Sunday, July 19 Melbourne v Brisbane Lions - MCG 1:10PM    
Saturday, July 25 Brisbane Lions v North Melbourne - GAB 7:20PM    
Saturday, August 01 Geelong Cats v Brisbane Lions - SS 1:45PM    
Saturday, August 08 Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns - GAB 4:35PM    
Saturday, August 15 Brisbane Lions v Carlton - GAB 7:20PM    
Saturday, August 22 Adelaide Crows v Brisbane Lions - 7:10PM    
Saturday, August 29  Hawthorn v Brisbane Lions - AU 2:10PM    
Sunday, September 06 Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs - GAB 12:00AM

Nice draw compare to last year only play the Roos from last years top 8 twice. Must get off to a good start with 3 of first 4 at home. Final 5 matches ok with only Hawks at Launceston from last years top 8.   

Hope Victorian fans have Foxtel though as only 3 games scheduled free to air on Channel 7,

GoLions

I'll actually be able to go to games next year :D
This year most of our vic games were in my exam period, now get a few early :)

Might fly up for the Pies game in round 1 too

Quite a few winnable games here, 10 wins would be fantastic if we can get an upset or two

GoLions

Also, are the Hawks ever gonna play us at the Gabba? 7 years now since the last time they played us there I believe

SydneyRox

Reckon you could do 12 wins? What are you guys thinking?

GoLions

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 30, 2014, 12:22:48 PM
Reckon you could do 12 wins? What are you guys thinking?
I reckon there's about 15 games there which, if we are at our best, are winnable. However, being a young (and inconsistent) team, we won't win a few of them.

I'd expect us to win against: Pies, Saints, Dees, Blues (Gabba), Dogs (Gabba)
And then I think we have a chance at beating: Tigers, Eagles, Suns (x2, will hopefully be good matches), Blues (away), Bombers, Giants, Dogs (away), Crows (Gabba), North (Gabba)

So if we can win all the ones I expect us to win, then half of the ones where I reckon we're a pretty good chance, that makes 10 wins. 12 wins is definitely achievable, but it's probably unlikely haha

Ricochet

Yeh extremely hard to pick with young inconsistent sides. I went through and counted 8 wins, then went through again and counted 13 lol.

Ringo

Crunch games imo will be the 3 early home games against Pies, Tigers and Eagles to get confidence going for the year and make the Gabba fortress even stronger. Win all three and will set up our season.

Ringo

Just re-listened to the draw and Gil said could not schedule Lions and Suns games at the same time due to broadcasting requirements.

Easy to see who was favoured by the AFL though

Suns 11 Saturday home games - 3 night, 6 twilight and 2 day, So all their home games on Saturday.

Lions Only 6 Saturday Games - 4 night and 2 twilight and
4 Sunday Games 2 Day and 2 twilight. With bulldogs game to be confirmed.

Draw not bad but offset by lousy programming by AFL where are the Suns Sunday games.

If we play to our potential I can see 12 - 15 wins possible. Also think Roos at Gabba may be doable to add to GL's list.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on October 30, 2014, 02:05:32 PM
If we play to our potential I can see 12 - 15 wins possible. Also think Roos at Gabba may be doable to add to GL's list.

Quote from: GoLions on October 30, 2014, 12:36:14 PM
I'd expect us to win against: Pies, Saints, Dees, Blues (Gabba), Dogs (Gabba)
And then I think we have a chance at beating: Tigers, Eagles, Suns (x2, will hopefully be good matches), Blues (away), Bombers, Giants, Dogs (away), Crows (Gabba), North (Gabba)

;)

Ringo

Sorry GL meant North away as I can see them struggling a little with their draw as well. Think we get over them twice if we play to our potential but it essential we get away to a better start and hopefully be no worse than 6/4 coming into bye round.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on October 30, 2014, 03:06:04 PM
Sorry GL meant North away as I can see them struggling a little with their draw as well. Think we get over them twice if we play to our potential but it essential we get away to a better start and hopefully be no worse than 6/4 coming into bye round.
Oh haha yeah maybe, but if they're at their best they should win quite comfortably. Hopefully we get to play Norf both times! :P

strikes91

Reckon we could knock off Essendon at Etihad again. I think we're a chance in most games. Matches I think that no chance are Hawks, Freo, Swans and Power.

GoLions

Quote from: strikes91 on October 30, 2014, 09:11:39 PM
Reckon we could knock off Essendon at Etihad again. I think we're a chance in most games. Matches I think that no chance are Hawks, Freo, Swans and Power.
Can't see us beating the Crows or the Cats at their home grounds tbh, but who knows, especially against Geelong who we've been really competitive against over the last few years.

strikes91

Anything can happen, Fixture related... I was really annoyed at the Sunday matches. Hate them

Ziplock

Quote from: GoLions on October 30, 2014, 10:09:36 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on October 30, 2014, 09:11:39 PM
Reckon we could knock off Essendon at Etihad again. I think we're a chance in most games. Matches I think that no chance are Hawks, Freo, Swans, Power and Giants.
Can't see us beating the Crows or the Cats at their home grounds tbh, but who knows, especially against Geelong who we've been really competitive against over the last few years.