Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

GSP totally made Kock(sh)check his woman.  ;D

j959

Quote from: BratPack on December 12, 2010, 07:43:24 PM
GSP totally made Kock(sh)check his woman.  ;D
UFC 124 from the w/end.
yeah, not quite "pwned" but Koscheck couldn't really touch GSP at all - mounted almost no offence against him apart from 1 or 2 takedowns vs GSPs 3 or so on Koscheck.
GSP's jab was precise, puffed up Koscheck's (think) right eye for the start of Rd2 - Koscheck probably couldn't see out of it the rest of the fight.

the heavyweight fight Struve v McCorkle wasn't bad, Joe "Daddy" Stevenson got knocked out cold by Mac Danzig in a lightweight fight and the welterweight prelim fight Riddle v Pierson was entertaining cos it was a bit bizarre, with the loser Riddle looking like he didn't take much damage but the winner got cut under one of his eyes, but dominated the fight.

j959

Sorry should've posted this yesterday or day before - OneHD are showing UFC 101 (from August 2009) tonight, Thursday 16 Dec 2010.

Main event in that one was BJ Penn v Kenny Florian for the UFC lightweight title.

Justin Bieber

And now I can't watch it. Have foxtel and they aren't showing One HD anymore :'(. Could still watch it but have to go dig up a antenna ::).

McRooster

Just starting here in SA  ;D

Was sweating biscuits I was gonna miss, we had ETSA power truck outside for the last 1hr 40min (and thus no power-have been on USB modem roaming for last hour or so) and has just left on cue  ;)

BJ Penn  - OOOOOh Yeah!

Our tale of the tape.......ding ding!

McRooster

Anderson Silva and Forrest Griffin about to start  :o

McRooster

BJ 'The prodigy' Penn = Winner  8)[/color]

Mat0369

Quote from: McRooster on December 17, 2010, 01:30:13 AM
BJ 'The prodigy' Penn = Winner  8)[/color]
I met him today. They had a autograph session at EB games in the city. Very nice guy.

j959

UFC 125 on Sunday, 2 January 2011 from 2pm AEDT.

Frankie EDGAR (the dude who beat BJ Penn twice!) vs Gray MAYNARD (the only dude to have beaten Edgar previously in the UFC) for the UFC lightweight title.

Might want to get to a sportsbar showing it live.
All you teenagers, get your dad to bring you to the pub - I'd bring my kid if he were old enough.  ;)

Justin Bieber

Only if my Dad went to one :( :'(.

BratPack

On a related note. Geez the Australian card is shower.

j959

Quote from: BratPack on December 28, 2010, 09:56:25 PM
On a related note. Geez the Australian card is shower.
you are a hard man BP, the main card doesn't look that bad at all at the moment ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_127

Welterweight bout:  B.J. Penn vs.  Jon Fitch
Middleweight bout:  Michael Bisping vs.  Jorge Rivera
Lightweight bout:  George Sotiropoulos vs.  Dennis Siver
Welterweight bout:  Carlos Condit vs.  Chris Lytle
Middleweight bout:  Kyle Noke vs.  Chris Camozzi

At least 3 out of these 5 bouts are high chances of being cracker fights - Condit v Lytle could be awesome, Penn v Fitch will at least be interesting and you've got 2 aussies (Sotiropoulos and Noke) on the main card.

RiOtChEsS

Chuck The Iceman Liddell has officially hung up the gloves and taken a role within the UFC management and marketing department... also he is going to be doing a Brendan Gale type players association role for the fighters...

j959

Liddell - that is both sad but good news. He didn't have anything more to prove in the sport, he is one of the main reasons UFC is challenging boxing as the mainstream hand-to-hand combat sport of the day.

Apologies again, should have posted this yesterday!

UFC 102 from 29 August 2009 is being broadcast on OneHD tonight - main fights:

Light Heavyweight bout:  Brandon Vera vs.  Krzysztof Soszynski
Middleweight bout:          Nate Marquardt vs.  Demian Maia
Middleweight bout:          Chris Leben vs.  Jake Rosholt
Light Heavyweight bout:  Keith Jardine vs.  Thiago Silva
Heavyweight bout:          Randy Couture vs.  Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira

Justin Bieber

I might have to see if I can steal an antenna from my parents to watch it ;D. Have a HD TV so just need to set it up..

Dang foxtel taking away One :'(.