Main Menu

Bomber Thompson

Started by Grazz, November 11, 2014, 08:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Could this be a position that would keep Bomber at Essendon or do we think he'll still walk if Craigy lands the Dogs coaching role or are they waiting for Hirds ASADA case to fail then sack him and Bomber takes the job.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-11/craig-in-for-dogs

T Dog

Yeah an interesting twist. Is Bomber still registered with the AFL?..I am not up to date with the non fine payment repercussions.

silloc

No way they'll sake hirdy now, the players are behind him too much

Grazz

Both good points, not sure on Bombers fine details and yeh the players seem to want James to coach if the media are correct.

Ricochet

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2014/11/reports-that-mark-thompson-has-finished-with-the-bombers/

"I'm out, I'm done," Bomber Thompson told the Herald Sun.

"There's not a job there for me."

"I was happy to work there, but a role could not be agreed upon."

tbagrocks

Now he can come to Adelaide ;D

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 12, 2014, 05:17:58 PM
Now he can come to Adelaide ;D

Can't see it mate but could see Bomber pulling the pin. He wanted the coaching job which would of meant James would of been gone. I dont think Bomber wanted to work with Hird again, theres been a breakdown in their relationship for sure.

Ricochet

Also means we can assume Neil Craig is staying at Ess and not gong to Bullies. Essendon wouldn't have let Bomber go if they hadn't locked away Craig

Grazz

Hadn't thought about Craigy, not sure what he'll do tbh, the Dogs is a head coaching job im sure he still harbours the desire to coach. Other options for him at Essendon now Bombers gone maybe. It's interesting. Does Bomber look closer at the Dogs job now and checkmate Craig there forcing him to remain at Essendon. Interesting it is. :-\

Ricochet

I reckon Bombers have already locked Craig away tbh mate. Couldn't see them letting Thompson go otherwise

Grazz

Probably/possibly certainly after Bombers B&F speech he and Hird were never going to work together in 2015 so the way i saw it is if Essendon couldn't sack Hird Bomber would be walking.

kilbluff1985

The main issue was a suitable role if Craig was going Bomber could of had his so I don't think Craig is going at this stage

Grazz

The way Bombers B&F speech sounded, the coaches job was all that would do it.

Big Mac

Quote from: Grazz on November 12, 2014, 07:13:04 PM

Do you have a link to the speech? Don't think I've heard it

Grazz

Quote from: Big  Mac on November 13, 2014, 07:48:48 AM
Quote from: Grazz on November 12, 2014, 07:13:04 PM

Do you have a link to the speech? Don't think I've heard it

Have had a look around and cant seem to find it mate.