Main Menu

Long Term Members Locked Out Of Accounts

Started by Grazz, July 09, 2014, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

Quote from: Ringo on September 03, 2014, 08:40:31 AM
Would be interesting to get a figure.  Do not have the technical capabilities of running it but am sure there may be someone.

Now would be the time to sell while still near peak but another season like we have had will see members starting to leave, Is an excellent site but needs real maintenance atm.

Opening your purse strings are we? Don't forget your school canteen money too!

ossie85

Forum would be worth next to nothing by it self. It's the live scores with ads that are the money makers imo

Nails

He replied to my reply saying would need to sell whole site.

I reckon get a figure, run a FF fundraiser, then i use everyone's funds to buy FF :)

RaisyDaisy

As Os said the forum is worth nothing, but as for the site

If I could see data on how it performs etc, and was given a price

It's something I would look into if it all added up, although I cant see it being a real money maker, and he would probably want overs for it too

Grazz

Quote from: Ringo on September 03, 2014, 08:40:31 AM
Would be interesting to get a figure.  Do not have the technical capabilities of running it but am sure there may be someone.

Now would be the time to sell while still near peak but another season like we have had will see members starting to leave, Is an excellent site but needs real maintenance atm.

+1 I agree we dont need another year similar to this one. I kind of get it now if the forum isnt worth that much then possibly we are not worth that much to either. It's frustrating when you think of the hours invested in organising leagues, all the worlds comps, the hundreds of hours that have been put into elxam over the journey, all the advice handed out on the boards and the work put in there each pre-season by devoted members  yet when we need something in return we are basically ignored. Maybe m0nty doesnt see it my way but he's prospered off the back of a lot of work put in here by members like ossie, Ringo and all those who work on worlds euros etc, those that every pre-season fill the boards with tons of info and player profiles, promoting the site- defending it, increasing membership. The more i think about it the more i think why the hell do we bother. Anyone of us that puts hours and hours into this place could be in Football Factories,Torps etc position at anytime, it's disappointing to feel that we also would be neglected just the same. We dont ask for rewards or thankyou's just a bit of help every now and then to sort issues and all to often it falls on deaf ears.

SydneyRox

Throw in getting the podcast back up and running. That was the bit that originally got me onto FF.

Grazz, Holz, Ando and others who have actually achieved high numbers.

Better than Warnie or the boys have ever done, delivered with some personality - winner!

Grazz

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 04, 2014, 01:31:28 AM
Throw in getting the podcast back up and running. That was the bit that originally got me onto FF.

Better than Warnie or the boys have ever done, delivered with some personality - winner!

That would be cool.  ;D

Boomz

It is pretty sad to see the forum abandoned but it did always seem to be the least "cared" for section of the site. The lives scores etc are the money maker... Would be interesting to know what it values at  :-X

Sweetness

Quote from: Grazz on September 04, 2014, 01:01:37 PM

That would be cool.  ;D

Must say, it was you Grazz that got me to finally sign up here.

I have really only been an active member of the forum this year, but it is easy to tell who the "major players" are. The ones that actually care about this place.
Surely it couldn't be that hard to give them some level of responsibility.

Grazz

Quote from: Sweetness on September 08, 2014, 11:22:43 AM
Quote from: Grazz on September 04, 2014, 01:01:37 PM

That would be cool.  ;D

Must say, it was you Grazz that got me to finally sign up here.

I have really only been an active member of the forum this year, but it is easy to tell who the "major players" are. The ones that actually care about this place.
Surely it couldn't be that hard to give them some level of responsibility.

Wow thats very kind of you to say mate, im really happy that you became more active off the back of something i may of said or done, it's a good feeling, thankyou.
Yeh i do care about the site as do many others here. The list would be large of those that genuinely care. This creates a great environment generally for us all. The people in it are by far the most important detail for with out the likes of you and others what would we really have, just another site. The people in it are what makes it and are a over ridding priority for me. When members are having issues they are owed assistance to sort them, they have devoted their time to the site so in reality someone should devote a bit of their time to help them.
I dont understand and never will why this assistance is so long in coming when its been repeatedly asked for over and over again.
I dont understand why the powers to be do not value the members more than they do considering the members value them.
I dont understand how those that can do something are so reluctant to do it as it sends a message loud and clear that the members are of little significance, what else could such a snub relate to the members other than that.
It should be a two way street but its far from that it seems. Im not telling anyone to do anything im just asking for a little bit of help thats all, just a little bit of help to do the right thing. Its gone on to long and has already caused damage to the moral of the site but some cant see the forest for the trees.

Grazz

Have sent various tweets and PM's and believe i am walking on very thin ice as i write. The ban hammer has my name written all over it im thinking.

ossie85

Quote from: Grazz on September 08, 2014, 12:46:27 PM
Have sent various tweets and PM's and believe i am walking on very thin ice as i write. The ban hammer has my name written all over it im thinking.

well prepare for a riot if that happens

Grazz

Quote from: ossie85 on September 08, 2014, 12:53:04 PM
Quote from: Grazz on September 08, 2014, 12:46:27 PM

well prepare for a riot if that happens

Thanks mate im touched and comforted by that.

nas

Grazz