EPL 2012/13 General Discussion and Banter Thread

Started by Tominator, August 19, 2012, 01:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

EPL is back at long last <3

What are your thoughts on the upcoming season? Just thought I'd start a thread to get an opinion from everybody about what you think is gonna happen this season, and what you want to happen. Oh and tell us who you support too

get round it laaaads !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use this thread as a form of general discussion and banter throughout the season, and don't hold back with your opinions on your club, your enemy club or anything else !

Tominator

I'm a Manchester United fan and to be honest I am absolutely pumped for our upcoming season

With van Persie and Rooney up front, being fed the ball by Kagawa and our plethora of wingers and midfielders, I reckon we will be very hard to beat, especially seeing Manchester City have not signed anybody that will have a massive effect on their squad.

If we can beat City and Chelsea (or at least break even with them) then I cannot see us dropping off top spot IMO

My Man Utd First XI (4-4-1-1)

De Gea

Jones, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra

Valencia, Carrick, Kagawa, Young

Rooney

van Persie

MajorLazer

I'm a Villa fan and already this season looks ugly.

The kits, the players and the way they are playing.

Gonna be a long season.

My Chumps

Liverpool supporter  :-X

Out of Chelsea, City and United for the league, and I believe United will win it.

Hopeful we can finish 4th but now I don't know  ::)

Thinking we should start Sterling over Downing or Borini actually. Or maybe even chuck Suarez out on the right and start Carroll where he belongs...

MTTY

Quote from: My Chumps on August 19, 2012, 12:34:37 PM
Liverpool supporter  :-X

Out of Chelsea, City and United for the league, and I believe United will win it.

Hopeful we can finish 4th but now I don't know  ::)

Thinking we should start Sterling over Downing or Borini actually. Or maybe even chuck Suarez out on the right and start Carroll where he belongs...

We need Sahin asap, so we actually have someone in the centre that can make a pass (apart from Allen). I think we need to look at a formation of

Reina

Kelly,  Skrtel,  Agger,  Johnson

Allen, Lucas, Sahin

Sterling,     Suarez,        Gerrard

B - Enrique, Pacheco, Carroll, Carragher, Jones, Coates

For me last night:

1. Reina and Johnson were our best players.

2. Downing can not operate wide on his own. Does not have the passing ability.

3. Gerrard can not be apart of the middle three, his passing does not suit BR's gameplan.

4. Borini looked completely lost and out of depth in the PL.

5. Allen and Lucas looked comfortable on the ball but went missing too often.

6. Carroll showed intent when he came on, wanted the ball.

7. Didnt get enough time to get a read on Cole.

8. Carragher couldn't keep up with Lukaku.

9. Skrtel and Agger didnt have the tactical or physical capacity to match it with a strong forward.

10. Kelly played well on the right, especially when advancing.

I think next game:

1. We need to have Sahin.

2. Gerrard cant be in the centre.

3. Downing and Borini can't start.

4. I think Coates should start over Carragher, while Dagger is out.

5. We have to want to play this style, half of the team dropped their heads and stopped trying, as if to say this doesnt work and we can win with it. We did well in the first half playing that way. With imo Downing trying to be much a one man show and taking on the game, where that is not our gamestyle.

My Chumps

I'd truely forgotten how bad Downing actually is  :P  ::)

MTTY:

1. Agreed
2. AGREED
3. As much as it pains me to say it, I agree. Don't know how he fits in with BR's style at all. Unfortunately his picture perfect diagonal balls and early crosses aren't what BR wants... perhaps a wing would suit him like you suggest!
4. Agreed. Was useless. Isn't he a striker rather than a winger though? Just looked so lost out there.
5. Agreed. Thought Allen was our next best behind Johnson, Reina and Suarez (albeit only his first half). Lucas battled, but to be honest it's probably fair enough considering his early return from an ACL... Just hope he can find the heights he reached during his peak last season.
6. YES, agreed! For gods sake he is a quality player. Give him a chance will we? Showed some defensive pressure unlike Downing and Borini...
7. Can't beleive he did his hammy again  ::)  Get him out of the team and let him stay there.
8. Agreed. Coates > Carragher
9. It did look worrying didn't it.  :(
10. Kinda disagree. Didn't think he offered much down the left.

Agree with your team, excpet I'd prefer Enrique on the left.

And you're number 5 on the second list; perfectly said. 100% agreed.

Tominator

yeah I have to agree Liverpool aren't gonna do that well this season I think, they just don't have the firepower and with Carragher and maybe even Gerrard past their best and starting to get older, they are two weaker links in the side. Having said that Gerrard is far from their biggest problem.. I think the loss of Kuyt will hurt them too; very underrated player and Fenerbahce have snared a bargain considering they got Kuyt at just 1 million

Swansea are a team I love the look of and - along with Newcastle - are my favourite team behind Man Utd. Great at FPL as well - Dyer, Britton, Sinclair, Michu ;) They are an exciting team and play a very attacking brand of football which worked for them last season, and I can definitely see them finishing in the Top 10 by the end of the season if they keep it up; worked well against QPR ::)

elephants

My Preferred Chelsea FC Line-up (subject to change :P)

Cech

Ivanovic     Terry    Luiz     A.Cole

Mikel      Lampard

Ramires    Mata     Hazard

Torres

Bench
Turnbull - (No unforced rotation with Cech)
Bertrand - (Increasing rotation with Ivanovic and A. Cole as season progresses)
Cahill - (Heavy rotation with Terry and Luiz)
Marin - (Rotation with Ramires, play whoever is fittest and in form)
Oscar - (Heavy rotation with Mata and Mikel)
Essien - (Heavy rotation with Lampard)
Sturridge - (Rotate with Torres depending who is in form)

Luigi197

Review for Chelsea's performance anyone?

Our defence was a bit shaky at times, but stood out when it counted.
Mikel didn't seem to have much of an effect.
Torres needs to try harder and run. Its such a shame that he doesn't run after the ball enough; he could be scoring so many goals.
Loving Hazard's work, really am.
Oscar had a good impact off the bench.
Mata and Lampard just needed to be a bit more cleaner.
Ivanovic did well to attack sometimes.
Bertrand did not dissapoint.

Man of the Match for Chelsea: Eden Hazard
Flop of the Match for Chelsea: Mikel.
Dangerous man from Wigan: Victor Moses

Jukes

Wigan would've won if they hadn't suffered the confidence loss from conceding those two early goals. They played much better for 80 minutes, surprised it wasn't 2-1.

Torres still shower...

Tominator

after 6 minutes I thought Wigan would go down 5-0 or something like that

After they got over the first 10 minutes, they actually played really well and are another side I like a lot. Di Santo should've made it 2-1 on half-time and they had other chances too

elephants

Anyone planning on using a wildcard besides Jukes? I'm tempted... :D

CrowsFan

Tominator

is it true that you only get one wildcard per season ?

elephants

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 20, 2012, 07:38:14 PM
Far too early to use the wildcard

Oops wrong thread.

Yeah probably, just pissed about my accidental Cuellar to Fabio trade still :P