Main Menu

Round 1 - 2016

Started by nas, October 25, 2015, 07:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

I personally prefer to see Ebert on the wing. He's an elite winger, however in the centre he just makes too many errors.

I think Toumpas has done enough this pre-season to get a spot on the interchange for round 1, probably will have to wait until round 3 though (I was really impressed with what I saw from him in the 2 NAB games - I think he will be a trading steal in retrospect) - tough to fit him onto the field though, shows promise on the wing and half-back flank and we already have better (i.e. most prominent) players filling those roles.

Fantastic side on paper, hopefully they can deliver their potential this season and take full advantage of the favourable early fixture  :)

nas

From the AFL Website.

B: Jack Hombsch, Alipate Carlile, Jarman Impey
HB: Matthew Broadbent, Jackson Trengove, Jasper Pittard
C: Hamish Hartlett, Travis Boak, Sam Gray
HF: Justin Westhoff, Charlie Dixon, Robbie Gray
F: Jake Neade, Jay Schulz, Chad Wingard
Foll: Matthew Lobbe, Brad Ebert, Ollie Wines
INT: Matt White, Tom Jonas, Brendon Ah Chee, Jared Polec

The jury is still out as to whether Jimmy Toumpas can make it at AFL level, and as a result he will have to prove he deserves to be included in Port's first-choice 22. However the former No.4 draft pick displayed some encouraging signs during the NAB Challenge and Power coach Ken Hinkley will be keen to give the ex-Demon opportunities. Jake Neade has had a strong pre-season and appears to be in the right age demographic to take the next step with his football as a nippy small forward. Losing Patrick Ryder will hurt, and Charlie Dixon or even Jackson Trengove will be called on to relieve Matthew Lobbe in the ruck. - Ben Guthrie

PowerBug

So one different to what I had above because I forgot Jake Neade :-[ I think that seems about right as a best 22 at this stage.