APL Round 17

Started by CrowsFan, January 05, 2013, 04:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Just worked out that with the transfer of Ba in to my team I now have:

• 3 of the top 6 forwards
• 3 of the top 9 mids
• 2 of the top 5 defenders

My team is almost unstoppable, so hopefully I can move up from my ranking of 4th and lock myself in for a finals spot. Team will go a little downhill when I lose both Yaya and Ba for the AFCON though later this month... Luckily though they will both be back before the APL Cup final against Jukes :)

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Gkp: Cech
Def: Clichy, Zabaletta, Cole, Bassong
Mid: Pilkington, Wilshere, Brunt, Bale
Fwd: Podolski, Odemwingie

Subs: Lloris, Jones K, Baird, Johnson A

Captain: Cole
VC: Podolski

CrowsFan

All teams in! Can't remember the last time that happened! :o

Jukes

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 11, 2013, 09:47:24 PM
My team is almost unstoppable, so hopefully I can move up from my ranking of 4th and lock myself in for a finals spot. Team will go a little downhill when I lose both Yaya and Ba for the AFCON though later this month... Luckily though they will both be back before the APL Cup final against Jukes :)

a) "My team is almost unstoppable" obviously reffering by almost to my forward line of RVP, Aguero and Fletcher
b) RVP plays QPR and Norwich in the cup final legs...unlucky m8.

Also Aguero out for this week which I could not foresee when I gave you my side so could I have special thing to have him auto subbed off and vice be Fellaini or whoever?

CrowsFan

Sorry jukes not going to change that. RVP will play anyway so not going to make a difference. Unlucky you had Walters in your starting side. 2 own goals and a missed penalty equates to -4 points! :o

Jukes

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 13, 2013, 12:44:31 PM
Unlucky you had Walters in your starting side. 2 own goals and a missed penalty equates to -4 points! :o

This for every week of the competition. I'm used to this kind of rubbish.

Just gotta Keep Calm and Believe in RVP

Jukes

My team; Conceded 4, Evra good as always, red card, conceded 4, did nothing, did nothing, did nothing, TWO OWN GOALS AND A MISSED PENALTY, first pick doesn't play, replacement of course has both goals conceded to his name rather than other hacks, RVP did what RVP does, Fletcha 2 assists but w/e. I lose with like Evra+RVP+Fletcher as my whole score seeing as every other player did shower.

And on my bench I had Krul who got 8...

CrowsFan

With just the Chelsea vs Southampton game still to come, I thought I would do a score update on the 4 matches being played :)

Scaling Saints 51 vs 50 Blue Mountain State
Players Left
Scaling Saints - Lampard
Blue Mountain State - Ba (C), Ivanovic, Hazard, Lambert
Analysis
1 point down, yet 4 players left to play (including captain) against just 1 player left. Hard to see BMS not winning this one.

The Casserole Kids 53 vs 40 Goodfellas
Players Left
The Casserole Kids - None
Goodfellas - None
Analysis
Game over already with no Chelsea or Southampton players for either side. The Casserole Kids win by 13 points.

The Brown Trumpets 57 vs 51 YNWA Warriors
Players Left
The Brown Trumpets - Mata (C), Cahill
YNWA Warriors - Cole (C), Cech
Analysis
The Brown Trumpets have the edge with a 6 point lead and the more attacking player as captain. Cahill may not play however and he has no subs left, so if that's the case the game could get very interesting. A clean sheet for Chelsea and that's 18 points for the Warriors, which would mean Mata would need to get 13 points to win it for the Trumpets. Very exciting :)

The Flippin' Pancakes 32 vs 35 KKS United
Players Left
The Flippin' Pancakes - Luiz (C), Terry, Torres
KKS United - None
Analysis
3 points down, but 3 players left including Luiz as captain. Expect the Pancakes to win this one.

My Chumps

Pretty lucky to get the win but still, moving up the table  8)

CrowsFan

So part of my trade with LE to get Ba was getting Arteta too. Doesn't score too much, but had played 90 minutes in every single game so far of the season so was happy to take him. BUT as soon as I trade him in he injures himself in training and will be out until the start of February ::)

With Yaya at the AFCON I could be in trouble in the mids department...

CrowsFan

Round 17 Results

Scaling Saints 53 vs 79 Blue Mountain State
Best
Scaling Saints - Lampard, Morrison, Walker, Garrido, Silva, Williams
Blue Mountain State - Hazard, Ba, Lambert, Ivanovic, Vertonghen, Nastasic
Subs
Scaling Saints - Williams subbed on for Kone
Blue Mountain State - Nastasic subbed on for Yaya Toure

The Casserole Kids 53 vs 40 Goodfellas @ Steamy Kitchen
Best
The Casserole Kids - Vidic, Mignolet, Santon, Taarabt, Sessegnon
Goodfellas - van Persie, Evra, Fellaini
Subs
The Casserole Kids - Duff subbed on for Long
Goodfellas - Mertesacker subbed on for Aguero

The Brown Trumpets 62 vs 54 YNWA Warriors
Best
The Brown Trumpets - Mata, Tevez, Hart, Jagielka
YNWA Warriors - Cole, Cech, Zabaleta, Bassong, Bale
Subs
The Brown Trumpets - Koscielny subbed on for Evans
YNWA Warriors - Jones subbed on for Odemwingie

The Flippin' Pancakes 33 vs 35 KKS United
Best
The Flippin' Pancakes - Luiz
KKS United - Lukaku, Howard
Subs
The Flippin' Pancakes - Gibbs subbed on for Riise
KKS United - Chamberlain, Lukaku and McAuley subbed on for Nani, Hernandez and Nasri

*Side note of the final game. Before the last match The Flippin' Pancakes were on 32 with Luiz (C), Terry and Torres to play so victory seemed assured, however those three only managed one (yes one) point between them! :o

Jukes

My team back to being a load of tards then I guess.

Also very nice work CF.

CrowsFan

Like my team jukes, yours seems to follow the pattern that either everyone fires or no one fires! Very frustrating!!

Just updated the ladder and amazingly only 6 points separates first place (The Flippin' Pancakes) and seventh place (Scaling Saints)! :o No one is assured a finals spot yet then!

Holz

go KKS, 3 from 3 with coach holz at the helm.

Probably not a deserving winner this week, need a huge improvement.

elephants

Poor, poor effort by the Pancakes :(