PM
ok question here i've looked around myself but not being involved with any besides really worldsit gets confsing

but does anyone that is involved with all or most know of any well known companies that are not taken that can be a sponsor that sorta suits my theme though?
If you were to move to rome you could get the Colosseum to sponsor you :P

JBs-Hawks

Nige

Just get a couple of Aussie sponsors on board.  ;)

Comm Bank, Wesfarmers (the guys who own Bunnings/Woolies/Coles etc) and I'm sure there are a few sports companies you know.  :P

DazBurg

Quote from: nrich102 on February 23, 2014, 05:28:29 PM

If you were to move to rome you could get the Colosseum to sponsor you :P
good idea but think we lack a bit of good ol fashioned aussie pride here in these WXV's  ;)

@JB - Nice! now a couple more and set  ;)

@ Nige : Good idea mate

nrich102

Quote from: NigeyS on February 23, 2014, 05:32:05 PM

Comm Bank, Wesfarmers (the guys who own Bunnings/Woolies/Coles etc) and I'm sure there are a few sports companies you know.  :P
Wesfarmers doesnt own Woolies does it? Wesfarmers is Bunnings/Coles/Kmart/Target and Woolworths is Woolworths/BigW/DickSmith/BWS?

Nige

Quote from: nrich102 on February 23, 2014, 05:34:55 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on February 23, 2014, 05:32:05 PM

Wesfarmers doesnt own Woolies does it? Wesfarmers is Bunnings/Coles/Kmart/Target and Woolworths is Woolworths/BigW/DickSmith/BWS?
My bad.  :P

Nails

I bid 10 million on Tom Rockliff

And offed my house for Jack Redden.