The Downfall of FanFooty

Started by Doogie, March 16, 2010, 08:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prospector_1

Quote from: m0nty on March 16, 2010, 12:22:55 PM
Some people say I blog too little, now people are saying I blog too much. I can't win.  :-\

You are winning! Go for it m0nty!

Doogie

Totally agree Prospector_1. The information is there for people to use so why not use it instead of being lazy and asking for someone to pick their team for them.

Blog away Monty, keep up the good work.
I feel i can sleep tonight now..  :P

valkorum

Quote from: Master Q on March 16, 2010, 09:36:00 AM
By the way blueboys why do you call me Q ball?

Yeh, why??  I always think its aimed at me cos that's my real life nickname

Keep on blogging Monty, I always enjoy reading your articles.

gerco

Like Monty I think 'downfall' is a bit strong, but it does puzzle me why people ask the real flip a coin questions like 'ziebell or dangerfield' or 'swan or ablett'.

I'm all for posting your team and seeing what people reply to it and people posting things like 'Polak and Roberts promoted to Richmond's senior list', but the constant questions about random players such as 'are they going to play?" or 'do you think they will go well?' are just a waste of time. Seriously, just have fun and if you pick the wrong player, you pick the wrong player!

Blueboys

Quote from: valkorum on March 16, 2010, 01:06:01 PM
Quote from: Master Q on March 16, 2010, 09:36:00 AM
By the way blueboys why do you call me Q ball?

Yeh, why??  I always think its aimed at me cos that's my real life nickname

Keep on blogging Monty, I always enjoy reading your articles.

No it's not aimed at you, I am just having some fun with Q  ;D

valkorum

I realise its not aimed at me, but I see it and think it is because thats the name everyone calls me (only my mum uses my real name)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: gerco on March 16, 2010, 01:25:29 PM
Seriously, just have fun and if you pick the wrong player, you pick the wrong player!
Thats exactly what i do ;D. my team is way different to most on here as i haven't got any of the popular cheap backs or forwards in (unless you count schoey as one).

I make mistakes here and there but my gut instinct was great for me last year.

Guys you kinda screwed up this thread into the best team i've ever seen on here ;D

Cicjose

Quote from: Doogie on March 16, 2010, 08:07:31 AM
I've been using this great site now for a few years to research players im interested in putting in my dreamteam, but reading blog after blog its starting to give me the showers.
People starting topics on which players they should have or shouldnt is the main reason for this. The fun of dreamteam (imo) is to build a team of players which you think will do well, make money, improve and beat everyone else. Its good to see peoples opinions on players, but dont build your team based on what everyone says. It seems too many people are..
You shouldnt be asking who you should have in your team if you have no idea, thats why there is a list of players on this site with their previous stats.
Theres nothing wrong with asking for someones opinion but dont get them to pick it for you.
It looks like most people that use this site are going to have the exact same team bar 2 or 3 players...

just because the reason for this site is to give out information to help dreamteam and supercoach players pick their teams doesn't mean you have to flower it up for everyone by saying that the purpose of this site is contributing to their downfall. If you don't like the way the site is now then go somewhere else

Pauls virtual Team

Yeah I agree a bit with the whole team posting - asking things.... Its probably why Dr Dream Team releases such a crappo team in the dream team guide magazine...lol

sledgey7

Exactly hellopplz and gerco!
The most satisfying thing you can do in DT/SC is pick a player at the start of the season that not many others have and see him go on to greatness!
in saying that tho. you can't pass up some of the obvious choices if you want to succeed so a balance is required.
Go for those roughies that nobody is talking about but make your base a strong one.
As for the 'Fall of FF'. remember that all levels of coaches use this site as a reference and for that reason all levels of posts be them obvious or inconsequential are required to serve everybody.
you can pretty much tell from the topics title if it's something you'll be interested in and if not then don't read it. how much time can they really waste anyway.
And as i've said before. who cares if buddy misses rnd 1? BEAT YOUR MATES! SCREW THE CAR!!

Doogie

It should of been the 'downside' of fanfooty not 'downfall'..
But hey, it was just a thought. At the end of the day people can do what they want.  :P

Good Luck to all!