ROUND FIVE 2016 MATCH CENTRE

Started by JBs-Hawks, April 21, 2016, 09:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Round 5: HGA Begins

.........     Tibetan Llamas    v    Manilla Folders     .........     
.........     UAE Tigers    v    Bangladesh Bears     .........     
.........     Vietnam Vipers    v    Laos Elephants     .........       
.........     KL Crocs    v    Sri Lankan Strikers     .........       
.........     Kathmandu Eskimoes    v    Hong Kong Dongs     .........     
.........     Bangkok Crabs    v    Taiwan Dolphins     .........       
.........     Turkish Gazelles    v    Mongolian Lambs     .........     
.........     PNG HeadHunters    v    Australian Ales     .........       

tbagrocks

Bad time to be the Folders :P  .....  but they had their time in the sun on Asia! Now it's LLAMA time ;D

Ricochet

Sidey handed the Captaincy this week. Expecting 400+

Nige

If we don't smash the Vipers by like 500 points, I won't be happy.

nostradamus

Crabs tracking nicely  8)......... that's even with JOM and Swallow out for an extended period, though hoping JOM returns sooner rather than later.

Ricochet

Was actually tossing up between starting Lester over GAJ. 140 and not even on the bench...

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ricochet on April 25, 2016, 10:59:20 AM
Was actually tossing up between starting Lester over GAJ. 140 and not even on the bench...
Yet the powers that be wonder why I questioned about the "Fairness" of the comp at the top and not just the uncompetitiveness at the bottom ::)

Ricochet

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 25, 2016, 05:05:46 PM
Yet the powers that be wonder why I questioned about the "Fairness" of the comp at the top and not just the uncompetitiveness at the bottom ::)
I gave up Coniglio and Smith....  ::)

PowerBug

Orazio again!! Legend!! Number one fan right here!

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ricochet on April 25, 2016, 05:40:34 PM
Yes and you offered them to me for Paddy, I stoped myself short of telling you which bridge to jump off of ;)

Let's face it, nobody is winning premierships with Coniglio and Smith. But after that you still, fairly I might add. Went about raping everyone else to get the biggest fantasy sluts in the game. Which you were allowed to do and cudos. I myself prefer to be a little less heartless

My point was though that at what point does the integrity of the comp come into question when there is no cap. CW originally had it that clubs wouldn't be able to gain too much of an advantage by adding too much top end talent. But CW has left and nobody has stopped some clubs from doing just that!

So as I do, just thought I might try pointing that out  ..........  my bad I guess for wanting a fairly even comp ::)

nas

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 26, 2016, 08:09:17 PM
Yes and you offered them to me for Paddy, I stoped myself short of telling you which bridge to jump off of ;)

Let's face it, nobody is winning premierships with Coniglio and Smith. But after that you still, fairly I might add. Went about raping everyone else to get the biggest fantasy sluts in the game. Which you were allowed to do and cudos. I myself prefer to be a little less heartless

My point was though that at what point does the integrity of the comp come into question when there is no cap. CW originally had it that clubs wouldn't be able to gain too much of an advantage by adding too much top end talent. But CW has left and nobody has stopped some clubs from doing just that!

So as I do, just thought I might try pointing that out  ..........  my bad I guess for wanting a fairly even comp ::)

This from a while back from Memph, http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,105152.0.html

WXV is my favourite competition because of the simulated 'salary cap'.

It adds another element of intrigue and allows for unlimited trades (the restriction is you must stay under the max cap or over the min cap) - perhaps we could do similar?

Also the points cap means teams are more even. Whereas there is a bigger gap between the best and worst  teams in the AXV imo.

Ricochet

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 26, 2016, 08:09:17 PM

I actually have been a big supporter of the points cap

But mate don't go around suggesting i try to rape anyone in trades. In fact I often add more off my own back if I think they're uneven

And I've lost trades as well, or given up guns for guns. And definitely regret some trades

I gave up Parker and McGovern for Beams
Caddy, a first rounder, Towers (meh) for Bennell
Gibbs for Malceski and Dal Santo

And yeh I know I've won some, but I don't go trying to rape teams mate. Like I said there's been times i've added more to offers because i think its unfair for the other team

T Dog

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 21, 2016, 09:35:11 AM
Round 5: HGA Begins

1995.5     Tibetan Llamas    v    Manilla Folders     1750     
1610.5     UAE Tigers    v    Bangladesh Bears     1557.5     
1812.5     Vietnam Vipers    v    Laos Elephants     1859.5       
2369        KL Crocs    v    Sri Lankan Strikers     1822.5     
1582.5     Kathmandu Eskimoes    v    Hong Kong Dongs     1366.5   
2024.5     Bangkok Crabs    v    Taiwan Dolphins     1563       
1867        Turkish Gazelles    v    Mongolian Lambs    1650.5     
1496        PNG HeadHunters    v    Australian Ales     1856     

JBs-Hawks

Gazelles with a nice upset, KL flexing! Kathmandu lucky!