The most ridiculous investigation I've ever seen...

Started by powersuperkents, February 29, 2016, 07:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

"THE AFL is investigating an incident involving Collingwood's Alex Fasolo in Friday night's NAB Challenge clash with Geelong."

"The broadcaster's cameras appeared to capture vision of Fasolo urinating into a cup on the interchange bench in the second quarter of the match."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-29/magpies-forward-alex-fasolo-under-afl-investigation

Players cannot be expected to hold it in during AFL matches. The games exceed two hours and they are constantly being tackled (better in a cup than on an incoming Cat hahaha).

The Pies are my least favourite team, but even I think this is really unfair on Fasolo. The change-rooms are on the opposite side of the stadium. If the AFL don't want this to happen, put change-rooms near the interchange bench... problem solved hahaha

It makes you wonder what they are even investigating haha (there's literally nothing to investigate..)

fanTCfool

Agree, this is ridiculous, what has he done wrong? Urinated? Don't we all? He even tried to put a towel over the sensitive area but the camera was too low to the ground, unlucky and innocent

powersuperkents

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 29, 2016, 07:52:09 PM
Agree, this is ridiculous, what has he done wrong? Urinated? Don't we all? He even tried to put a towel over the sensitive area but the camera was too low to the ground, unlucky and innocent
Next they will be saying it's Fasolo's fault for choosing to remain hydrated  :P

The AFL have made an incident out of nothing and have now chosen to bring something trivial to the public's attention. Fortunately, I don't see Fasolo being negatively affected by this (I think everyone would agree he's done nothing wrong - it's just a question of how long it takes the AFL to realise it haha)

T Dog

nrich102

Football Factory

Ziplock

Quote from: Football Factory on February 29, 2016, 09:47:56 PM
Im glad he didn't need a crap   :o

haha.

So wait, can't players go to the bathroom during the game? Or is it just really far away?

Jukes

As an athlete myself I know how frustrating it can be to be during a game and really needing to go (I held on through about half of my games last season aha), don't blame him really! Shouldn't be reprimanded.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ziplock on March 01, 2016, 01:55:16 PM
Quote from: Football Factory on February 29, 2016, 09:47:56 PM
Im glad he didn't need a crap   :o

haha.

So wait, can't players go to the bathroom during the game? Or is it just really far away?
He would of had to walk to the other side of the stadium to use the facilities

His only other option would be waiting until halftime or jumping into the crowd and using the public facilities (and fans would expect him to pose for selfies if that scenario eventuated :P )

quinny88

Change rooms only on the other side of the ground due to the reconstruction thats going on at Geelong so normally wouldnt have been a problem.
Players used to piss on the ground in the huddle at the breaks. Probably for the best that we moved on from that but this is nothing

Ringo

Quote from: quinny88 on March 02, 2016, 03:25:21 AM
Change rooms only on the other side of the ground due to the reconstruction thats going on at Geelong so normally wouldnt have been a problem.
Players used to piss on the ground in the huddle at the breaks. Probably for the best that we moved on from that but this is nothing
100% agree time to move on - It is just unfortunate these days with numerous cameras covering games they pick up these minor things an d turn them into big mountains. In my League playing days in Qld  yesterday ( :D :D) we did not have the option of going to change rooms at half time so most of us just peed in the half time huddle.

What next investigate players for expectorating on the ground?

Fair dinkim AFL surely you have much higher priorities to look at.