Bright future of Australian Tennis ... Finnaly

Started by tbagrocks, January 14, 2014, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Also Jordan Thompson. Looked very impressive against Gasquet in one of the warm up tournaments, and sadly went down in 5 sets in the first round after winning the first 2 sets.

Nige

Quote from: Honey Badger on January 14, 2014, 10:18:55 PM
Also Jordan Thompson. Looked very impressive against Gasquet in one of the warm up tournaments, and sadly went down in 5 sets in the first round after winning the first 2 sets.
He played very well, I reckon he's got an extremely bright future.

Cicjose

only Thompson is any good of any of the male australians

Barty is okay... needs a lot of work tho

tbagrocks

Toga

Big call Cic, and I don't think you're right. I think Thompson does have a big future ahead of him as he fills out more but some of the other young fellas look like they could well make it at the senior level as well.

Jukes

cic is right, as usual

Quote from: nrich102 on January 14, 2014, 09:52:38 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 14, 2014, 09:06:49 PM
@ the last two
Bright future of "Australian" tennis
;)

Barty is a gem though, hopefully can develop several key aspects of her game in the next few years (i.e. her looks)
How are they not Australian??  Please explain.

Kokkanakkis
Kyrgios
True blue greek aussies for sure

Toga

Get out Jukes, what do you call your "English" cricket team then buddy?

tbagrocks

Noz

elephants

If we ignore the blatant jealousy and cockheadedness of Jukes and the consistent stupidity of Cic (same person?) we have some seriously talented tennis players coming through.

Loving what Barty has bought to the table in terms of doubles and singles. Looks an amazing player already with plenty of potential. Brilliant attitude imo.

And the K's haha. Do we need to pick a favourite? I really like Kokkinakis but I did miss the Kyrgios game so will have to watch his next round match. When these lads get games under their belt and get used to the ATP tennis circuit... LOOK OUT!

Always good to see the old timer Hewitt really having a crack too. Shame he couldn't get there in the end but he can now focus on playing doubles with Rafter :P I think Hewitt could be an outstanding doubles player as he gets on a bit and I love seeing him do well. Great role model for the K's!

And btw, 4-all on the poll. Need we say more? When was the last time the same country had the #1 and #2 man along with the #1 lady? 8)

tbagrocks

The best part is, we see them both again after such courageous fighting and talent loaded victories

Huge match for Kokky sure, but we can see them both again and with the serves they have to match the class, we keep dreaming

Ash well, I actually want her to partner Rafter in Mix Doubles :o  maybe now even Hewitt! Hopefully at least she re-joins Casey! For sure she will win her share of matches this year! Hopefully for us it's in a major or three!

Jukes

Edit: nm this'd almost get me banned

nrich102

Jukes, get off this forum. About 50 people at my church have migrated here from south asia, after being kept in a refugee camp for 25 years. Why should they be called 'un australian'? flower you jukes.

Mailman the 2nd

Why are you guys even bothering with the race baiting.

Australia has no "Australians" in the same way that the USA, Thailand, Vietnam or heaps of other countries do....