Main Menu

Rankings II

Started by valkorum, November 03, 2010, 10:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Mine haven't changed...Maybe I actually am 809th in T20 ;D

cookie311993

Well done fletch and Bboy. coming along well. Fletch is your focus youths.

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on January 12, 2011, 10:55:31 AM
Well done fletch and Bboy. coming along well. Fletch is your focus youths.
ATM yes, as I can get promoted this season.

I have no chance in SOD or T20. We'll see what league I'm in next season for Youths, and if so I'll aim to just stay up, then focus on SOD and T20 as I believe that the 2 worst teams from Div 3 that come down to Div 4 will be beatable next season.

bomberboy0618

i cant get promoted coz i suck, and ill probably get relegated, i hope so it will be a bit easier  :D

cookie311993

good point Flecth like your thinking, a mate of mine Smiddie found something very useful for me which i am using now.

Sent at: 06 Jan 11 10:07   From:  Smiddie
You will need a superior+ youth academy to be able to train a average/average with ordinary secondaries to be a decent play to make seniors, and those players cost like 500k and the investment are high, and still rarely you pull them.

its based on luck, you might pull a few now just means in few seasons time you will have pulled 0 more to make up for it.

Sent at: 06 Jan 11 10:10   From:  cookie311993
so what your saying is that all money should be invested into seniors, youths are a waste of money

Sent at: 06 Jan 11 10:15   From:  Smiddie
Not all your money, but there is proof that investing in Youths is a waste of money unless you have a high end academy like lavish/deluxe and abit of luck with pulls (or loads of cash to begin with).

invest in seniors what you can afford but still make a slight profit.

few things i can say here, (you should read the article)

1. seniors = 10-12yrs of training
youths = only 4

2. SOD/T20 = 8x more money at 3x that cost. meaning wages on average are 3x higher in seniors then that of youths, but you make 8x the money which easily covers it (not sure about the exact figures but its close enough)

and IMO much more fun.

In saying that i think youths are totally waste of money and its proving in ROB's article but i still think training 16yr old and being competitive in youths would be nice, so once im in Div 2 or 1 depending on my finance i will start to invest, but until then im going pure seniors and putting all my money into it so i get up there quicker.

I never realised it but wow, i had been investing so much into my youths for nothing

Fletch74

Makes sense Cookie, but I'm only investing 15k in Youths, and 25k in seniors ATM. That's only cos of the promotion issue. Next year will be different as I know that I have a chance of being promoted in SOD and T20.

No point this year for me. My aim is to have all 3 of my teams in Div 3 by the end of next season

cookie311993

yeah i was the same as you fletch. here is an article i foud on youths and are they worth it
http://sites.google.com/site/fromthepavilionuae/academies . very worth while reading through

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on January 12, 2011, 11:39:45 AM
yeah i was the same as you fletch. here is an article i foud on youths and are they worth it
http://sites.google.com/site/fromthepavilionuae/academies . very worth while reading through
Thanks Cookie. I have printed it, and will have a read of it later ;)

cookie311993

no worries fletch. has changed my mind on youths. its a good read for teams in financial problems

roo boys!

Yep i Don't really like investing in youths.

Justin Bieber

It's way too much to invest Improving+ for Seniors, so just keep both on improving for now :).

Hoping to get excellent by season's end.

roo boys!

I have Improving+ for seniors but Declining+ for youths now ;)

cookie311993

i have the same as you R&B becuase of the advice from smiddie and Mod-Rob article

chrisuzz

Competitions
Senior One Day One Day 3.3
Rankings Country: 54, World: 1255
Twenty20 Twenty20 3.1
Rankings Country: 65, World: 1403
Youth One Day Youth 3.1
Rankings Country: 56, World: 1251

Haha im gonna get relegated in T20

Justin Bieber

No shame in that. I might be also. 1 win out of safety :(.