Auction House

Started by Spite, January 29, 2016, 03:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spite

Auction House

Once a week, a card will go up for sale for all users to bid on. At a random time on Thursday, the auction will end and the card will go to the user with the highest bid. There will also be a “Buy it now” option for users to purchase the card immediately and stop the auction process.

The reason for a random time is to stop people “sniping” the auction at the last minute and causing chaos, and to also ensure that the winner of the auction can use their card in the upcoming week (this may not always be possible, but I will try to make it so).

Basically, if you want the card, bid on it. :)

At some stages in the year we will also have a silent auction, where people will PM me their bids on a card. The highest bidder will not be revealed and whoever PM'ed me the highest bid will win. There will be a real chance of some steals!

Surprise double auction!

The fourth player up for Auction will be..................

???with a buy it now option of... ???? Gold.

You may bid here and I will stop bidding at a random time on Thursday next week to prevent sniping. The buy-it-now option will end the bidding process.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fifth player up for Auction will be.........

???.

This will be a silent auction. Please PM me with your bids. You will not be told who is the current highest bidder.  I will stop bidding at a random time on Thursday. There is no buy-it-now option. This is a real chance to get a bargain.
Good luck all!

Auction History

Round 2: Jack Newnes, Silver, 26G
Round 3: Rory Sloane, Gold, 61G. Darcy Parish, Bronze, 10G.
Round 4:
(Holz must purchase one of these)
Silver Ruck = 26G
Gold Ruck = 90G

(Nrich must purchase one of these)
Silver Mid = 20G
Gold Mid = 94G

(TomK must purcahse one of these)
Silver Forward = 25G
Gold Forward = 89G

(GL/TCfool must purchase one of these)
Silver Backman = 25G
Gold Backman = 89G

Random Gold = 64G

_wato

I would love Jack Steven or Rocky hahaha

Football Factory

Any hints as to which sort of player will be up for Auction on Thursday   :D

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum

Midfielder, Defender, Forward, Ruck

Spite

Quote from: Football Factory on March 08, 2016, 04:04:04 PM
Any hints as to which sort of player will be up for Auction on Thursday   :D

Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum

Midfielder, Defender, Forward

It will end on Thursday. Card will go up sometime on the weekend or Monday.

I will randomise it between Silver, Gold and Platinum (all positions), however some weeks I have planned for them to definitely be a gold or platinum card.

I am also considering making an extra prize for scoring the highest for the week the chance to select to the position (not the rarity) of the auction card. Perhaps even the exact card from my choice of rarity. This will allow people to target duplicates to help them get special editions.

Football Factory

Derrrr  should have read it properly  ;D  yeah cool sounds good mate.

Football Factory

If someone purchases the card immediately will there be another card put up for auction or is that it ? Im going to assume the purchase price of the card would be fairly significant to stop people from just buying them straight away.

Spite

Quote from: Football Factory on March 08, 2016, 04:19:52 PM
If someone purchases the card immediately will there be another card put up for auction or is that it ? Im going to assume the purchase price of the card would be fairly significant to stop people from just buying them straight away.

Correct and it would stop the auction immediately with no other card going up until the following week

Holz

just a suggestion maybe 3 cards go for auction.

would be interesting to see who goes where and if you have 150g to spend and you wanted a platinum who was currently at 130g and there were two golds at 60 each you would have to pick between dropping 135 on the platinum, 65 each on the gold or putting in a killer bid of 80g on the gold.

not sure it would flood the market as on average you would only win a auction every 3+ weeks as opposed to every 10 weeks.

i imagine would be pretty boring if there is one bronze up for auction for the week and nobody wants it.

Football Factory

Quote from: Spite on March 08, 2016, 05:38:52 PM
Quote from: Football Factory on March 08, 2016, 04:19:52 PM

Correct and it would stop the auction immediately with no other card going up until the following week

Okay thanks again, sorry to keep asking questions, you're probably at work.

GoLions

Quote from: Holz on March 08, 2016, 05:40:30 PM

would be interesting to see who goes where and if you have 150g to spend and you wanted a platinum who was currently at 130g and there were two golds at 60 each you would have to pick between dropping 135 on the platinum, 65 each on the gold or putting in a killer bid of 80g on the gold.

not sure it would flood the market as on average you would only win a auction every 3+ weeks as opposed to every 10 weeks.

i imagine would be pretty boring if there is one bronze up for auction for the week and nobody wants it.
I like this. There won't be any bronze cards up for auction though, as Spite already mentioned.

Holz

Quote from: GoLions on March 08, 2016, 05:54:08 PM

I like this. There won't be any bronze cards up for auction though, as Spite already mentioned.

maybe just 2 then if we want to keep it low. Still would imagine if say Rohan Bewick was up then it would be a super quiet week.

Spite

Quote from: Holz on March 08, 2016, 06:10:28 PM
Quote from: GoLions on March 08, 2016, 05:54:08 PM

maybe just 2 then if we want to keep it low. Still would imagine if say Rohan Bewick was up then it would be a super quiet week.

In my logic it should only generate cards for playing players (gold and platinum) and top X% of silver cards so there shouldn't really be too many "bad" cards up for auction. (X isn't confirmed but probably 50)

I like the idea of 2 of a time but it would have to be implemented after a few rounds/mid season so that the cards have a chance of being sold for a "fair" price. (after people have accumulated a bit of gold).

If cards are sold for too cheap, it will break the balance of the game. This is why a silver card will be on sale for round 1 and potentially round 2 (heavily favoured % wise).

A lot of things are actually up to chance and not up to me, I kind of like not having any mod bias ruin this as it is mostly random number generators deciding things in this game. This however does have the potential to "break" the game if someone gets insanely lucky.

Football Factory

Is there going to be an Auction card this week .. Spite/Levi   :)

Ricochet

Quote from: Football Factory on March 15, 2016, 02:04:03 PM

Quote from: Spite on January 29, 2016, 03:24:52 PM
The first card will go up for Auction in Round 2
:P

Plus I don't have any money left for an auction :-X

Football Factory

Quote from: Ricochet on March 15, 2016, 02:09:46 PM
Quote from: Football Factory on March 15, 2016, 02:04:03 PM

Quote from: Spite on January 29, 2016, 03:24:52 PM
The first card will go up for Auction in Round 2
:P

Plus I don't have any money left for an auction :-X

Fark, I should really start to read things properly, getting lazy  :o

I guess ill spend my cash then.