Season 1: One Day Cup (Discussion thread)

Started by PowerBug, September 27, 2015, 09:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Bancroft, SMarsh and Maddinson all going well.

PowerBug

PowerBug

BP having a heart attack over this Bancroft performance?

Nige

Joe Mennie with a completely useless bowling performance.  :(

PowerBug

After the end of the first innings of all the matches:

NT   TAS
289   177

NSW   ACT
35   610

QLD   SA
115   211

WA   VIC
241   14

ACT off to a flyer. Skipper Steve Smith scored 238, so 476 when doubled, Evan Gulbis 91 and James Hopes 34. Adam Voges didn't get a chance to bat much either for them.

NT has 289 all from Cameron Bancroft.

WA's score is largely thanks to Nic Maddinson, Mitch Marsh helped out a bit as well with 71.

QLD the poorest starters so far, all 6 of their players are playing, captain Joe Burns with a golden duck (-20) does not help.

BratPack

Quote from: PowerBug on October 05, 2015, 02:00:44 PM
BP having a heart attack over this Bancroft performance?

Actually I was watching the Saints-Cowboys game  :P

But still GIMME! GIMME! GIMME!

Pkbaldy

Oh lord... Poor CXI... Probably facing the best bowling side haha. 7/35 and haven't even thrown in Lyon yet...

PowerBug

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 05, 2015, 04:20:24 PM
Oh lord... Poor CXI... Probably facing the best bowling side haha. 7/35 and haven't even thrown in Lyon yet...
Pretty harsh stuff.

PowerBug

Torp is so lucky (but also very silly at the same). Hemphrey didn't get named so Mitch Starc comes on. Bloke has scored a casual 182 and he might geta 6th wicket yet...

Victoria will have their work cut out to beat this WA side.

Edit: As I type Starc gets the final wicket. He ends with 207 points. WA closing in on 700 as a team.

PowerBug

Travis Head boy oh boy wowee!

10 sixes 180* 325 fantasy and he's not done yet (hopefully)

PowerBug

^Hopefully is in response to me wanting the Redbacks to win, I have no bias towards QLD here :P

Callum Ferguson getting involved too, giving NSW some hope

BB67th

Quote from: PowerBug on October 05, 2015, 05:03:43 PM
Travis Head boy oh boy wowee!

10 sixes 180* 325 fantasy and he's not done yet (hopefully)

And to think I was *this* close to putting Head as captain over Burns.....

PowerBug

SA are about 300 points behind you. In the final game of the round on Wednesday they have White, Hastings and Siddle playing against the CXI boys.

PowerBug

NT (3 + C) vs TAS (1)
382 vs 258   

NSW (0) vs ACT (1)
295 vs 635

WA (0) vs VIC (3 + C)
862 vs 76

QLD (0) vs SA (3)
514 vs 211

Brackets showing how many players left to play in the match on the 7th. WA have come out all guns blazing, putting the pressure on Handscomb, Chrisitan and Stoinis.

NT should put TAS away unless Matt Short goes bonkers and outscores Maxwell, Finch (C), Wade.

ACT have done the job over NSW, Marcus Harris gets another shot to score some runs.

And in the only match still up for grabs White, Hastings, Siddle have to score 304 points to beat QLD, which got 359 from Travis Head.

Nige

I don't wanna sound like a whiny dog and sore loser, which is exactly what it's gonna come across as but... the fact that Yorp didn't even name his team correctly, only has 5 (should be 6) playing and is still probs gonna beat us is ridiculous.