Started by nrich102, November 03, 2012, 07:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Retirements
Amon Buchanan
Josh Drummond
Ben Hudson

Amon Buchanan -
Buchanan announced he will not play on after this season at the clubs award night. He finished his career on a high with a win over the Western Bulldogs and then went on to win the NEAFL inter-conference Grand Final over the Queanbeyan Tigers. Click here to watch the game. He is 29.

Josh Drummond -
Drummond announced his retirement saying he could not play on. [ur=http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-lion-superboot-josh-drummond-will-today-announce-his-afl-retirement/story-e6frepex-1226481130437l]Drummond might be going to North Melbourne to coach[/url]. Drummond played 93 games and is also 29.

Ben Hudson -
Hudson retired after the Lions recruited Stefan Martin.  Hudson delayed his retirement from the Western Bulldogs to play for the lions. Hudson was a savour for the Lions after Leuenberger received a season ending achilles injury. He turns 34 in February.

Delistings
Cheynee Stiller

Josh Dyson

Brad Harvey

James Hawksley

Bryce Retzlaff

Sam Sheldon

All 6 were delisted at the same time. Many were surprised when Hawksley was delisted. I think Hawksley was a good player and I hope he gets picked up by another club. There is talk that Bisbane will take Retzlaff in the rookie draft.

Trades and Free Agents
All the Lions Free Agents re-signed with the club, except for Drummond, who retired.

The Lions got Brent Moloney from Melbourne

I think that Moloney will help the Lions, with Simon Black ageing, I think he will bring experience into the team. The down side is though, it will push Rockliff up forward and stop his DT scoring, But other than that I think it will help the Lions.

The Lions traded picks 52 and 73 to Melbourne for Stefan Martin.

Personally, I didn't like the trade. I'm hoping that he will have to fight for his spot in the team. Voss wants an experienced forward, he should play Lisle and Cornelius if he wants them to be experienced.