WXV Vacant Coaching Position - Mexico City Suns

Started by ossie85, January 28, 2014, 12:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Required information

Maca24 has been MIA for some time now, with only 2 posts since September. He has been contacted many times, with no response. Normally this would mean he'd lose his team, but his Assistant JROO8 has been filling in greatly.

Maca has been given until the end of the month to respond, or he'll lose his team.

If you can contact Maca, let him know that time is running out.

I've started the application process now, because if he doesn't come back I'd like to have this team up and running by the NAB cup. If he returns by the end of the month, this process will be stopped.

History of the Mexico City Suns

.... Now this is a biggie. I could even see coaches of other Worlds team wanting to take the reigns of this one also!

The Mexico City Suns are one of, if not the most, successful teams in the competition. Titles include:

- 2012 Premier
- 2013 Minor Premier
- 2012 Reserves Premier
- 2012 North American Cup
- 2013 Americas Premier
- 2013 World Cup Winner (from all four XV Competitions)

His 2013 year was outstanding, finishing the home and away season with a 16-1 record, before falling down at the last hurdle losing to the Sao Paulo Pumas in the Grand Final (almost reverse of what happened the year before).

The squad includes a large amount of stars, with the full list below:

Defenders
Bartel   Jimmy
Hurn   Shannon
Hodge   Luke
Adcock   Jed
Enright   Corey
Merrett   Daniel
Lake   Brian
Firrito   Michael
Baguley   Mark
Pearce   Daniel
Strauss   James
Carter   Adam
Cutler   Tom
Siggins   Sam

Midfielders
Goddard   Brendon
Sidebottom   Steele
Bartel   Jimmy
Ebert   Bradley
Lewis   Jordan
Thompson   Scott
Hodge   Luke
Moloney   Brent
Vince   Bernie
Hrovat   Nathan
Prudden   Joshua
McGennis   Tim
Curren   Tom
Jack   Brandon
Acres   Blake
Barrett   Jake
Lemmens   Sean
Biggs   Shane
Grey   Brady
Robinson   Daniel
Ah Chee   Brendon

Ruck
Maric   Ivan
Sandilands   Aaron
Currie   Daniel
Blicavs   Mark

Forwards
Riewoldt   Nick
Crameri   Stewart
Goodes   Adam
Waite   Jarrad
Merrett   Daniel
Membrey   Tim
Addison   Dylan
Yarran   Chris
Hitchcock   Cameron

So if you would like your chance to coach this team, submit your resume and what you would do with this team!

Submissions close 11:59pm 7th February.

Oz

CrowsFan

I would like to apply to manage this team, however I will not be giving up my Pumas team. My plan will be to trade all the good players to the Pumas and form a super team called the Sun Pumas. This is a similar animal to the Snow Leopard but far stronger and faster.

I hope you consider my nomination ;)

ossie85

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 28, 2014, 12:40:29 PM
I would like to apply to manage this team, however I will not be giving up my Pumas team. My plan will be to trade all the good players to the Pumas and form a super team called the Sun Pumas. This is a similar animal to the Snow Leopard but far stronger and faster.

I hope you consider my nomination ;)

I'd like to announce TWO Vacant Coaching positions...

The Coach of 2013 Premiers the Sao Paulo Pumas has just admitted he plans to cheat.... Applications will be considered here!

.. (joking for any crazy people out there)

CrowsFan

Is it really cheating if I tell everyone of the plans before hand? :P

CrowsFan

Just a heads up for those considering applying... Getting this job comes with an automatic rivalry with the Pumas :)

Nige

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 28, 2014, 12:44:27 PM
Just a heads up for those considering applying... Getting this job comes with an automatic rivalry with the Pumas :)
We're trying to get people to apply. Don't scare off the potential applicants.  :o

Nails

Pumas are meant to be our rivals  >:(

Therefore I'd like to apply for the this job.

FisherSaints

I am applying to be the coach of the Mexico City Suns.

Since leaving the New Delhi Tigers I have quit playing basketball which took up my time as I had two training sessions and a game per week. I have wanted to get involved in WXV again and have been putting my name out as an assistant.

XV Experience: Original coach of the New Delhi Tigers, assistant coach at the Vietnam Vipers in AXV and the Winchester Werewolves in BXV

Backs: Shannon Hurn, Jimmy Bartel, Luke Hodge, Jed Adcock.
Midfielders: Brendon Goddard, Scott Thompson, Steele Sidebottom, Brad Ebert.
Ruck: Ivan Maric
Forwards: Nick Riewoldt, Jarrad Waite, Stewart Crameri, Adam Goodes
Utilities: Jordan Lewis, Corey Enright

This is a quality lineup and there is plenty of cover for injuries as well. If I took over as coach I would keep much of the same lineup. The only thing that could be needed is youth, with a fair few of the players in the lineup and in the depth getting to the twilight of their career.

I would love to be the coach of the Mexico City Suns and I hope you guys will vote for me

Master Q

ossie85

CrowsFan

Quote from: Nails on January 28, 2014, 01:03:33 PM

Pumas are meant to be our rivals  >:(
My team is so good it has 2 rivals :P

Justin Bieber

Think JRoo should apply as he has pretty much taken care of Mexico in Maca's absence. But not sure how many teams he'll be willing to run as probably involved in other XV's.

Jroo

Hi, as most of you know I've been Maca's assistant for the last few months.
I wished there was some way to contact Maca,  :( as he has put a lot of effort into this team and that's why when I was his assistant I declined a few trade offers, as it wasn't my team and I had no idea when Maca would be back. However, I was left to do the team's drafting, since Maca wasn't on.

I would like to coach this side, as we're a chance at the Premiership and IMO the most prestigious XV team in history, so far.  :P

The team is very strong and my best XV would look like:

B Bartel Hodge Adcock Enright
M Sidebottom Goddard Ebert Lewis
R Maric
F Crameri Yarran Goodes Nroo
U S.Thompson Vince

EMG Moloney Sandilands Hurn

If I do get this job, I'd look to bring in a forward and possibly another captain option.

I'm usually on everyday and usually respond to PM's straight away so I'm easy to contact. I like trading, so I would try to complete a few trades by the end of the trade period, to improve the side's Premiership hopes.

My XV History
AXV - Head Coach of the UAE Tigers, click here for my team thread.
BXV - I was an assistant at the Hastings Hurricanes for MTTY for about a year.
EXV - I was an assistant at the Spanish Stallions for Torpedo10 for about a year, before moving to the Valkyries with Zip.
WXV - I was an assistant at New York with Sid before leaving to take a Head Coach role at Beijing. I then gave up that position (as I wasn't able to run two teams at the time but now I'll have a bit more time and I feel I'm able to run two sides), I then joined Mexico City, as an assistant to Maca, before he left and I've pretty much taken over as a temporary head coach, in place of Maca.

SuperCoach is my favourite fantasy comp, so to be involved in WXVs would be a great privilege.

Thanks and good luck to the other applicants. :)

CrowsFan

Jroo