Shiel the real deal??

Started by AFLWizard, April 12, 2015, 04:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BomberSam

Quote from: Bully on April 13, 2015, 10:18:17 PM
Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on April 13, 2015, 09:54:59 PM
Great start by Shiel, 143 avg and highest scoring player after first 2 rounds.

At $509k is he worthy? Need him to be a keeper.

I think he's the perfect breakout candidate, he's starting to kick goals now so should add another 10-15 points to his average. He's also out of contract so will be keen to maximise his worth. Rumour has it that he will be headed to Tigerland at the end of the year, looks like we will need to give up a first rounder and player (probably Conca).

I actually heard that reliable sources are saying he will be a Hawk next year  :-\

Bully

Quote from: BomberSam on April 13, 2015, 11:32:09 PM
Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on April 13, 2015, 09:54:59 PM
Great start by Shiel, 143 avg and highest scoring player after first 2 rounds.

At $509k is he worthy? Need him to be a keeper.

I think he's the perfect breakout candidate, he's starting to kick goals now so should add another 10-15 points to his average. He's also out of contract so will be keen to maximise his worth. Rumour has it that he will be headed to Tigerland at the end of the year, looks like we will need to give up a first rounder and player (probably Conca).

I actually heard that reliable sources are saying he will be a Hawk next year  :-\

I wouldn't be surprised if multiple clubs are chasing him, I can confirm that we have been courting him for 2 years and have set aside funds to accommodate a very sizable contract. I wouldn't say we're front runners but we certainly have the cap space and trade bait.   

Mat0369

Both he and Treloar have also been linked to Carlton, doesn't mean it will happen and it is probably likely they both stay Giants.

JBs-Hawks

Not sure how the hawks can afford him, but flower yes please come on over :)

Grufflez

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 13, 2015, 11:47:50 PM

Both he and Treloar have also been linked to Carlton, doesn't mean it will happen and it is probably likely they both stay Giants.

All the money in the world couldn't get young talent like this to Carlton in the coming years mate.

Ricochet

A few teams should be moving heaven and earth to get him. Carlton and West Coast especially

Bully

Quote from: Ricochet on April 14, 2015, 10:49:48 AM
A few teams should be moving heaven and earth to get him. Carlton and West Coast especially

He wants to live in Melbourne and has made that clear so West Cpast are out of the running.

YoungGun

Come to Essendon please. We'll take you

Sabretooth Tigers

:-\

Seriously considering him for Ablett. The extra cash back is very appealing and he is projected to rise 80k over the next fortnight. A few hard games coming up but could be a bargain of the year candidate at seasons end.   Cheers. :)

meow meow

I heard we're giving up our 2nd round pick and Sam Darley for him . Reliable source and all.

Bully

Quote from: meow meow on April 14, 2015, 02:44:58 PM
I heard we're giving up our 2nd round pick and Sam Darley for him . Reliable source and all.

And the rest, first round pick plus player will be the going rate. Richmond will be prepared to let Conca or Vickery go to get this over the line.

Pkbaldy

I heard Saints were trading Nroo for him. #werf

JBs-Hawks

Hawks will offer Shoey + Simpkim :)

Pkbaldy

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 14, 2015, 05:25:44 PM
Hawks will offer Shoey + Simpkim :)

Can't happen. Shoey is glued to the ground. He doesn't want to leave.

Big Mac

Melbourne would offer their first rounder + Howe I reckon

Still need that midfield star - Our game on the weekend showed that