Main Menu

Sydney Swans 2016 discussion thread

Started by Capper, November 27, 2015, 01:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

After last 2yrs blow outs at least this year was still up for grabs with 10mins to go ... just didn't have enough in the tank from the team as a whole - looked like JPK, Buddy, Rampe and Titch carried us most of the game ... not many, but still a few passengers in yet another GF ...

Have to say I was concerned when they brought both Mills & McVeigh back from injury - I think in cold post-match analysis the match committee will have to admit they stuffed up - I think one of them could've come back in but both at the same time was definitely a mistake ...

who would I have brought back in out of those two? A case of experience vs youth/upside but I think you pick whomever you thought would be more likely to run out the game strongest, you don't take chances in finals unless it is a crucial 'X-factor' player eg Cyril/Buddy who could win you a match by tipping the scales over half-way ...

Would not begrudge the Dogs and their loyal long-suffering fans however.

My Chumps

It's a tough call on Mills/McVeigh. Apart from that mistake in the first I thought Mills was good. Macca was down but tbh he's been down all season. On performance I think they were both better than Marsh would have been.

We missed Aliir a lot. If he plays there's no way that Boyd has that much of an impact.

Too many passengers. Too many injuries. Parker wasn't right all game, Hanners went down at a crucial time.

Just not our year, and unfortunately with the age and strength of the Doggies + GWS I'm not confident it will be our year again anytime soon :(  :'(

iZander

Quote from: My Chumps on October 03, 2016, 08:53:13 PM
Just not our year, and unfortunately with the age and strength of the Doggies + GWS I'm not confident it will be our year again anytime soon :(  :'(
I mean i get that the doggies and GWS are gonna be tough to beat but finals is finals.
Stiff to say this tbh, got alot of youngsters who should improve in alirr alirr, mills, heeney...ect. and not really going to lose that many older players? Grundy/Mcviegh are the two i can think of and will still be around next year!

Gotta be top 3 in my books anyway :P

SydneyRox

I am still confused as to what suits us better keeping or losing Mitchell?

If we could get another decent fwd/mid option with speed and a good kick from it then I think we have the midfield 'grunt' to cover Titch leaving.

His loss would most likely only be felt when JPK is done and we need to replace that real bull in the middle.

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 04, 2016, 11:52:11 AM
If we could get another decent fwd/mid option with speed and a good kick from it then I think we have the midfield 'grunt' to cover Titch leaving.

Jetta for Titich :)

Haha nah, I actually do like Jetta (he's got what we lack so badly) but I do really hope Juddy is right in saying the Eagles are dead-keen on bringing Titch home.

_wato

His loss would most likely only be felt when JPK is done and we need to replace that real bull in the middle.

You're exactly right man, Titch will be a top 5 mid one day but do you keep him while you already have blokes in front of him and lose out in other areas where you could improve or hold onto him knowing what he'll give you in the future and have him play as a mid/fwd/bench role player with low mid minutes until JPK hangs up the boots. Who knows how long away that will be

Gotta also remember Mills & Heeney were both drafted as top 3 mids in their draft year and can't squeeze in yet and you already have Hanners Parker who are very young also. Probably mainstays for another 10 years easy. Think you have to get as much as you can for Titch while his price is still high. The granny Titch played only increased his value imo, he'd fetch top dollar right now.

iZander

Quote from: _wato on October 04, 2016, 12:58:27 PM

You're exactly right man, Titch will be a top 5 mid one day but do you keep him while you already have blokes in front of him and lose out in other areas where you could improve or hold onto him knowing what he'll give you in the future and have him play as a mid/fwd/bench role player with low mid minutes until JPK hangs up the boots. Who knows how long away that will be

Gotta also remember Mills & Heeney were both drafted as top 3 mids in their draft year and can't squeeze in yet and you already have Hanners Parker who are very young also. Probably mainstays for another 10 years easy. Think you have to get as much as you can for Titch while his price is still high. The granny Titch played only increased his value imo, he'd fetch top dollar right now.

In most cases when trading a gun you never get "top dollar" :P imo

SydneyRox

Quote from: iZander on October 04, 2016, 02:46:55 PM

The thing currently in our favour is that he has a few clubs chasing him.

My dream deal would be to the Hawks and bring in Cyril as part of the deal

j959

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 04, 2016, 02:54:49 PM

that's nice but not gonna happen ... Titch is leaving cos they can't offer him a decent contract, where in the world would we get the money for Cyril??!!!  :o   :-\   :-X   :P    ;)

unless he and Buddy are best 'buds' ...   see what I did there??  ;)

SydneyRox

Quote from: j959 on October 05, 2016, 07:31:36 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 04, 2016, 02:54:49 PM

that's nice but not gonna happen ... Titch is leaving cos they can't offer him a decent contract, where in the world would we get the money for Cyril??!!!  :o   :-\   :-X   :P    ;)

unless he and Buddy are best 'buds' ...   see what I did there??  ;)

yup - thats why its a dream, but could you imagine Cyril in red and white working around Buddy again???

I feel a Bruce moment coming on.......   :-[

Big Mac

Can you really leave the club and the mates you played 4 premierships with though? Can't see it happening

Would already be on good money too

Money Shot

Has Titchell actually specified where he wants to go yet? Are Carlton a chance in your guys opinion?

SydneyRox

Quote from: Money Shot on October 06, 2016, 05:57:07 PM
Has Titchell actually specified where he wants to go yet? Are Carlton a chance in your guys opinion?

zero IMO - He wasnt more cash for sure, but he wants to play in a team winning flags as well

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 06, 2016, 06:35:06 PM

zero IMO - He wasnt more cash for sure, but he wants to play in a team winning flags as well

Hawks and Eagles the main options I reckon... That said, something tells me he will re-sign at the Swans.

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on October 06, 2016, 07:10:07 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 06, 2016, 06:35:06 PM

Hawks and Eagles the main options I reckon... That said, something tells me he will re-sign at the Swans.

yeah, pretty confident