WXV Vacant Coaching Position - Beijing Bears (again)

Started by ossie85, May 14, 2013, 07:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Yeah there are enough apllicants now I only said I'd do it if nobody applied so I withdraw to

Toga

Quote from: Master Q on May 15, 2013, 06:08:09 PM
I'd like to announce that Toga and I, if elected will be co-coaching together.

Our official application!

Hi all, Master Q and I would like to apply for the position at the Beijing Bears as Co-Coaches.

Toga:
I've been around FanFooty for almost a year now, and think I have proven my worth to the forums, being very dedicated in giving advice around the P&T boards, while also taking on a position as coach at the Mongolian Lambs in the AXV competition. I've loved my time in that competition, as it has a great community, and I'd love to become a part of the WXV community as well. I've been an assistant coach with Jukes since he was appointed Head Coach at Moscow, and have enjoyed being a part of the competition as an assistant, but would love to take the next step and get a Head Coach role.

As for my strengths, I'd say my friendly attitude towards being involved in these fantasy competitions would be my main characteristic, along with my dedication to not only the team but the rest of the competition in making the community as friendly as possible. Another main strength of mine would be my design skills - thanks to Sid I've become pretty handy with PhotoShop in designing guernseys etc. I actually designed the guernseys for the previous coach of the Bears, this was my work:

I've also helped out a number of other coaches with their guernseys, membership campaigns, team graphics and score cards recently.

Master Q:
My clear strengths is my tactical, strategy and trading side of the game. In other words I am a Fantasy Mastermind. The team has a great mix of age and ability although I think it's lacking some firepower. This list looks like it'll have a lot of soon-to-be premiums and if a few more older guys are added at EOS, I think at the end of the 2014/15 season it has a chance to be above the 33,000 point cap.

Our thoughts on the team:

BEST XV
D: Harry Taylor (VC), Brent Guerra, Rhyce Shaw, Josh Hunt
M: Matt Rosa, Josh Caddy, Liam Shiels, Oliver Wines,
R: Matthew Kreuzer (C)
F: Scott Gumbleton, Travis Varcoe, Eddie Betts, Sam Mayes
U: Daniel Kerr, Sam Kerridge

While we don't see this lineup being particularly strong at the moment, there is some great youth in this side. Brodie Grundy, Ben Kennedy and Jackson Thurlow are some names that didn't quite make the cut for the current Best XV, but I'm sure will be pushing for senior selection as soon as next year. Oliver Wines and Sam Mayes are already establishing themselves at a senior level, and we expect them to be leadership material for the team in the future.

Matthew Kreuzer and Harry Taylor are probably the only captain material at the moment that really stand out compared to the rest of the team, so that would be a focus of ours coming into the EOS trading period: finding a solid captain for the side. ANother focus would be recruiting some more players in their early twenties in exchange for some of our older heads that don't quite fit the team structure... With all the youth named above coming through, we think it would be best to try and build the team around its already existing youth base. I'd say we'll also be getting an early draft pick the way the season has started as well, which could either be used to lure an already established player to the Bears, or if that fails, could be used to pick up some of the country's best young talent.

Hopefully you guys see us as a good candidate for this position, but good luck to all other applicants!

Thanks,

Master Q and Toga
Prospective coaches of the Beijing Bears

ossie85

Coolio, we have 2 strong applicants!

Toga/Master Q

and

BB67th

Toga

Thanks Oz - I was a bit uncertain whether I would be able to handle the team on my own, given the obvious work that will need to be done at EOS, but I think as Co-Coaches, Q and I would be able to pull this team out of the ashes and transform it into a competitive outfit next year. :)

AFEV

Does this mean you're coming back to NY as an assistant Jroo? :o

Best of luck to both of the applicants (and any others that enter later). :))

Justin Bieber

ossie85

Sorry guys, gotta run...

But Toga/Master Q win in a tight battle

Keep applying BB!

Jay

BB67th

Ringo

Congrats Toga and Q and I get to keep my assistant coach Yeah!!

Master Q

Thanks guys!

Hopefully Toga and I can sort some out some stuff over the weekend, like a new thread and graphics etc.

Btw Os, our team will be in shortly.

Jroo

Quote from: Sid on May 15, 2013, 11:26:22 PM
Does this mean you're coming back to NY as an assistant Jroo? :o

Best of luck to both of the applicants (and any others that enter later). :))
If you need me to, I'll be happy to come back.
Also congrats to Toga and Q

Toga

Thanks for the kind words guys, rapt to be a part of this young team with Q! Will take some rebuilding but can't wait to see what we can do with the team!

Just discussing the fine points of the team now, should be up shortly. :D

Toga

Also just letting everyone know, mainly Oz, that both Q and I are a bit busy this weekend, so we will start to organise a team thread and all of that stuff at the start of next week as we work stuff out! :)

AFEV

Congratulations to Toga and Q - Thoroughly deserving and what is necessary to turn Beijing around in the post-season. :)