Matchday 2 Team Submissions- 2015 Champions League

Started by Levi434, July 21, 2015, 10:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

Week 2 Final Results
(Drag image to new tab to view)
I may have made a mistake so let me know if you see one.

Tigers show Group A dominance
UAE Tigers(1492.44) Defeated Belgian Bashers(1217.33) by 275.11 points.
Final Scores:

The Tigers move to 2-0 whilst the Bashers slide to 0-2 and ending their chance to be called the 2015 Champions. Tigers had a lots of good scores and will hope to get their captain right next week to fully maximise their points.

PNL break spirit of Breakers
PNL Reindeers(1429) Defeated Swansea Breakers(1400.72) by 28.28 points.
Final Scores:

Unfortunately the Breakers are also out of the Champions League as the drop this tight game to PNL. A PNL team led by Hodge and Swan looked solid but with a mouth watering clash with UAE next week to decide who finishes top of Group A it will come down to consistency all over the park.

Wolves feast
Macedonian Wolves(1499.11) Defeated Liverpool Rams(1479.82) by 19.29 points.
Final Scores:

The Wolves feasted on the Lambs last week and now the Rams. They showed signs of going big but didn’t seem to get there. Rams will feel hard done by in the past few weeks with 2 really good scores only just to be outdone.

Lambs send warning shot
Mongolian Lambs(1623.22) Defeated Mexico City Suns(1550) by 73.22 points.
Final Scores:

A big win by the Lambs means that both these teams are 1-1 and need a win next week to advance. The Suns will be feeling the pressure as one of the favourites in this comp.

Bears move to 2-0
Bangladesh Bears(1584.76) Defeated Serbian Eagles(1526.48) by 58.28 points.
Final Scores:

Seemed like everyone in the Bears toned up and the Eagles just couldn’t go with them. The Bears have advanced through to the round of 16.

Brewers wow
Berlin Brewers(1651) Defeated Huddersfield Hawks(1380.57) by 270.43 points.
Final Scores:

After a very pedestrian week 1 and a spray from Purple which I heard in Rio, the Brewers showed just how good they can be in this one. Bundling the hapless Hawks right out. This sets up a must win against Serbia next week for the Brewers with however wins that game going through to the next round.

Ales show something
Australian Ales(1341.66) Defeated Moscow Spetnaz(1044) by 297.66 points.
Final Scores:

Despite some massive scores from Gunston and Hooker, the Ales had not much else. That’s more than I can say about the Spetnaz. The Ales move to 2-0 whilst after a good win last week, this stinker means Moscow is 1-1.

Owls redeem themselves
Oxford Owls(1417.29) Defeated Iceland Polar Bears(1320.72) by 96.57 points.
Final Scores:

After a very tight loss in week 1, the Owls needed to get this one and they did and in the process eliminated the Polar Bears.

Dublin do Dublin
Dublin Destroyers(1677) Defeated Nottingham Hoods(1204.90) by 472.1 points.
Final Scores:

I could talk about Dublin but I won’t as Holz will do that for me. The Hoods however, may have felt unlucky as Dublin had a few fluky scores whilst some of the Hoods players had an off day. If the rumors were true it is reported that coach Holz contaminated some of the Hoods’ gatorade bottles so that might explain why they were off.

Eskimo’s fly under radar
Kathmandu Eskimos(1356.28) Defeated Svalbard Valkyries(1205.17) by 151.11 points.
Final Scores:

This wins sets up a battle for 1st next week between Eskimos and Dublin and also sets up a battle for pride between Svalbard and Hoods. Eskimos with 2 lowish scores obviously building for their match next week where they will go big for sure and shove it to Dublin.

Hurricanes not at full force yet
Hastings Hurricanes(1429.2) Defeated Sri Lankan Strikers(1216.26) by 212.94 points.
Final Scores:

A fall from grace by the Strikers after a big win in week 1. This wins moves the Hurricanes onto 2-0 and may be a team to watch going forward. Strikers will need a win next week against the Revolution to possibly advance.

Rev move on lifeless Storm
New York Revolution(1340) Defeated Swiss Storm(1258.89) by 81.11 points.
Final Scores:

Storm are out after 2 lifeless performances thus far. Revolution are a chance with a big game next week and would love to finally get a captain choice right.

Crocs no longer challenges?
KL Crocodiles(1363.93) Defeated English Lions(1350.12) by 13.81 points.
Final Scores:

The Crocs just got over the Lions here with the subbing of Gaz giving the Lions a chance to snatch this one late on Sunday but captain Steven who had been good all year couldn’t muster up enough points to get the over the line. This also ends the Lions hope of Champions League glory.

Wolves VS Wolves?
Toronto Wolves(1466) Defeated Winchester Werewolves(1383.55) by 82.45 points.
Final Scores:

Which Wolves would win a battle of two Wolves where the Wolves VS the Werewolves to determine which Wolves would become the dominate Wolves? Wolves? Toronto won this battle and move to 1-1 and force another big name team to go to 1-1. The Werewolves now have a big game against the Crocs next week and must win otherwise they’ll be out!

Badgers win in scrap
Bradford Badgers(1309.11) Defeated Laos Elephants(1288.58) by 20.53 points.
Final Scores:

Badgers did what they had to do and move along to 1-1 and in the process force the Elephants to 0-2. The Elephants have had 2 tough losses but that is just the way it is.

Christchurch the luckiest team ever?
Christchurch Saints(1395) Defeated Russian Roulettes(1110.91) by 284.09 points.
Final Scores:

I tell you meow has something fishy going on at Christchurch. He has had 2 very mediorce scores but has still managed to win. And how does Russia score 1510 one week and 1110 the next? Meow match fixing?

Again if you see any mistakes let me know.

Jroo

Good work Levi.

For UAE, Dusty was captain not Lids. And for Mexico City, Oxley and Hampson scores should count :( because they were both subbed in the third quarter I think?

Levi434

Quote from: JROO8 on July 28, 2015, 12:31:34 AM
Good work Levi.

For UAE, Dusty was captain not Lids. And for Mexico City, Oxley and Hampson scores should count :( because they were both subbed in the third quarter I think?

Will update shortly.

It has also been brought to my attention that some of the players from the Suns VS Adelaide game have been entered incorrectly as they weren't updated on dreamstats. They will be updated soon and I will repost the results if they change.

Purple 77

Fantastic work Levi!

Tough game for my Brewers next week, need to produce another game like that I think.

And go Hurricanes! Looking forward to getting a handful of players back too.

Nige

Purple 77

6 Worlds teams win this round  8)

Never would have thought it would be Mexico City and Moscow that let's me down :P

Holz

Quote from: Levi434 on July 28, 2015, 12:07:37 AM

I could talk about Dublin but I won’t as Holz will do that for me. The Hoods however, may have felt unlucky as Dublin had a few fluky scores whilst some of the Hoods players had an off day. If the rumors were true it is reported that coach Holz contaminated some of the Hoods’ gatorade bottles so that might explain why they were off.

Your correct about the first bit. Top score of the round again.

The Dublin hate attitude from Worlds Admin has spread to the Champs League I see.

i don't need the other team to be off to win, When Dublin is on nobody can stop me. I just had to ensure im on. Not sure about these flukey scores though.

Birchal 68 Tmac 63 Walters 73 are fluky scores they are normally much better.

Nige

Okay, so the modifier pretty much flowered the Rams over and reversed the result. That's flowering lame.

Toga

Lambs with the 3rd highest score for the week in what was definitely our best weekend of the season 8) Helps when injuries back off a bit and the coach gets the selections right :P

nrich102

Great work Levi.  Just with Serbias scores, Malceski scored 83 and Douglas scored 102 making the total score 1532, with the multiplier 1552.8352. Means we only lost by like 30  :'(

Correct me if I'm wrong.

roo boys!

Wowee, didn't expect to get up over the Werewolves! Lucky I played 2 teams with GAJ this week I guess

Scrads

Quote from: Nige on July 28, 2015, 03:12:19 PM
Okay, so the modifier pretty much flowered the Rams over and reversed the result. That's flowering lame.

In my defence, when he updates the GC v Adel scores Kade Kolodjashnij will go up enough to let me overtake you on raw scores too :P

GoLions

Quote from: Levi434 on July 28, 2015, 12:07:37 AM
Badgers win in scrap
Bradford Badgers(1309.11) Defeated Laos Elephants(1288.58) by 20.53 points.
Final Scores:

Badgers did what they had to do and move along to 1-1 and in the process force the Elephants to 0-2. The Elephants have had 2 tough losses but that is just the way it is.
Is that score right for me? Taking off the 20 bonus points in British (which I'm not sure if they count for this, but due to the multiplier I assume it should), I scored 1385.

Hellopplz

Awesome stuff Levi! Shame Iceland bow out of the comp, but underperformers (especially in the midfield) + OOP Ruck, already set us behind :(.

Glad PNL won even without the inspirational Priddis! Says something aye ;). Also, just a note for our score. I think Hodge would go to the midfield to cover Ray (from the bench), and then since Hallahan didn't play we'd get Trengove's 50 to the bench instead of Campbell's 57. Only bringing this to attention because a 7 point difference still means we win :P.

Levi434

Final Final Scores:

UAE Tigers(1492.44) Defeated Belgian Bashers(1233.55)

PNL Reindeers(1438) Defeated Swansea Breakers(1400.42)

Macedonian Wolves(1523.44) Defeated Liverpool Rams(1479.82)

Mongolian Lambs(1623.22) Defeated Mexico City Suns(1550)

Bangladesh Bears(1584.76) Defeated Serbian Eagles(1552.84)

Berlin Brewers(1642) Defeated Huddersfield Hawks(1380.57)

Australian Ales(1341.66) Defeated Moscow Spetnaz(1044)

Oxford Owls(1417.29) Defeated Iceland Polar Bears(1353.16)

Dublin Destroyers(1677) Defeated Nottingham Hoods(1204.90)

Kathmandu Eskimos(1356.28) Defeated Svalbard Valkyries(1229.50)

Hastings Hurricanes(1429.20) Defeated Sri Lankan Strikers(1216.26)

Swiss Storm(1322.75) Defeated New York Revolution(1322) NEW RESULT!! 0.75 points!

English Lions(1375.46) Defeated KL Crocodiles(1363.97) NEW RESULT!!

Toronto Wolves(1466) Defeated Winchester Werewolves(1383.55)

Bradford Badgers(1374.61) Defeated Laos Elephants(1288.58) 

Christchurch Saints(1395) Defeated Russian Roulettes(1135.23)