Main Menu

The Barometer: Round 1 (Hawthorn)

Started by Ricochet, March 25, 2013, 04:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/supercoach-news/find-out-which-of-your-clubs-stars-are-on-track-to-play-in-round-1/story-fncufbo5-1226605499510?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HeraldSunAfl+%28Herald+Sun+%7C+AFL%29

HAWTHORN:

Josh Gibson (ribs) test
Cyril Rioli (ankle) test
Brian Lake (calf) doubtful
Luke Hodge (knee) doubtful
Alex Woodward (knee) indefinite
Brendan Whitecross (knee) indefinite
Matt Suckling (knee) indefinite

BACK Gibson and Rioli to play despite pre-season niggles. The extended break â€" the Hawks don’t front up to face Geelong until Easter Monday â€" will help, but Lake and Hodge lack match conditioning. That pair was expected to seek fitness in a lower grade, although Shaun Burgoyne today forecast they all could be surprise inclusions. If not expect the Hawks to roll out Lake and Hodge against a well-rested West Coast side on the rebound in Perth come Round 2.

- Sam Landsberger

Some big names on that injury list

the flying hawk

I think Lake Rioli and Gibson will play, Lake i believe has just been rested through the whole preseason so he wouldn't suffer any setbacks rioli sprained his ankle i expect him to return and gibson will play injured or not.

henry

Quote from: the flying hawk on March 27, 2013, 10:11:29 AM
I think Lake Rioli and Gibson will play, Lake i believe has just been rested through the whole preseason so he wouldn't suffer any setbacks rioli sprained his ankle i expect him to return and gibson will play injured or not.
Yeah agree with this, hodge as he said will be eased in by rounds 3-4, probably as sub. Gibson will be fine and rioli and lake should both be ok.