Main Menu

Who will GC play first?

Started by ossie85, July 07, 2010, 08:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

In Round 1, who are the AFL going to schedule them against?

I'm going to assume it will be a home game, and I think it will be one of 3 options:

Option A) Against Brisbane Lions to start off local rivalry

Option B) Against Collingwood (or other big Victorian team) to get the buzz going.

Option C) Against a bottom 4 team of 2010 to give them the best chance of a win (Essendon and Melbourne can't travel...)

Thoughts?

Master Q

ossie85

No, since when is the draw random?

Master Q

I don't know ;D Make it random! ;D

Well you can actually figure it out,

Carlton v Richmond
St.Kilda v Sydney

What other annual matches are there?

Justin Bieber

It has to be a big game but a winnable one. Why not start of with a derby?

ossie85

Carlton and Richmond have started ot the year recently, of course there is ANZAC day and the Queens birthday.

And yeah, I think it will be GC v Brisbane

Master Q

CFC 1979

don't think they will start with local Derby but i do think they will play bris x 2

how about geelong at KP

welcome home GAJ

Fletch74

Has to be against Brisbane. They've got to try and promote the first game!! Its a gimme

Kazahkstan

Nope, won't be against Brisbane. The club is just starting off, so getting people to the games will be a priority for the first few games.

GC vs. Brisbane will draw a big crowd anyway, as will the first game the club plays.

Who knows, could be a bye first up for all we know. :P

roo boys!

Yeah Geelong at Kardinia, GAJ will cop it if he does play there for GC.

Alex7089

Give them the bye first up, they will need it.

Master Q

ossie85

Nah, the AFL will make an event of it. They'll probably play Thursday night at the opening of the season

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on August 08, 2010, 04:36:35 PM

Nah, the AFL will make an event of it. They'll probably play Thursday night at the opening of the season
Logically, they should have a bye, but they won't because as Ossie said they will make an event of it. Disagree with the Thursday Night match though, Carlton v Richmond is already circled to be honest. If I was the AFL I'd either make it a Friday Night game, or a Saturday Night game.