Main Menu

Best 22 for 2015

Started by GoLions, October 10, 2014, 05:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strikes91

I would even consider Bewick of HB instead of Harwood

Oh and you can put 9 next to beams btw  ;)

GoLions

Quote from: strikes91 on October 25, 2014, 10:23:55 PM

Obviously Harwood has priority. Bewick will pretty much get played where needed, depending on what role Leppa gives him each week.

Big Berger

nrich, why do you hate Mcguane and Paine so much? Sure, they didnt have the best of years but I wouldnt be surprised to see Paine break out in the next few years  ;)

Ringo

Who can not wait for next year like me.  Only 160 days till we meet the Pies but who is counting.

strikes91

Quote from: GoLions on October 25, 2014, 10:59:46 PM

Obviously Harwood has priority. Bewick will pretty much get played where needed, depending on what role Leppa gives him each week.

maybe not, struggles under pressure quite a bit

GoLions

Quote from: strikes91 on October 26, 2014, 08:04:36 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 25, 2014, 10:59:46 PM

maybe not, struggles under pressure quite a bit
For some reason I thought you said "I would never consider Bewick off HB instead of Harwood" hahaha
I think that, given some consistent games, Harwood can really lock down that running role off half back, but Rich and Hanley will also be playing that role next year so it'll be interesting to see what happens with Harwood and Bewick

nrich102

Brisbane Lions
B: Darcy Gardiner, Daniel Merrett, Ryan Harwood
HB: Jed Adcock, Justin Clarke, Daniel Rich
C: James Aish, Dayne Beams, Pearce Hanley
HF: Lewy Taylor, Brent Staker, Dayne Zorko
F: Josh Green, Michael Close, Stefan Martin
R: Matthew Leuenberger, Tom Rockliff, Jack Redden
I/C: Mitch Robinson, Claye Beams, Sam Mayes
Sub: Allen Christensen

New: Dayne Beams (Collingwood), Allen Christensen (Geelong), Mitch Robinson (Carlton).
Unavailable: Trent West (knee)

Comment: The competition for spots should be fierce, with pre-season sure to determine a few. The addition of Dayne Beams, Allen Christensen (returning from back surgery) and Mitch Robinson has put the squeeze on through the midfield and half-forward, and don't be surprised to see Daniel Rich return from his ACL injury at half-back where he can use his lethal left-foot to launch counter-attacks. Daniel Merrett should return to his preferred backline position, but it's the forward line where most of the headaches are. Coach Justin Leppitsch has shown his preference for playing two ruckmen, so rejuvenated Stefan Martin will get a start forward and alternate with Matthew Leuenberger, while Brent Staker would take a quality defender to ease the load on youngster Michael Close. Daniel McStay, Marco Paparone and Rohan Bewick are all right in the frame if they have good pre-seasons. - Michael Whiting

I mostly agree with this best 22, however I'd probably have Green as the sub over Christensen and pick Freeman over Close. Other than that I think its pretty close to our best team.

meow meow

strikes91

Green willl never be sub again

Ringo

Quote from: strikes91 on December 07, 2014, 12:57:32 AM
100% agree Strikes - Lester and Bewick imo are the main sub contenders with side injury free.
McStay may force his way onto I/c due to his ability to play both ends but hard to see who he would push out.
Great competition for spots this year with the likes of Robertson, McStay, Golby, Maguire, Cutler, Freeman, Bewick, Paparone and Paine who have all had Senior experience putting pressure on.

Vinny

nrich102

Quote from: Vinny on December 07, 2014, 10:22:36 AM
Quote from: meow meow on December 06, 2014, 04:06:57 PM
Lester > C.Beams
They probably just have him in the team cause of his name  :P

Quote from: Ringo on December 07, 2014, 08:26:24 AM
Quote from: strikes91 on December 07, 2014, 12:57:32 AM
100% agree Strikes - Lester and Bewick imo are the main sub contenders with side injury free.
McStay may force his way onto I/c due to his ability to play both ends but hard to see who he would push out.
Great competition for spots this year with the likes of Robertson, McStay, Golby, Maguire, Cutler, Freeman, Bewick, Paparone and Paine who have all had Senior experience putting pressure on.
Maybe. I'd like to see Paparone get a few more games again this year, not really sure why he was dropped last year. It'd probably be best for Beams to be sub in the team that was named up there, but Lester and Bewick are better than him imo. Would like Beams to break out and get to the level of his brother.

Mr.Craig

kilbluff1985

will any of you guys consider starting Freeman in SC if under 200k and named round 1? i mean a bench spot or whatever

looks pretty tempting if under 200k

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 15, 2014, 01:03:35 AM
will any of you guys consider starting Freeman in SC if under 200k and named round 1? i mean a bench spot or whatever

looks pretty tempting if under 200k
I loved him in the 4 games or whatever that he played. However, he didn't score too well in any of them, and when you have guys like Clark, Hogan, and Membrey who should all be very cheap and score better, it'd be pretty risky to pick him IMO.
Guess it'll depend on who gets named round 1, what their exact prices are, and how bias I'm feeling in the last few minutes before round 1 lockout :P