What happens with Brisbane's ruck next year?

Started by Hawks_1976, September 16, 2009, 10:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks_1976

Clark could argueably have been the most improved player in the comp in 2009.
Is he clearly the No1 ruckman at Brisbane now?
Where do Charman and Luenburger fit in now?
Will their return affect Clark's fantasy numbers?
How will the other 2 go fantasy wise?

hibbo

Quote from: Hawks_1976 on September 16, 2009, 10:38:04 PM
Will their return affect Clark's fantasy numbers?

IMO yes, how could it not? Another ruckmen means less gametime - unless Clark just goes forward for a rest? Will be interesting to see where he plays in Nab Cup. But I would imagine he'd still be there #1 ruck...

BradStar

Dont think im crazy, Luenburger will either not play often, or maybe switch to CHB like alot of ruckmen? But i doubt it because they have patfull,merrett etc.
With Brown and Bradshaw, up foward i dont think clark or charman will move there? maybe they will play like st.kilda with king and gardiner giving them equal time in the ruck.

Kangamagic

I think with Charman coming back next season it will mean maybe Clarke can move forward also with Brown, Fevola and Clarke as the big targets in the potent Lions forward structure. Teams will have their hands full trying to combat that forward line. That means Charman and Luenburger will do most of the ruck work with Clarke also having a stint in the ruck.

Bradshaw most likely go to Sydney, and Carlton is still keen on him as I feel he wants to move back to Victoria he would have maybe 2 years left if injuries don't take its toll on him and finish him off.
He has been a GREAT player for the Lions over many seasons a key to there flag and all the wins they generated over the past decade.

Pav29

Leunberger has been Rucking well lately whilst Clark has performed poorly.

FFB1

Quote from: Pav29 on May 01, 2010, 11:23:31 AM
Leunberger has been Rucking well lately whilst Clark has performed poorly.

Clark had a bit of a setback early on this season, was quite ill for a couple of weeks. One could argue that the return of Leuenberger was a cause of that but he did return a good score last week (96 I think) with both him and Leuey playing (and also against one of the 'in form' rucks this season in Jamar).

I've got Clark and I havent thought once of getting rid of him.. OK, I lie, I did think about it but the whole sideways trade thing...not worth it. Am confident he wil continue to improve.

Cicjose

Leunberger finally living up to potential but at least he didn't get brisbane over the line against freo 2nite tho.

Kazahkstan

Charmo's contract is up at the end of next year (I'm led to believe), and at the rate he's going injury-wise I can't see it being renewed.

Will play a minor role next season.

Fletch74

Think they should stick with the berger and Clark. Charman should be traded.

Justin Bieber

Reckon thats what's going to happen. He's no longer needed so why not cut him?

Hawks might be tempted with him?

Master Q

Quote from: Fletch74 on July 16, 2010, 09:27:04 AM
Think they should stick with the berger and Clark. Charman should be traded.
Agreed.

roo boys!

ossie85

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on July 19, 2010, 09:40:38 AM

I think they should trade Michael Voss
That might be next on the cards... Prob won't happen though.

Cruiseon

The Burger is playing much better than Clarke at the moment. I might look at the burger next year for SC, price obviosuly must be suitable.