BXVs Finals Week 3 Team Lodgement and Banter

Started by GoLions, August 06, 2018, 08:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

One more week until the Grand Final! Who will make it through to the last game? Who will fall agonisingly short? All that and more, tonight on 60 minutes.

Werewolves vs Bunnies: Werewolves have been a dominant force throughout most of the year, but yet again they find themselves at the pointy end of the year without a few key players. Fyfe, Sicily, Dahlhaus, Hibberd being out will make things hard, but they still have plenty of firepower to come. The Bunnies had a shock win over the Hurricanes, and who knows what will happen this week? They've become a much more consistent team than they were in the past, and that gives them every chance this week. But, at home, I'll be sticking with the Werewolves.

Dragons vs Steins:

Well, well, well...before this week I would have said the Dragons already had their spot in the GF locked and loaded, but boy oh boy, how about the Steins?! A massive 2800+ score to get themselves into a prelim against a Hoods side that went almost 2600 themselves (extremely unlucky to lose there btw), Dragons coach kb would be nervous right now for sure. Josk Kelly, Brodie Grundy, Max Gawn, Elliott Yeo, Sam Menegola, Lachie Hunter, Marcus Bontempelli, Jesse Hogan...I can keep going. That is some serious firepower. But, look at the Dragons; Tom Mitchell...Zach Merrett, Mitch Duncan, Jack Crisp, Shannon Hurn, Justin Westhoff, Tom Rockliff. This could be one of the highest scoring matches we've seen. My tip? Geez, after the weekend just gone by, I'm tempted to go with the Steins...and I think I will :-X

And who could forget our consolation finalists? First we have the Owls hosting the Badgers, should be a fairly close game between two sides who would be pretty disappointed not to make finals this year, and will want to take something away from it. Owls at home definitely gives them an advantage, but should the Badgers get Higgins, Hannebery, and Cutler back this week, they should move on to the final.

Secondly, we have the Leeches hosting the Knights. The Leeches would be extremely disappointed as well after being premiers last year, and coach Hawka will be looking to get them back to the top in 2019, but needs to get a win this week. The Knights were very good against the Hawks, and with Danger seemingly back to his best just about, they now have that extra bit of firepower that they were missing for most of the year. I'm gonna back in the Knights.

SilverLion

Quote from: GoLions on August 06, 2018, 08:37:40 PM
And who could forget our consolation finalists? First we have the Owls hosting the Badgers, should be a fairly close game between two sides who would be pretty disappointed not to make finals this year, and will want to take something away from it. Owls at home definitely gives them an advantage, but should the Badgers get Higgins, Hannebery, and Cutler back this week, they should move on to the final.
I got CEY, Jong, Ryan and (Sam) LLLOOOOOYYYYYDDDD back myself since the first round of finals mate ;)

And never right off Barlow from making a shock appearance 8)

Should be a good match!

GoLions

Quote from: SilverLion on August 06, 2018, 09:10:26 PM
I got CEY, Jong, Ryan and (Sam) LLLOOOOOYYYYYDDDD back myself since the first round of finals mate ;)

Should be a good match!
Who are they?

kilbluff1985

we scored over 2600 ourselves this round

but still of course worried however we love facing inform teams we beat Werewolves and Hurricanes multiple times

selection dilemmas who to field out of Henderson or Ebert

McVeigh will play

and the Cats don't tag  ;)

we're more consistant than the Steins hence winning the knockout comp so we're confident yet cautious

that'll be all from the Dragons coach

SydneyRox

Just happy to make a prelim, we were confident at the start of the year, but realised that this isnt probably our year, although if the guys fire it could get interesting.

SilverLion

Quote from: GoLions on August 07, 2018, 12:13:23 AM
Quote from: SilverLion on August 06, 2018, 09:10:26 PM

Should be a good match!
Who are they?
Stars, all of them 8)

kilbluff1985

Birmingham Dragons

Def: Jack Crisp, Shannon Hurn, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Jarrad McVeigh
Mid: Tom Mitchell (C), Zach Merrett (VC), Tom Phillips, Mitch Duncan
Ruck: Tom Bellchambers
Fwd: Justin Westhoff, Orazio Fantasia, Josh Jenkins, Luke Breust
Util: Ricky Henderson, Tom Rockliff

EMG: Brad Ebert [mid], Jed Lamb (fwd), Conor McKenna (def), Matthew Luenberger [ruck]

Rusty00

SilverLion

Oxford Owls

Defence: Zach Tuohy, Jason Johanissen, Jack Gunston, Tom Jonas
Midfield: Bryce Gibbs (VC), Scott Pendlebury (C), Jaeger O'Meara, Ollie Wines (EVC)
Ruck: Jonathan Ceglar
Forward: Tom Hawkins, Allen Christensen, Liam Ryan, Billy Gowers
Utilities: Kade Kolodjashnij, Cam Ellis-Yolmen
Emergencies: Eddie Betts (F), Lin Jong (C/F), Tom McCartin (OOP - B), Zac Giles-Langdon (OOP - R)

Ins: Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Billy Gowers, Liam Ryan
Outs: Stephen Hill (Injured), Ryan Lester (Omitted - AFL), Eddie Betts (Omitted - BXVs)

GoLions

Rusty00

Winchester Werewolves

DEF: Kade Simpson (EVC), Nic Newman, Brad Sheppard, Luke Hodge
MID: Patrick Cripps (C), Dayne Zorko (VC), Lachie Whitfield, David Myers
RUCK: Jordan Roughead
FWD: Toby McLean, Robbie Gray, Alex Neal-Bullen, Bayley Fritsch
UTIL: Jack Steele, David Zaharakis

EMG: Jarryd Roughead (F), Travis Colyer (M/F), Nathan Wilson (D), Matt Buntine (D)

SydneyRox

Blackpool Bunnies

DEF: Michael Hurley, Jimmy Webster, Tom Langdon, Jake Carlisle
MID: Ed Curnow, Matt Crouch(C), Ben Cunnington, Callan Ward(VC)
RUC: Paddy Ryder
FWD: Charlie Dixon, Isaac Heeney, Jordan Dawson, Lance Franklin
UTI: Marc Murphy, Richard Douglas

EMERG: Nathan Freeman, Dougal Howard, Ben Ainsworth, Cam McCarthy

kilbluff1985

nige is hlping me tonight if any late outs as im going to sleep soon

luey added as emerg

nas

Stains Steins:

Def: Elliot Yeo (VC) - Nick Vlastuin - Jayden Short - Aliir Aliir.
Mid: Josh Kelly (C) - Lachie Hunter - Marcus Bontempelli - Brayden Fiorini.
Ruck: Max Gawn (EVC)
Fwd: Christian Petracca - Jesse Hogan - A M-Tippa - Blake Acres.
Util: Brodie Grundy - Sam Menegola (F/M).

Emerg: Brayden Sier (M) - Adam Tomlinson (D) - Cameron Pederson (F/R)

kilbluff1985