Main Menu

Who will GC play first?

Started by ossie85, July 07, 2010, 08:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Why logically? Surely it would be better for a new developing team to have their 2 byes spread out during the season?

i.e 8 rounds a bye, another 8 rounds bye...

As opposed to a bye to begin with 12 rounds, a bye, and another 12 rounds?

Master Q

Well they are a new team, so they would need to Gel toghether, check out other teams, get that extra training you know...

ossie85

Quote from: Master Q on August 08, 2010, 05:59:51 PM
Well they are a new team, so they would need to Gel toghether, check out other teams, get that extra training you know...

boohickey

That's what the preseason for, and if Guy McKenna - who already has inside knowledge of Collingwood and West Coast - hasn't prepared them for whatever the first opponent is, an extra week won't help. Especially given they've had ALL this year to do just that.

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on August 08, 2010, 06:47:10 PM

boohickey

That's what the preseason for, and if Guy McKenna - who already has inside knowledge of Collingwood and West Coast - hasn't prepared them for whatever the first opponent is, an extra week won't help. Especially given they've had ALL this year to do just that.
Really Ossie.

Now I don't want a long answer just give me the 3 letters.

What League Are They In Now?

ossie85

They are in the VFL now Q, but I don't see how that's any different to being in the AFL and having a week off.

Kazahkstan

A fair few of the players have been with GC since last year in the TAC Cup as well, so it may only be a problem for Ablett and others. :D

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on August 09, 2010, 02:12:33 PM

They are in the VFL now Q, but I don't see how that's any different to being in the AFL and having a week off.
So VFL and AFL have the same amount of pressure, and the exact some tacticts?

Alex7089

boohickey

Boohickey? Friends? If it is hehe.
I agree though, I said bye as a joke, if they can't get the team ready I mean, they've kind of had like 1 year & 1/2 preseason ::)

Master Q

Quote from: Alex7089 on August 09, 2010, 07:18:00 PM

boohickey

Boohickey? Friends? If it is hehe.
I agree though, I said bye as a joke, if they can't get the team ready I mean, they've kind of had like 1 year & 1/2 preseason ::)
Aren't you forgetting that not all the GC players now are not going to play in the AFL?

ossie85

Quote from: Master Q on August 09, 2010, 05:29:25 PM

I'm saying that playing VFL is more pressure than NOT playing at all in the AFL with a bye!

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on August 10, 2010, 08:22:35 AM
Quote from: Master Q on August 09, 2010, 05:29:25 PM

I'm saying that playing VFL is more pressure than NOT playing at all in the AFL with a bye!
Really? Would be big amount of expectations if they play Round 1.

Alex7089

MMm a bit of a cop out to not play though. Could help, could hurt... Either way don't really think it will make a LOT of difference.

Master Q

I think it's going to happen so I don't really care what you think at this stage  :)

Alex7089

Ok then... Well, I think it will be interesting either way :)

Master Q

Quote from: Alex7089 on August 10, 2010, 06:55:17 PM
Ok then... Well, I think it will be interesting either way :)
Agreed