Main Menu

2012 Fixtures

Started by CrowsFan, October 29, 2011, 01:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

So what are everyones thoughts on Adelaides fixtures for 2012?
The full fixture list is:

RoundOpponentVenueH/A
1Gold CoastMetricon StadiumAway
2Western BulldogsAAMI StadiumHome
3HawthornMCGAway
4GWSAAMI StadiumHome
5Port AdelaideAAMI StadiumHome
6SydneySCGAway
7GeelongAAMI StadiumHome
8CarltonEtihad StadiumAway
9CollingwoodAAMI StadiumHome
10FremantlePatersons StadiumAway
11Bye
12St. KildaAAMI StadiumHome
13North MelbourneEtihad StadiumAway
14RichmondAAMI StadiumHome
15Port AdelaideAAMI StadiumAway
16GWSSkoda StadiumAway
17West CoastAAMI StadiumHome
18GeelongSimonds StadiumAway
19EssendonAAMI StadiumHome
20FremantleAAMI StadiumHome
21BrisbaneGabbaAway
22MelbourneMCGAway
23Gold CoastAAMI StadiumHome

Personally I don't see how it could be much better than that. And as an added bonus for me they play Sydney at the SCG (haven't the passed 2 seasons) which means I can go watch them play! Also playing GWS in Sydney so could go watch that too :D

Torpedo10

Yeah nice draw :) but I think Adelaide will have a good season anyway. It's a pity you guys lost Gunston, he would have been very handy :(

McRooster

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 29, 2011, 01:49:03 PM
Personally I don't see how it could be much better than that.
+1  8)

No excuses now, over to you Mr Sanderson.

Master Q

Play GWS, Gold Coast, Port twice and only play Collingwood, Carlton, St.Kilda and Hawthorn once so pretty nice draw!

nas

Quote from: McRooster on October 29, 2011, 06:32:25 PM
+1  8)

Not happy with the choice of Coach Roost?

McRooster

Quote from: naste on October 29, 2011, 06:46:47 PM
Quote from: McRooster on October 29, 2011, 06:32:25 PM
+1  8)

Not happy with the choice of Coach Roost?
Coaching choice is fine by me, as is the stellar panel supporting him.

I just don't know him well enough yet to call him Brenton.

Mr Demetriou needs Adelaide to be successful ahead of their move to Adelaide Oval (hence the favourable draw). If there is no wave of support following their successes, Mr Demetriou and his corporate cronies and building industry buddies will fall on their sword about the move to Adelaide Oval. He doesn't need Port to be succesful, they don't attract the corporate dollar - he needs the Crows to start becoming succesful again (on-field) so the move pays off because of their larger supporter base and larger corporate support network.

PowerBug

Well, this might be weird coming from a Port supporter, but if the Crows don't make the eight next season id' be pretty disappointed. I reckon they have the class to do well next season, and the last two they have had a terrible run with injuries.

Another thing, here in Adelaide all that i hear throught the media is how good the Crows youngsters are, been going on for a while now, and the guys they picked up in trade week: Absolute superstars! I mean c'mon, did you see who they picked up in trade week, 5 guys who have played a combined total of 4 games! Not sure if they are superstars.

It's a good draw for them, as much as i want to deny it, the Crows will come top 8 next season and will do well come finals 2012 :)

Chopps

it's a good draw from what i have seen, seems the AFL wants to make it easier if you did poorly the year before and make it harder the higher you are up the ladder, ie. pies,hawks and cats playing each other twice.

Powerbug the same is said about port from my perspective, whilst i love to hate Port i would rather them higher up the ladder also but just below the crows is best.

Cruiseon

It's worth remembering that the Crows had arguably the easiest draw last year, it didn't help much.

roo boys!

Quote from: Chopps on October 29, 2011, 10:56:15 PM
it's a good draw from what i have seen, seems the AFL wants to make it easier if you did poorly the year before and make it harder the higher you are up the ladder, ie. pies,hawks and cats playing each other twice.

Yes, but you also have to keep in mind the fact that those top of the ladder "blockbusters" bring in loads of money, and ultimately that's what it is all about for the AFL.

PowerBug

Quote from: roo boys! on October 30, 2011, 09:53:28 AM

Yes, but you also have to keep in mind the fact that those top of the ladder "blockbusters" bring in loads of money, and ultimately that's what it is all about for the AFL.
Unfortunately. :(

Master Q

Quote from: roo boys! on October 30, 2011, 09:53:28 AM

Well done R&B  ;)

Cicjose

Adelaide and North the winners of the draw

McRooster

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 30, 2011, 12:51:01 AM

It's worth remembering that the Crows had arguably the easiest draw last year, it didn't help much.
Disagree Cruise.

There is nothing worth remembering about the Crows last season  :P

Ziplock