British xv Confirmed Trades and Rulings 2016/17

Started by Ringo, August 29, 2016, 07:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

Quote from: iZander on August 31, 2016, 01:42:31 PM
Steins give: Jake Barret

Hurricanes give: Corey Gregson

Nothing to see here, just a couple of depth players being moved.
Nas to confirm^

nas

Quote from: iZander on August 31, 2016, 01:43:46 PM
Quote from: iZander on August 31, 2016, 01:42:31 PM
Steins give: Jake Barret

Hurricanes give: Corey Gregson

Nothing to see here, just a couple of depth players being moved.
Nas to confirm^

Confirm as stated depth movements.

jhello

Leeches give: Lachie Weller + Tom Hawkins + Sam Reid
Rams give: Dylan Roberton + Tom Sheridan + NAT 37

Identified defence as the biggest weakness and have reasonable depth in the forwards. Hard to let go of Weller, but would only be a depth player next season probably.

Nige to confirm.

Nige

Quote from: jhello on August 31, 2016, 09:09:31 PM
Leeches give: Lachie Weller + Tom Hawkins + Sam Reid
Rams give: Dylan Roberton + Tom Sheridan + NAT 37

Identified defence as the biggest weakness and have reasonable depth in the forwards. Hard to let go of Weller, but would only be a depth player next season probably.

Nige to confirm.
Confirmed.

Pretty much have defenders coming out of my ears. Hard to let both Robbo and Shero go as they have been good servants of the club, but I've literally got so many blokes to replace them that it felt right to cash in for a good youngster like Weller and a solid best 22 forward like Tomahawk to sure up my forwards which are kind of weak. Reid has an injury history but is best 22 when fit and could be a real steal if he gets over his issues.

nas

Steins Give: Reilly O'Brien.

Leeches Give: Luke McDonald.

Back up Ruck for Leeches & a young Defender for Steins.

jhello to Confirm.

jhello

Quote from: nas on September 01, 2016, 11:48:24 AM
Steins Give: Reilly O'Brien.

Leeches Give: Luke McDonald.

Back up Ruck for Leeches & a young Defender for Steins.

jhello to Confirm.

Confirmed. Just wanted a back up ruck for Jacobs.

jhello

Leeches give: Adam Marcon

Badgers: R45

Not much in this. Marcon's delisted and R45 doesn't have much value.   

GoLions to confirm.

GoLions

Quote from: jhello on September 02, 2016, 12:32:54 AM
Leeches give: Adam Marcon

Badgers: R45

Not much in this. Marcon's delisted and R45 doesn't have much value.   

GoLions to confirm.
Confirmed. Reckon Marcon may get picked up by another club, and see potential in him.

nas

Steins give: Jack Redden + Kamdyn McIntosh + Jamie Elliot + N#23

Badgers give: Billy Stretch + Jayden Short + R#13 + N#31

Stretch & Short add youth to the backlines, & with R#13 gives the chance to go early in draft pool & ND pick to balance out the trade.

Redden still trying to break into the Eagles side is a risk, McIntosh provides midfield depth, Elliot also provides the forward depth, when he can get back on the park. The ND Picks balance out the Elliot injury risk & also Reddens ability to settle in the Eagles.

GL to confirm.

GoLions

Quote from: nas on September 04, 2016, 08:00:45 AM
Steins give: Jack Redden + Kamdyn McIntosh + Jamie Elliot + N#23

Badgers give: Billy Stretch + Jayden Short + R#13 + N#31

Stretch & Short add youth to the backlines, & with R#13 gives the chance to go early in draft pool & ND pick to balance out the trade.

Redden still trying to break into the Eagles side is a risk, McIntosh provides midfield depth, Elliot also provides the forward depth, when he can get back on the park. The ND Picks balance out the Elliot injury risk & also Reddens ability to settle in the Eagles.

GL to confirm.
Confirmed. Nas summed it up pretty well. I was after a bit more mid depth, and really hoping Redden can get back to his best. Elliott fwd depth after I traded Fasolo. Really rate Short and Stretch, particularly Stretch, as he had a huge jump in avg this year, but yeah, hopefully worth it to get my boy Reddo!

iZander

Steins give: Ricky Henderson + George Horlin-Smith

Hurricanes give: Sam Frost + N32

Reason: Henderson isnt best 22 but wasnt a bad scorer when he did play and i think GHS will be decent only problem is he is contracted till 2018 and just wont break into the Geelong team, so hoping he leaves after that time.
Frost has now cemented a spot in the backline and basically all melbs backs score alright with there game plan

nas

Quote from: iZander on September 04, 2016, 01:26:51 PM
Steins give: Ricky Henderson + George Horlin-Smith

Hurricanes give: Sam Frost + N32

Reason: Henderson isnt best 22 but wasnt a bad scorer when he did play and i think GHS will be decent only problem is he is contracted till 2018 and just wont break into the Geelong team, so hoping he leaves after that time.
Frost has now cemented a spot in the backline and basically all melbs backs score alright with there game plan

Frosty compliments the Melb Ruck line & N #32 helps balance out the trade. As above with the outgoing players.

Confirm.

Nige

Rams give: Hamish Hartlett + Harley Bennell

Hawks give: Dayne Beams + Pick 46

Hammer and Harley weren't necessarily guys I was willing to trade, but everyone is always available for the right price. The facts are: Hammer will be D/M next season and should bounce back from a poor year regardless of where he's at. Harley showed ability to be one of the best M/F players in the comp in previous seasons and I have no doubt he can do that hence being happy to keep him. Got good stocks in both fwd and def to allow me to trade both these guys.

Beams is a gun though. Can easily be one of the best mids in the comp if fit, serious top 10 potential. I was desperately in need of just one more good mid to really solidify my lineup. The points I'd get from him (potentially as captain), would account for the difference between him and Harley/Hammer as he's undoubtedly the best of the three players involved. Pick 46 balances out the trade and gives me a 3rd rounder after I traded my original one out and allows me to inject some youth as the draft pool this season is decent.

JB to confirm.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Nige on September 04, 2016, 02:40:23 PM
Rams give: Hamish Hartlett + Harley Bennell

Hawks give: Dayne Beams + Pick 46

Hammer and Harley weren't necessarily guys I was willing to trade, but everyone is always available for the right price. The facts are: Hammer will be D/M next season and should bounce back from a poor year regardless of where he's at. Harley showed ability to be one of the best M/F players in the comp in previous seasons and I have no doubt he can do that hence being happy to keep him. Got good stocks in both fwd and def to allow me to trade both these guys.

Beams is a gun though. Can easily be one of the best mids in the comp if fit, serious top 10 potential. I was desperately in need of just one more good mid to really solidify my lineup. The points I'd get from him (potentially as captain), would account for the difference between him and Harley/Hammer as he's undoubtedly the best of the three players involved. Pick 46 balances out the trade and gives me a 3rd rounder after I traded my original one out and allows me to inject some youth as the draft pool this season is decent.

JB to confirm.

Confirmed losing a captain hurts but gaining flexibility

T Dog

So this is what trading looks like here  8)

Have gone to the trade table with the Steins in our 1st deal.

Hedgies give: Connor Blakely + Sam Menegola.
Steins give: Keiran Jack + Rhys Stanley

With NicNat out we are looking for a replacement cover. Jack a strong performer to help with the initial offset of the averages o Menegolas 170 and Blakely's 155.. A fairly big trade in firepower and age but one that works in helping Hedgies offset NicNat and the loss of significant young potential.

Nas to confirm.