Main Menu

Best 22 for 2015

Started by GoLions, October 10, 2014, 05:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Want to see what others think. Assuming we get Beams and Christensen, I think it'd be something like this:

B: Gardiner, Clarke, Maguire
HB: Adcock, Merrett, Rich
C: Christensen, Rockliff, Hanley
HF: Green, Freeman, Zorko
F: Taylor, Leuenberger, Staker
R: Martin, Redden, D Beams
INT: Harwood, Bewick, Aish, Mayes

Thoughts? Lester would come in for Beams if we don't get him. Cutler and Golby will be competing for Harwood's spot. Close, Bourke, McStay will get games throughout the year I'd imagine if we get any injuries, or if guys like Freeman, Bewick, and Mayes hit a rough patch in form. And we obviously have plenty of young mids if we were to get a repeat of last year injury-wise (fingers crossed we don't).

Mr.Craig

That's a pretty fap-worthy side if it comes true.

GoLions

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 10, 2014, 05:24:58 PM
That's a pretty fap-worthy side if it comes true.
I recently stocked up on tissues, so I'm all set.

Ringo

On form GL would probably play McStay over Freeman and Berger/Martin at CHF with McStay at FF -  Apart from that looks pretty much it.

We have some depth for the first time as well to cover injuries. Other back ups not mention are Robertson, O'Brien and Crisp. Lisle is alo in the wings so future looking good with or without Beams and we will then pick up some talent with picks 5 and 25 to go with Dawson, Harris and Clayton already committed.

Future is bright

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on October 10, 2014, 05:42:44 PM
On form GL would probably play McStay over Freeman and Berger/Martin at CHF with McStay at FF -  Apart from that looks pretty much it.

We have some depth for the first time as well to cover injuries. Other back ups not mention are Robertson, O'Brien and Crisp. Lisle is alo in the wings so future looking good with or without Beams and we will then pick up some talent with picks 5 and 25 to go with Dawson, Harris and Clayton already committed.

Future is bright
I really liked Freeman in the very few games he played haha, but yeah, toss of a coin there
And yeah, I mentioned we have plenty of young mids. Future looks really good :)

nrich102

With Sammy gone, I think Jono is my favorite layer  :-*

Would probably pick McStay over him atm though.

BB67th

I think that side is just about spot on. We are going to have a good team going forward if that's what we look like round 1 of 2015!

I've liked what Freeman has shown so far. It's really a toss of the coin whether you put him or McStay into the team at the moment.

m0nty

GoLions

Quote from: m0nty on October 11, 2014, 02:59:24 PM
No Cutler?
Who would he replace? I'd definitely have Harwood ahead of him after this year, and would like to see Rich playing off half back as well, so damaging on his left. If Rich is played mostly in the midfield though, could see perhaps Bewick dropped for Cutler, but that wouldn't be my preference atm.

strikes91

Clarke - Maguire - Gardiner
Adcock - Merrett - Hanley
Rich - Redden - Christensn
Zorko - Close - Staker
Taylor - Martin - Green
Luey - Rockliff - D.Beams

Aish - Mayes - Paparone

C.Beams

plenty more making their case for the team. 2015 will be good

Ringo

Yes we have depth and last few bench places will be subject of much discussion. Would have McStay on bench as he can play both back and forward  in place of Paparone and last place would be a toss up between Harwood, C Beams and Lester. Also if Leppa follows what he dis this rear Rich will be at HB with Hanley in mids a straight swap.

GoLions

Well, Christensen locked in 8)

Now just awaiting the great Dayne!

Bewick probably a likely sub candidate I would think

T Dog

Quote from: strikes91 on October 12, 2014, 11:22:47 PM
Clarke - Maguire - Gardiner
Adcock - Merrett - Hanley
Rich - Redden - Christensn
Zorko - Close - Staker
Taylor - Martin - Green
Luey - Rockliff - D.Beams

Aish - Mayes - Paparone

C.Beams

plenty more making their case for the team. 2015 will be good

Remember this time last year?...a year is a very long time in football... 8)

strikes91

Quote from: Ringo on October 13, 2014, 09:45:04 AM
Yes we have depth and last few bench places will be subject of much discussion. Would have McStay on bench as he can play both back and forward  in place of Paparone and last place would be a toss up between Harwood, C Beams and Lester. Also if Leppa follows what he dis this rear Rich will be at HB with Hanley in mids a straight swap.

Exciting times Ringo. Up front still weak but give them a year or so and bang. finals time

Ringo

Yep Strikes and maybe trade for a forward next year to complete as it looks like we will get Beams ruling out our pick 5 to use on McCartin, Wright or Durdin. With the competition some players may want to go so hence why I say we should trade next year.