Main Menu

The 2015 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Pkbaldy, April 17, 2015, 03:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I know one thing Ratts and Sticks were keen on when they appointed him back in 08 was bringing all the Carlton greats and their families back into the fold. We started the 'academy' and had a lot of past great like Diesel to come and do some assistant coaching. You might be right that the Saints showed some interest first but I don't think we were too far behind. Either way he will probably get a shot in the system and that is all he can really want. He might see more opportunity with us since you guys probably have a few more speedy half back/wing players then we do.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 03, 2015, 08:55:56 PM
I know one thing Ratts and Sticks were keen on when they appointed him back in 08 was bringing all the Carlton greats and their families back into the fold. We started the 'academy' and had a lot of past great like Diesel to come and do some assistant coaching. You might be right that the Saints showed some interest first but I don't think we were too far behind. Either way he will probably get a shot in the system and that is all he can really want. He might see more opportunity with us since you guys probably have a few more speedy half back/wing players then we do.

Yeah it was around the same time. Remember watching a video about it, he had the Saints day and then the next week the Blues one... Poor kid probably copped a lot of shower a few years ago getting horded by who he is going to pick. I reckon you guys would be favorites but wouldn't be surprised if he picked us.  I'd just more ashamed at the fact that Robert Harvey's son probably won't make it to AFL level  :'(

Mat0369

I was looking for some info on Jake Bradley and he looks like he is still fighting for a spot on the Knights and hasn't set the world on fire when he has played. He is a small body type so he might just take a bit longer to mature

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 03, 2015, 09:24:12 PM
I was looking for some info on Jake Bradley and he looks like he is still fighting for a spot on the Knights and hasn't set the world on fire when he has played. He is a small body type so he might just take a bit longer to mature

Well if he's struggling to get into the Knights team he might need to take a different approached to be noticed! Haven't heard much about him. Tempted to do a power rankings for my top 20... But I have little info on Div 2 players :( So might exclude most of them.

Pkbaldy

Bill Manspeaker

the Country vs Metro game just started and is being shown live on the AFL app (maybe the website as well, dunno)

Schache has made a pretty good start, 2 shots within the first few minutes, kicked 1.1

Bill Manspeaker

Aaron Francis

I know the Saints will be looking at midfielders in the draft, but geez, Francis and Goddard down back for 15 years would be nice

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on June 11, 2015, 08:34:04 PM
Aaron Francis

I know the Saints will be looking at midfielders in the draft, but geez, Francis and Goddard down back for 15 years would be nice

I think if we finish with pick 3-6 (After compo and other shower), we will either jump on Darcy Tucker (Strong midfielder/defender) or Aaron Francis.

Pkbaldy

I think a certain Carlton supporter on this forum that would be happy with Jack Silvagni's efforts today! The kid killed it.

Mat0369

Pkbaldy

I believe so too! I've done a little power ranking for the Div 1 players and he makes the top 20. I'd love to give reasons why for each one... But i'm not very good at putting my thoughts into words haha. But here's the top 20 anyway.

Top 20 Div 1 players.

1. Jacob Weitering (VicC) (Key Defender)
2. Darcy Parish (VicC) (Midfielder)
3. Josh Schache (VicC) (Key Forward)
4. Rhys Mathieson (VicC) (Midfielder)
5. Harley Balic (VicM)(Midfielder)
6. Aaron Francis (SA)(Key Defender)
7. Luke Partington (SA) (Midfielder)
8. Ryan Clarke (VicM) (Midfielder/Forward)
9. Nicholas O'Kearney (VicM) (Midfielder)
10. Callum Ah Chee (WA) (Forward/Defender)
11. Darcy Tucker (VicC) (Midfielder/Defender)
12. Kieran Collins (VicC) (Key Defender)
13. Jade Gresham (VicM) (Midfielder)
14. Greg Clark (WA) (Midfielder)
15. Ryan Burton (SA) (Key Forward)
16. Jack Silvagni (VicM) (Forward)
17. Tom Cole (VicM) (Defender)
18. Keiran Agius (SA) (Forward)
19. Ben Crocker (VicM) (Midfielder/Forward)
20. Jordan Snadden (WA) (Midfielder)

Big Mac

Nice pk

Who can you see the Saints targeting?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Big  Mac on June 24, 2015, 10:59:54 PM
Nice pk

Who can you see the Saints targeting?

1 of 3 players at this time, depending on what we are looking for firstly. My top pick is Darcy Parish followed by Luke Partington, as they're probably the pacey outside midfielders we desperately need, but on the other hand we are short on gifted key defenders and Aaron Francis could be that player.

For your guys, if you finish with either 4th or 5th pick. I'm betting you guys will either go for Darcy Parish (Probably be best available) or even possibly go for Darcy Tucker, gives you a little bit of run and carry out of the backline.

Vinny

Who do you think for Carlton PK?

Also, Kieran Collins, Haileybury boy. 8)