Rate it or Bate it

Started by NT.Thunder, January 10, 2009, 05:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NT.Thunder

Going along with the Premium back structure, what do you think

B: S. Fisher, Goddard, Birchall, Adcock, Gram, Mundy, Malceski (Suban+Davenport)
M: Bartel, Gibbs, Swallow, Haze, Cogs, Rich (Beams+Foster)
R: Cox + Simmonds (Orreal+Currie)
F: Delidio, Harvey, Lynch, Higgins, McGlynn, Lucas, Yarran,  (Walker+Ballantyne)

Obvously will watch NAB cup for form and the likes but what do people think of the structure.

m0nty

I like it a lot. I reckon, though, four forward rookies in your 22 is too many. Get rid of one of Swan or Kornes and distribute the money into your forwards to upgrade two of those rookies to mid-pricers. After that it would look awesome.

chad

The premium back strategy (which i was pondering from last year thinking it would be reasonably unique until monty posted it :) obviously relies heavily on rookies getting games in other spots.

Back rookies i think are the hardest to find that will score well, so it isn't a bad thing but certainly in the forward line, 7 players can be alot to fill with 3 rookies in the 22. What if Ballantyne doesn't play round 1 (like palmer didn't?).

Is it better to go with 6 premiums in the back and 3 rookies, and use the extra cash to sure up the forward line?

I don't have the answer, but as alot of door knockers have told me, if you are seeking answers, consult the book

just food for thought.

billybaken

I went with 6 premium / 3 rookies for the back line last year and I was very happy with how that went. Obviously you want to try and be sure of 1 of the 3 playing each week if you can, in which case the benefit gained elsewhere on the field is definitely worth it.

One thing I'd say for this particular team is you've got 3 St Kilda backs, I may have a little anti saints bias but in general with fantasy games in any sport it's best to spread the team representation a bit or you will suffer greatly when that team has an off day. This is obviously more for matchups in your league than overall point scoring so I guess it depends what you're shooting for :)

NT.Thunder

Yeah thanks Billy, i understand what your saying regarding having too many players from 1 team, but the way i look at this is that the saints players positions on DT i dont think will reflect the actual positions that they will play.

For example, i'm expecting Gram and 1 of Goddard/Fisher to actually spend more of 2009 in the midfield. Therefore this team would be no different from having a team of Milburn, Mackie, Corey or the likes, it'll just be that DT has them located as backs, which IMO is great for DT. I am actually toying with the idea of adding Gilbert to the backline which will make 4 saints.

I understand what your saying though but i think in DT it's important to exploit the incorrect positional allocations by VS eg Bradshaw, Roughead, Chornes, Brennan etc etc.

If you can take >8Midfielders into your DT then your crazy not to do it IMO.

Food for thought.

Pozzato

Quote from: NT.Thunder on January 10, 2009, 05:24:19 AM
Going along with the Premium back structure, what do you think

B: S. Fisher, Goddard, C.Cornes, Shaw, Gram, Newman, Malceski (Suban+Kite)
M: Swan, Kornes, McGlynn, Cuz, Haze, Rich (Cogs+Foster)
R: Cox + Jolly (Orreal+Currie)
F: R.Okeefe, Lynch, Higgins, Reid, Yarran, Gumbleton, Ziebell (Rusling+Ballantyne)

Obvously will watch NAB cup for form and the likes but what do people think of the structure.

No Upgrades required for Backs/Rucks.......Mids could prove worthwhile and Fwds obviously the main thing to look at....Suggestions
I like this team allround good structure

I love the pick of Jolly in the ruck for DT09, seeing as it is harder to find a mid priced ruckman than last year. Most people seem to be going with Mcintosh or Ottens but they are both Reasonably injury prone with Jolly he has played 44 games in the regular season for the last 2 years and with no Everit this year he will have to step up.

pieman

Hey NT Thunder,

I agree with your general structure, loading the defence with class is still the way to go IMO. However, IMO you have a few too many injury prone/affected players in your side (C Cornes, Malceski, Haze, Cogs, Reid, Gumbleton, Rusling). I would put a Birchall or a Mackie in instead of Cornes or a Malceski.

Your ruck division looks good and I like how you have been aggressive with the forward line as I believe that is where the big incremental gains can be made this year. Ziebell on the ground though..........definitely good enough but you know Laidley has been referred to as the Dt anti christ lol

Good luck

cherries08

In my view, the team looks very unbalanced. There's a lot of question marks over a lot of players you've picked.  Reid, Yarran, Gumby, Ziebell, Cogs, Cux, McGlynn and Rusling all have queries about them in some shape and form.  You'll succeed spectactorly or fail miserably with a team with so many risks.

NT.Thunder

Quote from: cherries08 on January 27, 2009, 10:34:06 AM
In my view, the team looks very unbalanced. There's a lot of question marks over a lot of players you've picked.  Reid, Yarran, Gumby, Ziebell, Cogs, Cux, McGlynn and Rusling all have queries about them in some shape and form.  You'll succeed spectactorly or fail miserably with a team with so many risks.

Yeah yr right Cherries and having looked at it later then when i first posted i can see that. Have a look again and see what you think and hopefully it's more balanced.

Cheers, amazing how thing change and will change again during NAB cup

cherries08

Yea much more balanced.  I like what you've done with the ruck reserves. You have plenty of keepers in your side and players in your forwards/centres that should increase in price.  Hopefully the NAB will clarify whether or not McGlynn, Swallow and the like are going to get good game time.

I'm not a big fan of Mundy, but the worse case scenario is that he averages 65-70 and you need to spend f*all to upgrade him.  He could also average 85-90 like he has promised to do so in the last few years and make me look like an idiot!!

GILLOTINE

Really like the team. Back line is fantastic. It will probobly be the position where the game is won or list this year, and if this is the case, you'll win. A very solid and well balanced side. I like gibbs in the midfield, he looks ready to explode! I really like your forward premiums aswell. Both will spend plenty of time in the midfield and should pull some HUGE scores. I dont really like lynch in there, But looking at the price list there isn't much better for the same price.

Good side.