What I have learnt from 2012.....

Started by grange76, August 01, 2012, 02:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grange76

It seems like we rarely take our own advice. I swore last year i would not trade too many too early. Yet here we are before finals and same as last year i wont have the trades left to be a dominant finals player.

Other lessons:
Dont believe the injury predictions: ie Pendles, Ablett, Waters, etc
Dont trade for injuries that are short term - ie low grade Hammy, soft tissue
Never trade in a mid range player who is about to jump in price - he is mid priced for a reason (very few exceptions)
Fallen premiums have fallen for a reason. only premiums that have fallen for injury/sub out should be considered ( ie Priddis)
Get your Rucks right and you will dominate, dont and your trades are gone - Mumford ->Sandi->HMac->Goldy
Backmen do not score well unless they are a rebounder or play in the midfield
There will always be other opportunities to pick up a great player at a bargain
You cant get everyone on the bubble
There is hardly any good rookie downgrade targets after round 15
You cannot plan for coverage of three weeks of byes with no Donuts always an out or an injury to contend with
Dont try to win in all three bye rounds - you will loose all three
Get your rookies right from the start
Every year there is a stand out rookie or two - Zorko, Giles, Green, Treloar (except for the one game i needed him to score well in)
Expansion clubs means lots of rookie price increases and upgrade cash - wont be so lucky next year
Dont get second year players
Research well or be lucky
You can lead your league for points scored and still be out of the eight

and especially : Fan Footy is the #1 place for news, advice and top players for leagues

Please feel free to add yours.... and best of luck for next year

Ziplock

I got gaff this year, and I was pretty happy?

bomberboy0618

SC_Dave

I learnt just how important it is to have bench players that are active and playing during the bye rounds.

Having to field Paine, Smedts etc. killed off my chance at overall.