WXV Vacant Coaching Positions

Started by ossie85, September 29, 2014, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Yeah, assumed you knew the deal Memphis, but thought I'd give a general reminder :)

kilbluff1985

so how many applications we got so far?

meow meow

Quote from: ossie85 on October 01, 2014, 12:49:26 PM
Just a reminder, you aren't applying for either the Pumas or the Warriors. You are applying for one of two positions, and the winning 2 coaches will draft players from the former squads of Sao Paulo and Wellington.

Exactly! Don't let these coaches win you over with their pointless wall of text! I could have rambled on about what I would do with the teams but it doesn't matter one iota since they're no longer in business.

I had written the most profound thing you'll ever read, then HP sabotaged my application. I have to deal with so much tyranny and oppression. It'd make the story of how Toby and I had to overcome such difficulties on the way to 5 successive premierships so much more inspiring. Do you want to rob people of being inspired, really?! Vote 1 meow meow and give hope, and make a difference to the lives of many.

T Dog

Quote from: meow meow on October 01, 2014, 01:12:18 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 01, 2014, 12:49:26 PM
Just a reminder, you aren't applying for either the Pumas or the Warriors. You are applying for one of two positions, and the winning 2 coaches will draft players from the former squads of Sao Paulo and Wellington.

Exactly! Don't let these coaches win you over with their pointless wall of text! I could have rambled on about what I would do with the teams but it doesn't matter one iota since they're no longer in business.

I had written the most profound thing you'll ever read, then HP sabotaged my application. I have to deal with so much tyranny and oppression. It'd make the story of how Toby and I had to overcome such difficulties on the way to 5 successive premierships so much more inspiring. Do you want to rob people of being inspired, really?! Vote 1 meow meow and give hope, and make a difference to the lives of many.

Aaaahh...thats nice  ;D

Vinny

Told you guys. What a speech! #Meow4PM

Nige

Quote from: Memphistopheles on October 01, 2014, 12:19:28 PM
Any team with Gary Ablett Junior in their side is a genuine Premiership contender
If I may ask a question to this particular candidate... To my knowledge, the AXVs team you took over - the Taiwan Dolphins, also had GAJ yet he was traded out and they were turned into opposite of a premiership contender. Why did this happen and if you were to take over Rio or Christchurch and draft GAJ, would that team still be a premiership contender or would you take it the route of both your AXVs and BXVs teams?

Application was very good though, just like all the others thus far. Gonna be tough to choose, Memph's answer to my question could be defining!  ;)

Nige

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Nige on October 01, 2014, 01:45:14 PM
Any team with Gary Ablett Junior in their side is a genuine Premiership contender
If I may ask a question to this particular candidate... To my knowledge, the AXVs team you took over - the Taiwan Dolphins, also had GAJ yet he was traded out and they were turned into opposite of a premiership contender. Why did this happen and if you were to take over Rio or Christchurch and draft GAJ, would that team still be a premiership contender or would you take it the route of both your AXVs and BXVs teams?

Application was very good though, just like all the others thus far. Gonna be tough to choose, Memph's answer to my question could be defining!  ;)

Happy to take questions mate - thanks for asking it and if anyone else has any questions then feel free to ask them.

The reason I traded out Ablett in Asians was because after assessing the list once I took over I felt that in order for the team to become competitive long term the list needed a complete revamp.

In the end I was able to get Stephen Coniglio and Tom Boyd for Ablett (via a couple of trades) - one a future premium mid and club captain, the other a future gun forward in a competition which hands out 12 points for goals.

The reason I believe the list needed an overhaul is evident in my delistings last season. I chopped the following players due to them retiring or being delisted by their clubs or being 'spuds'.

Jared Brennan
Jason Blake
Brett Ebert
Joel Corey
Cameron Richardson
Nick Lower
Kyal Horsley
Alex Howson
Jack Osborn
Orren Stephensen
Leigh Osbourne
Alwyn Davey
Kyle Hardingham
Jason Porplyzia

This is 14 players - on the list due to poor drafting/trading from the previous owner of the club. None of them have excelled at another club since leave the Dolphins, justifying my decision. There will be another cull of players this off-season before I settle in to long term plans to build the club slowly up to get back to the finals.

The other team I coach in British XV competition (Staines Steins) was in a similar situation except without Ablett as an option to trade and get good players. The team finished dead last and was looking at a bleak future until grinpowderdiah and myself stepped in and revamped it in the off season.

With regards to whether I would trade Ablett in this team if I got him - I stated in my application above my goal with this team is to try and turn them in to Premiership contenders as quickly as possible.

I'd like to specifically do this as a different challenge to how I've approached the AXV and BXV teams as I believe there are the quality players in these two side to draft a team capable of challenging.

Memphistopheles said he would be in favour of the draft format to select his squad but said this wouldn't stop the side he choose from becoming a force in the World XVs competition in the near future.

"My goal if I get this team is to turn it in to a Top 4/Premiership contender as quickly as possible," he said.

"I will trade aggressively in the off-season with the goal of securing a Top 4 spot next year and a preliminary final berth. Anything less than this will be considered a disappointment."

This means that Ablett, if I am able to draft him, will be staying to captain the side as he is the best player in the Worlds XVs competition (those Stynes Medals don't lie).

In the draft I will be taking the best available players at each pick (keeping positions in mind of course) and not looking too much at youth. I won't ignore the good youngsters or picks though because they could have good trade value to help me improve the side.

In order to be a contender I'd want to build a really good core of about 20 players (including a good back-up ruck, a solid def/fwd emergency and two good mid emergencies) and then have some depth players/kids to make up the rest of the list.

I'll be looking at players with potential for improvement who could become best XV or backup players more so than first/second year kids.

Master Q

This is turning into a FTP election haha  :P

Nige

Thank for the response mate. Noticed not too many applicants have really mentioned anything about the draft aspect and have instead applied for actual coaching roles of the teams. Your post gives some good insight on how you intend to draft should you be picked which is good to see.

Good luck.  ;)

My Chumps

Wooo, go Memph.

Can vouch for him; he's been an amazing assistant and would make a terrific head coach.

Ringo

Do not forget there is also a vacancy in British as well.

A vacancy has opened up in British xv's refer this topic.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,99138.0.html

BB67th

Hellopplz

I'll hold down whoever I want >:D.

But you know why it had to be removed mewtwo ;).

nrich102

I would like to nominate myself to coach either the Rio de Janeiro Jaguars or the Christchurch Saints.

I have been associated with the XV's competitions for the last couple of years, starting at the Breakers (bxv) as an assistant, and have since joined Ringo as Co-Coach. I have been an assistant at the Folders in Asians or the last couple of years, and also the Dildos in this competition. A couple of months ago, I was made coach of the mighty Serbian Eagles (exv), and was made the inaugural coach of the Brisbane Flames in the Ten 10 Competitions. I was also involved in TX and V League while they lasted.

I wont talk too much about my draft strategy, as I don't want to give away a winning strategy, but I will say that it will involve drafting the best of all positions, for example, I see forwards as very valuable in this competition, due to the lack of premium forwards.