Lions Man

Started by Lions Man, January 01, 2016, 10:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions Man

TEAM NAME: the GOAT
DEF: B. Smith, N. Malceski, C. Hampton, E. Mackenzie, R. Bonner, M. Brown (T. Cole, D. Tucker)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, R. Sloane, J. Selwood, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, H. Balic (M. Hibberd, B. Keays, L. Partington)
RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (M. King)
FWD: D. Martin, L. Dahlhaus/H. Bennell/D. Zorko, M. Barlow, S. Kerridge, C. Petracca (J. Silvagni, S. Yarran)
CASH LEFT: 100k
Hey I am new to supercoach and just thought I would put a team here as my mates are keen on me joining a serious comp next season.

I'm assuming that going cheap in the backline is the way to go as they wouldn't score as much as the other lines?

What two would you select out of Bennell, Dahl and my man Zorko?

GoLions

Probably one mid too many. Drop one to a rookie and get a Bartel or a Simpson or something.

Would go Bennell and Zorko probably, but can't really go wrong with either of those forwards imo

fanTCfool

Yep, don't mind going light down back, but that is a little too shallow for mine. Defenders are the lowest scorers, but if you can find yourself a good intercept marker you'll be fine. Of those defenders, Hampton would probably be the one I'd look to replace, bit of a suspect mid-pricer.

Agree with GL, Bennell and Zorko would be my two selections of your three proposed players.

Ringo

Welcome to the ups and downs of fantasy football.

Agree with comments here probably a little too weak in defence.  There is a risk in having the players named playing each week.

I would look at dropping one mid (and if it was me Selwood due to the fact that he has a really solid back half of the season after a mid season drop off) and bringing in another defender eg McVBeigh, Bartel, Simpson, KK.
Malceski is watch and see. Also and I am biased here as a Lions supporter as well Harwood is woth it if named.  Know he is fighting with cutler for this spot but he has shown before he can score well.,

One piece of advice I will give you as a new comer is digest all the information given as you will get a variety of opinions here and the go with your gut,

Enjoy and good luck.

crowls

Welcome to the drug of Fanfooty forums and SC.

Good first up teams.    As stated above backline would benefit from some beefing up.  Though you are right, it is a good spot to save cash and keep away from over 500K players.     For me trade out Malceski and find space for KK, Yeo or Hibberd.   
Your mids are strong and this is the line where best cash cows normally are.  So consider trading down one mid to a cashcow rookie.
On the fwds I am a big supporter of Bennell this year as top 3 fwd.  Not convinced in Zorko consistency and unsure if Dahl can repeat last year.

All the best