Ok, whats the general opinion

Started by Dudge, April 06, 2015, 08:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Finally, I for one am relieved. Great game, North were fantastic (and the only team we have failed to beat over the last 2 seasons I might add). Hopefully Wines & Ziebell are alright, both teams were fantastic - I'd say the best game of the season to date  :) Have to say both teams are contenders, but Port & North are still a young side (& were both over-hyped during the off-season). Impartially, I'd still give the Swans, Freo, & the Hawks the benefit of the doubt come finals, but I would love to see Port & the Roos prosper as underdogs again. Hoping the Bullies are similar to Port in 2013 as well - I can really see them just making the 8 this season (GWS is another to consider)   

Jukes

Quote from: powersuperkents on April 18, 2015, 11:08:01 PM
Finally, I for one am relieved. Great game, North were fantastic (and the only team we have failed to beat over the last 2 seasons I might add). Hopefully Wines & Ziebell are alright, both teams were fantastic - I'd say the best game of the season to date :) Have to say both teams are contenders, but Port & North are still a young side (& were both over-hyped during the off-season). Impartially, I'd still give the Swans, Freo, & the Hawks the benefit of the doubt come finals, but I would love to see Port & the Roos prosper as underdogs again. Hoping the Bullies are similar to Port in 2013 as well - I can really see them just making the 8 this season (GWS is another to consider)

umm, *ahem* :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTyN0-nF59Y

powersuperkents

Quote from: Bane on April 18, 2015, 11:48:23 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on April 18, 2015, 11:08:01 PM
Finally, I for one am relieved. Great game, North were fantastic (and the only team we have failed to beat over the last 2 seasons I might add). Hopefully Wines & Ziebell are alright, both teams were fantastic - I'd say the best game of the season to date :) Have to say both teams are contenders, but Port & North are still a young side (& were both over-hyped during the off-season). Impartially, I'd still give the Swans, Freo, & the Hawks the benefit of the doubt come finals, but I would love to see Port & the Roos prosper as underdogs again. Hoping the Bullies are similar to Port in 2013 as well - I can really see them just making the 8 this season (GWS is another to consider)

umm, *ahem* :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTyN0-nF59Y
Yeah my nominations would be:

Round 1 - Freo v Port
Round 2 - Ess v Hawks
Round 3 - Nth v Port (thus far)

powersuperkents

This 3rd quarter has been the most bias flowering reffing I've ever seen in AFL. Nothing against the Crows, but that umpire is flowering incompetent and doesn't even have the decency to recall his shower flowering bounces.

I hope he is fired, which he honestly should be notified of by the time the game finishes...

tbagrocks

You make your own luck and I've seen far, far worse this season! Suck it up!

Also, the crows won :o

powersuperkents

Sorry everyone, just needed to vent. Some of the players were just really frustrating today  :-\

A good win by the Crows, well deserved. I can't see any team beating you in the clearances with the Jacobs, Thompson, Dangerfield combo in place and it will only get stronger once Sloane returns.

Good youngsters in Riley Knight, Jake Lever, & Matt Crouch. Wasn't lucky enough to see Atkins 

Atto

I completely understand mate.

Port were shower.
Umps were shower (for both teams).
Food was shower.
Hell, even the timekeeper was shower!

But kudos for the Crows who at least turned up unlike us until the last quarter.

PowerBug

I overheard a woman that sat near me yesterday as she was leaving. She said something along the lines of "They got what the wanted (The AFL) by letting the Crows win. They told the umps to do everything in their power to make sure it happened." I wanted to whack her one because she already had a go at me earlier in the season when I was talking to a mate about Brodie Smith's concussion at a Port game, told me to "Not talk about the Crows here."

As for the game itself, yeah there were a couple (not many more) that I was unhappy with. But it happens every week of the season and I certainly don't think the umpires cost us the victory. Crows were too good for the whole game, to get within three points was good by us. Also the Crows' goal kicking was weird, never seen them slot so many set shots in one game before :P That's what cost us if anything, the Crows didn't kick like the Crows usually do in front of goal hahaha ;D

Oh, and you had to win this one, because you won't win anymore once Dangerfield leaves :D :o :'( :P

Jay

Quote from: powersuperkents on July 19, 2015, 05:53:11 PM
This 3rd quarter has been the most bias flowering reffing I've ever seen in AFL. Nothing against the Crows, but that umpire is flowering incompetent and doesn't even have the decency to recall his shower flowering bounces.

I hope he is fired, which he honestly should be notified of by the time the game finishes...
Goes both ways mate, yes we got some calls in the 3rd, but so did you in the 4th... :-X

powersuperkents

Quote from: Jayman on July 20, 2015, 03:33:24 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on July 19, 2015, 05:53:11 PM

Goes both ways mate, yes we got some calls in the 3rd, but so did you in the 4th... :-X
Yeah, literally only the 3rd quarter favoured the Crows. 'Bias' wasn't the right word to define the umpires - because there were ridiculous calls against the Crows as well. 'Incompetent' is more fitting  :P

powersuperkents

Quote from: PowerBug on July 20, 2015, 02:31:22 PM
I overheard a woman that sat near me yesterday as she was leaving. She said something along the lines of "They got what the wanted (The AFL) by letting the Crows win. They told the umps to do everything in their power to make sure it happened." I wanted to whack her one because she already had a go at me earlier in the season when I was talking to a mate about Brodie Smith's concussion at a Port game, told me to "Not talk about the Crows here."

As for the game itself, yeah there were a couple (not many more) that I was unhappy with. But it happens every week of the season and I certainly don't think the umpires cost us the victory. Crows were too good for the whole game, to get within three points was good by us. Also the Crows' goal kicking was weird, never seen them slot so many set shots in one game before :P That's what cost us if anything, the Crows didn't kick like the Crows usually do in front of goal hahaha ;D

Oh, and you had to win this one, because you won't win anymore once Dangerfield leaves :D :o :'( :P
The Crows clearance work was also a major factor. Wines seemed to be alone (Wingard was probably our second best in the clearance - Gray still better than Wines when in the midfield as well) facing a premier ruck and mid (Dangerfield), and than adding an experienced, and decorated, contested winner like Thompson and we were just overrun.

I'd say the clearances were the biggest factor because it wasn't until the final quarter that we started setting up shots from the centre square. Beside his first kick, Ryder was fantastic and Lobbe found some form (although the latter was easily beaten by Jacobs). The bad still heavily outweighs the good for Port though  :-\

PowerBug

Quote from: powersuperkents on July 20, 2015, 05:18:52 PM
I'd say the clearances were the biggest factor because it wasn't until the final quarter that we started setting up shots from the centre square. Beside his first kick, Ryder was fantastic and Lobbe found some form (although the latter was easily beaten by Jacobs). The bad still heavily outweighs the good for Port though  :-\
Ryder was actually really good and was winning the ruck in that last quarter. Once those hitouts go to advantage we will start being dangerous again. Unfortunately we have to wait until next year, now we just have to wait and hope we show something in the remaining 7 games.

TomK

Also the Crows' goal kicking was weird, never seen them slot so many set shots in one game before :P That's what cost us if anything, the Crows didn't kick like the Crows usually do in front of goal hahaha ;D

I was pretty amazed as well mate ahahah

What are you talking about? He's already signed with us and we're just waiting to announce it ;)

Jay

I actually thought Boak was robbed of the medal. Clearly best on ground in my eyes.

His last quarter was absolutely phenomenal.

PowerBug

Quote from: TomK on July 20, 2015, 05:34:14 PM
Also the Crows' goal kicking was weird, never seen them slot so many set shots in one game before :P That's what cost us if anything, the Crows didn't kick like the Crows usually do in front of goal hahaha ;D

I was pretty amazed as well mate ahahah

What are you talking about? He's already signed with us and we're just waiting to announce it ;)
Signed with Geelong maybe ;)

Quote from: Jayman on July 20, 2015, 05:40:12 PM
I actually thought Boak was robbed of the medal. Clearly best on ground in my eyes.

His last quarter was absolutely phenomenal.
I was thinking Sam Jacobs but the last quarter probably cost him of it. Thompson was a good winner, 63% disposal efficiency which is probably a career high for the clanger machine ;D