rate the annihilators

Started by Buddy, January 20, 2009, 05:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Defense: Bock, Milburn, Waite, McLeod, Drummond, Malceski, Ryder.( Lynch, Moss)

Midfield: Swan, K.Cornes, Murphy, Judd, Cousins, Sidebottom.( Zaharakis, Robinson)

Ruck: Fraser, Kreuzer.( Vickery, Sullivan)

Forwards: Franklin, Brown, Fevola, Lucas, Davey, Tippett, Watts.( Ziebell, Donnelly)

powerade_0

Buddy

Yer mate thanks but could be a more useful message if you tell me why its good or what changes to make

dzeRnumbrd

I like, sort of
Backs: Malceski *and* Drummond? asking for injury trouble maybe
Moss, never heard of him - will he get early games?  do you have inside info? :)
Mids: Good, Rich prob more certain starter than Sidebottom, Judd not known in the past to great DTer, no Haselby?  I can see your point, he does play for Freo.
Rucks: Interesting, I was considering Kreuzer also but not sure, doubt Sulllivan will get games, Vickery remains unclear what they intend ..
Forwards: Tippett may improve his average (I think) so long as you don't mind the occassional terrible score.  Most people are going for rookie small forwards compared to rookie talls like Watts because (in general) they have been known to score well from the outset.

General advice: You need to pick premium players that you also think will improve in 09.  Fev for example, I don't see improving.  If *you* think he will improve then by all means get him.

Some of my comments will become invalid following NAB cup :)

SpeedMeades

also kreuzer wont be no1 ruckman for carlton and don't expect huge numbers just yet, give the big guy another few seasons...

tippett is too young plus there's MUCH better value out there... keep looking. and watts probably won't play unless injured force baileys hand.

zharakis is unlikely to get early games (again pending injuries at essendon)

mcloed drummond malceski - thats just the backline problem of 08 waiting to happen again. also, ryder is not a DTer, good player but just doesn't rack up stats, very defensive.

I'd suggest taking out some money from your midfield, get Cox and go with fewer midrange in the back so you can get some of the more reliable, decent scorers.

SpeedMeades

Quote from: dzeRnumbrd on January 20, 2009, 08:38:11 AM
Judd not known in the past to great DTer

look at Judd's 07 scores before he did his groin... bloody consistent 100's (as in around the 100mark, not 100+) if you ever saw them.

When he's on song, he's a DTer. not the machine that a Bartel, Swan, Ablett or Corey can produce, but good consistent scores which I rate highly. Saying that, I won't be getting him simply because he is not in that West Coast lineup and he's had massive groin problems in the past which he showed he's not 100% recovered from last year. But these are the risks some take and do well because of them.

MiGZ

1 gleaming problem...no daniel rich. everyone needs him, regardless.

SpeedMeades

not necessarily. he often struggled for DT numbers in the TAC cup (see some of fantasy freako's mails)

he might get some games but in no way is he guaranteed of doing a palmer or joel selwood of previous years.

Buddy

Defense: Bock, Milburn, Waite, McLeod, Ibbotson, Malceski, Ryder.( Lynch, Moss)

Midfield: Bartel, Ablett, Black, Cousins, Sidebottom.( Zaharakis, Robinson)

Ruck: Fraser, Ottens.( Vickery, Sullivan)

Forwards: Franklin, Brown, Fevola, Lucas, Davey, Tippett, Watts.( Ziebell, Donnelly)

Hey guys I have fixed up my team a bit thanks for the help can you guys check my team now and tell me if better or worse?

Hawks_1976

You only have 5 starting midfielders listed.
Milburn and McLeod are good players but getting old which I think is risky.
Ryder is a key position type more suited to SC rather than DT IMO.
Watts may not play that many games despite being the number 1 pick.
Still finishing year 12, think back to Luke Ball.
Moss? Wasn't he delisted by the hawks and re drafted as a rookie?
I'm not sure about Cousins. Could be awesome, but I have my doubts and therefore can't pick him.
Every team needs Cox still.
I don't know anything about Donnelly either?

Buddy

Defense: Bock, Milburn, Waite, McLeod, Ibbotson, Malceski, Ryder.( Lynch, Moss)

Midfield: Murphy, Cornes, Judd, Cousins, Goodes, Sidebottom.( Zaharakis, Robinson)

Ruck: Cox, Kreuzer.( Vickery, Sullivan)

Hey guys i have kind of mucked around with my team a bit can you check it out again and see if its good or not?