Rd 20 - Brisbane vs North Melbourne - Sat 04/08 2:10pm GABBA

Started by Trindacut, August 04, 2018, 01:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trindacut

The Kangaroos face another tricky assignment to keep their finals hopes alive, this week taking on the dangerous Lions. When the teams met at the same venue in round 23 last year, it was to see who would finish last, but this time around there's much more on the line. North Melbourne continued to walk the finals tightrope with a crucial win over West Coast last Sunday, led superbly by the brilliant midfield of Ben Cunnington, Paul Ahern and Shaun Higgins, the latter of whom will miss this clash after knee surgery. The Lions slipped on their recent hot streak last weekend, losing to Geelong by seven goals, but the scoreline flattered the hosts. Brisbane has shown flair with the ball and been a tough opponent all season, particularly at the Gabba. Although the Kangaroos have had the upper hand in this contest of late, winning comfortably earlier this season, this should be a close encounter.

nrich102

SilverLion

Why the flower would you not kick a drop punt from there.

Trindacut

I can't stand those snaps. Tiges do it way to often and I cringe every time.

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on August 04, 2018, 05:41:40 PM
Why the flower would you not kick a drop punt from there.
Personally I blame a couple of senior players who should have have gone over to him and told him to use the full 30 seconds and then do the drop punt. Especially considering how accurate he usually is with it.

Umpires and Roos beat the Lions. numerous frees that should have been paid to Lions in last 5 minutes not given.  Do not forget the ridiculous for Nick Robbo htb when he should have had a free for over the shoulder and then 50 metres paid.