Mattner

Started by dzeRnumbrd, November 11, 2008, 08:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dzeRnumbrd

Qwop 7

I think Shaw will play a role similar to his one at collingwood, mostly in the wing. Personally I think Mattner was a much better prospect last year with his lower price, this year i just dont see much improvement, especially with malceski regaining fitness and shaw coming in. I think mattner place in the 22 is definately secure though.

Gun Bomber

Do you guys think that Shaw and Mattner will hurt Malceski? It's important to think about because he will be under consideration by a lot of coaches.

m0nty

Shaw is not a half-back. His role is to run up and down the wings, that's it. The defensive side of his game is limited to midfield tagging only, he can't clamp down on a forward.

Mattner had moved slightly into some midfield roles during '08, so his output might be affected if he has to stay further back. I don't think it's going to affect him that much though.

As for Malceski, he just needs to get fit, everything else is secondary.

NT.Thunder

I agree. I'll be watching these three closely in NAB just to see how much effect Shaw and Mattner will have on Malceski. I still believe that Malceski is the best value of the three as i just cant see Mattner improving much more as said previously. Malceski is a beautiful kick, so as long as he's back to full fitness i'm sure roo's will be using this to his full advantage and making sure that the ball gets into his hands more often.

Malceski if fit is value in my mind

Qwop 7

Yeah, definately agree with you there NT.Thunder. Malceski seemed a bit lost this year and wasnt really playing a specific role because his lack of fitness prevented him from playing a running half back for a long period of time. Hopefully he is given the job of taking the kick-ins so he can play on and get the cheap three points like he did a lot of in 07.

Also, Gun Bomber, did you mean to copy my last post word for word and place it in yours...? haha just wondering.

Gun Bomber

Quote from: Qwop 7 on November 12, 2008, 08:26:16 AM
Yeah, definately agree with you there NT.Thunder. Malceski seemed a bit lost this year and wasnt really playing a specific role because his lack of fitness prevented him from playing a running half back for a long period of time. Hopefully he is given the job of taking the kick-ins so he can play on and get the cheap three points like he did a lot of in 07.

Also, Gun Bomber, did you mean to copy my last post word for word and place it in yours...? haha just wondering.

Woops.... That was a mistake.... Sorry about that! I have fixed it now....

Qwop 7

No worries Gun Bomber...

This is off topic but i was wondering if anyone knew which draft cousins would go through if allowed to play, would it be national or preseason? Could that affecting his pricing at he beginning of next year?

m0nty

I believe it would be the national draft, seeing as he got out of the system altogether. The same way Dew was picked up in the national draft last year after retiring. Not 100% certain though.

Qwop 7

ok, thanks... hopefully his price is pretty similar to dews at the start of this year... wont get my hopes up though

chad

I have matter at the moment, most of you seem to think he wont improve much which i agree with, but i ask does he need to? An average of 79 last year puts him at the #9 back (with two above him no longer listed as backs). So Mattner would realistically need to improve his average by maybe 5 points a game to be a "premium" (top 7 back).

SpeedMeades

I am betting that a 79 average won't be in the top 10 backs this year.

Don't settle for mediocrity

Cubbie

With Kennelly now gone does Mattner become a bit more attractive.