Main Menu

Richmond 2016 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 14, 2016, 10:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: T Dog on March 25, 2016, 08:09:44 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 25, 2016, 07:44:28 PM
Beatle kicked 4 in the VFL, surely gets a look next week!

Paul McCarthy or Ringo Nige?   ;D
Lennon's alive and kicking!  ;)

quinny88

I liked seeing some different faces get a run but let's get real now and get the big boys back in
Deledio apparently unlikely again and obviously Conca and Yaz a while off but there need to be a few changes to get some experience back on the park. We were a year younger than Carlton last night!

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on March 26, 2016, 01:59:32 AM
I liked seeing some different faces get a run but let's get real now and get the big boys back in
Deledio apparently unlikely again and obviously Conca and Yaz a while off but there need to be a few changes to get some experience back on the park. We were a year younger than Carlton last night!
Agreed.

I think Chaplin will come in for this reason.

Grigg and Maric are almost certain to be back.

So roughly something like

Hammer -> Maric
Morris -> Grigg

The question is who comes out to get Chaplin and Lennon in, I think Rioli's probably the only other player whose spot is on the line meaning a tough call will have to made.

Potentially maybe something like Rioli -> Lennon and Griffiths -> Chaplin?

I get the feeling that Rioli will keep his spot

Nige

Shane Edwards has had minor surgery on his hand so he'll miss next week's game against the Pies on Friday night.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-26/edwards-to-miss-after-minor-surgery

This probably means Rioli gets another chance.

Ricochet

Quote from: Nige on March 26, 2016, 02:14:24 PM
Shane Edwards has had minor surgery on his hand so he'll miss next week's game against the Pies on Friday night.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-26/edwards-to-miss-after-minor-surgery

Good for Menadue/Ellis as well I'm guessing

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on March 26, 2016, 03:18:05 PM
Quote from: Nige on March 26, 2016, 02:14:24 PM

Good for Menadue/Ellis as well I'm guessing
Definitely, although Menadue's safe as houses after that Round 1 performance, was one of our best.

Toga

I can see
Hammer -> Maric
Morris -> Grigg
Edwards -> Lennon

And then not sure on Chaplin. Grimes wasn't fantastic so will have pressure on to perform this week.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on March 26, 2016, 04:41:46 PM
I can see
Hammer -> Maric
Morris -> Grigg
Edwards -> Lennon

And then not sure on Chaplin. Grimes wasn't fantastic so will have pressure on to perform this week.
Makes sense. Maric and Grigg bring plenty of experience in with them which is exactly what we'll need.

shaker

To state the bleedin obvious our midfield needs to lift big time this week we were soundly beaten most of the game against the Blues only Lambert late got us out of trouble , Cotchin has to lift I know it was only round 1 but he is starting to have to many games like that one he needs to be a leader and a captain and dig in and he needs some help Miles was poor as well along with B Ellis , expect a fired up Magpies this week another performance like that won't get the points

Donnie Brasco

how is brandon ellis still getting a game? hasn't really come on, has he? poor decision maker, especially under pressure, can't kick, especially under pressure, gets shut down easily...

elephants

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on March 29, 2016, 05:33:07 PM
how is brandon ellis still getting a game? hasn't really come on, has he? poor decision maker, especially under pressure, can't kick, especially under pressure, gets shut down easily...

Looked to be playing a bit more in the back half against Carlton... Surely that won't continue, needs to revert to his role from last season on the wing to really excel imo.

Any news on Maric and Lids boys? Can we expect both back this week?

quinny88

Think that's a bit harsh on Brando, he's only 22 and has played some pretty damn good footy in his short career. Wasn't great on the weekend but that could be said about most of the team.

Apparently Lids is unlikely again but not sure on Maric.

Nige

Lids won't play, they're gonna give him another week.

Maric should come in, I think he's over the back soreness and Hampson was horrid.

quinny88

Lids and Edwards are just so important to that half forward line. We lack pace and class without them. I actually don't think we will win with both of them missing but I hope I'm wrong

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on March 29, 2016, 07:16:52 PM
Lids and Edwards are just so important to that half forward line. We lack pace and class without them. I actually don't think we will win with both of them missing but I hope I'm wrong
I think the close call this past week is gonna be a wake up call, plus Collingwood will be hungry for a win after getting straight up embarrassed by the Swans.

We're gonna get Maric and Grigg back which is a welcome boost, especially when it comes to experience and level heads in tough times. I hope and think Lennon will come in, you can't keep a bloke like him in the reserves after he kicked 4.

I still expect:

Quote from: Toga on March 26, 2016, 04:41:46 PM
Hammer -> Maric
Morris -> Grigg
Edwards -> Lennon

Plus with Rioli and Menadue, pace and class aren't too much of an issue, Menadue in particular embodies both of those imo.