Wold Cup Fantasy

Started by nrich102, January 27, 2015, 09:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: The_Captain on February 04, 2015, 02:50:29 PM
hahaha PB. Would be a handy buy. not many cheap options out there!!!

Im in now. Mr World Wide!

Smith
Finch
Warner
Johnson... AUs players.

Then got
De villers.
Mccullmums x 2
Herath
Phillander
Ali
Williamson.

Any must have players out there??
Pretty solid team there mate, without having a look yet, that seems like a strong team.

PowerBug

Going by the way trading works, you want New Zealand and England players early, and avoid Pakistan, Ireland, UAE players.

The_Captain

Would rather steyn than phillander. but 20k cheaper. N mcullum probably the weak link.. but dirt cheap and will bowl and maybe get a few cheap runs... probably wont bat in a few games lol.

eagles929406

ANYBODY INTERESTED IN DOING THE FOXSPORTS FANTASY FOR THE WORLD CUP?
HAVE A LEAGUE SETUP CODE: 2612-535

http://cwcfantasy.foxsports.com.au/

The_Captain

Quote from: eagles929406 on February 09, 2015, 06:31:19 PM
ANYBODY INTERESTED IN DOING THE FOXSPORTS FANTASY FOR THE WORLD CUP?
HAVE A LEAGUE SETUP CODE: 2612-535

http://cwcfantasy.foxsports.com.au/

im in.

Nige

I'm in the right thread now.  ;D

PowerBug

Williamson
Guptill
Shehzad
Root
de Villiers
B.McCullum (PP)
Ali
Marsh
Herath
Starc
McClenaghan

Is how I think I'll lineup for Game 1. Then there's this nice "scheduled subs" option which basically lets you make trades one game in advance. For which I am changing Herath to Maxwell at this stage, and making Ali my PP.

Might change that and bring in another English player instead, idk.

Bill Manspeaker

PowerBug

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on February 12, 2015, 07:50:28 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on February 12, 2015, 03:51:38 PM
no Smiddy PB?
Head over heart. Predicting a flop from him this WC.
I feel like if he misses out with the bat he's a waste of a pick because I don't think he'll bowl and don't wanna be relying on his fielding.

I want him to do well, but I think there are better options.

PowerBug

If he looks ok I might grab him in the 2nd half of the group stage.

T Dog

Rusty00

Hey guys do you think India will go with 6 batsmen + Dhoni or stick with 5 + Dhoni like they did in the Tri-Series?

If they go with 5 + Dhoni who do you think gets the 5 spot out of Raina or Rayudu (assuming the Top 4 are Sharma, Dhawan, Rahane, Kohli)?

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on February 13, 2015, 12:39:57 PM
Hey guys do you think India will go with 6 batsmen + Dhoni or stick with 5 + Dhoni like they did in the Tri-Series?

If they go with 5 + Dhoni who do you think gets the 5 spot out of Raina or Rayudu (assuming the Top 4 are Sharma, Dhawan, Rahane, Kohli)?
I think they'll go 5 with 2 allrounders in Jadeja/Ashwin and Binny (for that 5 overs of medium pace that he bowls).

Team will be something like Sharma, Dhawan, Kohli, Rahane, Dhoni, Raina, Jadeja/Ashwin, Binny, Kumar, Shami, Yadav.

PowerBug

Quote from: T Dog on February 13, 2015, 11:39:29 AM
The insights of Warwick Todd on all the world cup teams, odds, key players. Updating my team now.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/warwicks-guide-to-the-biggest-bash-of-all-the-cricket-world-cup/story-fni0ffsx-1227217679182
Really needed that insight. That Pakistan one was good. :P