Port Adelaide 2015 / 2016 Discussion

Started by GM, September 20, 2014, 10:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

After going down by 3 points in a fantastic Preliminary Final , we have definitely consolidated ourselves as a top contender for years to come.
How do you rate our year and what do we need to take the next step?

kilbluff1985

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 20, 2014, 10:07:52 PM
only concern is Schulz is old
He'll be 30 next season, still has a few years left in him imo.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nrich102 on September 20, 2014, 10:09:15 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 20, 2014, 10:07:52 PM
only concern is Schulz is old
He'll be 20 next season, still has a few years left in him imo.

lol what? he was born in 85

nrich102

GM

To get Ryder would be a huge coup for us.
Playing forward and giving Lobster a rest will fix two areas that require a boost.
But as most clubs , don't want to lose too much in a trade.
Our backline and midfield will only get better.

nrich102

Sorry mate, Ryders coming to the Lions  ;)

GM

Quote from: nrich102 on September 20, 2014, 10:12:57 PM
Sorry mate, Ryders coming to the Lions  ;)
Yeah , initial thoughts are its out of Port or Brisbane 

Mr.Craig

Clearly Port has one of the best 22's going around and that's not going to change much in the next 6 months. My only real concern is with the rest of their list which in my opinion doesn't have anywhere near the depth and quality of teams like Sydney/Hawthorn. Sure Mitchell, Impey, Sam Gray and a couple of others did some good things at times but I'm not sure how they'd hold up in big games if they're required.

Hopefully Port can be active in the trade/draft period again and pull off some deals.

nrich102

I think Port will be top 4 next year, and will get at least to the Prelim, and probably into the granny.

GM

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 10:24:08 PM
Clearly Port has one of the best 22's going around and that's not going to change much in the next 6 months. My only real concern is with the rest of their list which in my opinion doesn't have anywhere near the depth and quality of teams like Sydney/Hawthorn. Sure Mitchell, Impey, Sam Gray and a couple of others did some good things at times but I'm not sure how they'd hold up in big games if they're required.

Hopefully Port can be active in the trade/draft period again and pull off some deals.
I think our depth is ok.
Impey will only get better .Just remember it's only his first year.
Aaron Young is another who will be good.
But , yeah we have to get another diamond in the draft

Nige

Port were super impressive I'll admit. Didn't think they would back up last season with a season as good as this one.

I'm still impressed at how far they've come in a few short years.

I think it was only 2011 where they only won three games? Ridiculous stuff.

GM

Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2014, 10:30:24 PM
Port were super impressive I'll admit. Didn't think they would back up last season with a season as good as this one.

I'm still impressed at how far they've come in a few short years.

I think it was only 2011 where they only won three games? Ridiculous stuff.
Yes mate , just goes to show how quick it can happen if you get lots right on and off the field

kilbluff1985

i think it's depth in  the talls that's a worry like if Schulz went down but guess most clubs are in the same boat

Mr.Craig

First things first - delist Hitchcock!