Steven Smith in India squad?

Started by ossie85, January 31, 2013, 05:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: SilkySkills on March 12, 2013, 08:17:37 PM
Quote from: tabs on March 12, 2013, 07:15:31 PM
Quote from: BB67th on March 12, 2013, 05:37:13 PM
If Wade and Haddin both play, who keeps? I would think Haddin is the better gloveman. And I really hope Smith doesn't play, he is the worst player to ever get a baggy green.
Smith is ok, cmon. Haddin might get the gloves so Wade could bowl again
Not the worst idea i've heard.

Better than anything Arthur has come up with.

Capper

i dont know about anyone else, but im sick of this bull shower lovie dovie tell us how you feel in professional sport. Dropping 4 players for not filling out reports on how the team could better perform in ridiculous

BB67th

I wonder what Keith Miller would say about it all if he was still around.......

ossie85

Quote from: tabs on March 12, 2013, 10:56:40 PM
i dont know about anyone else, but im sick of this bull shower lovie dovie tell us how you feel in professional sport. Dropping 4 players for not filling out reports on how the team could better perform in ridiculous

It really isn't..... Players need to contribute on and off the field in professional sport. Look at the Geelong Cats for example, they didn't start to succeed until they had complete and open feedback on each individual, a strategy that has been copied by many teams since.

owenbond007

Quote from: ossie85 on March 13, 2013, 08:57:47 AM
Quote from: tabs on March 12, 2013, 10:56:40 PM

It really isn't..... Players need to contribute on and off the field in professional sport. Look at the Geelong Cats for example, they didn't start to succeed until they had complete and open feedback on each individual, a strategy that has been copied by many teams since.

Yeah it is. Many cricket professionals have stated that it is ridiculous.

Not completing a essay for 'what you contribute to the team' and 'what you can do to improve' are questions the coach and selection committee should be answering not the players.

Mickey Arthur clearly has not got what it takes. The results are on the decline. The Ashes is all but lost already.

If I was one of those 4 sent home I'd say 'Flower it! I'm going to chase the coin'

ossie85

Everybody keeps stating it is ridicolous, but when I ask why, they can't really explain!

It isn't ridicolous to ask professional sportsment (or professional anybody) to ask for feedback on your performance and your team. I do it all the time at my work...... If I 'forgot' to contribute, it would hit the fan at work also. The 4 need to grow up, and James Pattinson should be commended for his reaction to this. That guy will be leader.

owenbond007

Not sure what is more important winning cricket matches or having a coach seeking to set control mechanismns in place. Its is "ridicolous" cause its a over reaction, act of control  and suggest to me that Mickey Arthur is struggling to gain the respect of the playing group.

Quote"Punting James Pattinson would be like me punting Dennis Lillee when I was captain, you know you just don't do it," Chappell said.
"I mean, Dennis Lillee gave everything he had when he was on the field and that was the main thing I was interested in."

Why would you drop arguable 2 of the best cricketers in your team in Pattinson and Watson. Madness.

McRooster

Spot on ossie.

In my 10 years of business management, EVERY employee is given a yearly and mid- yearly performance review. For these reviews the employee is first asked to complete their own assessment of their performance. Then the actual review is based upon the reflective and balance of managements review also. This gives the employer and employee guidance about where they think they are at, to ensure they are both following the same corporate compass and not off on their own tangent.

Simple 'homework' assignments for these guys are not representative of a formal review (which Im sure Cricket Australia do) but more a 'record of discussion' hoping to shock the system into action ahead of a 'written warning'. These are useful tools to correct issues throughout the year.

'Homework' can be used as a technique to performance manage someone 'out' of your organisation too. Maybe the line in the sand was publicly drawn despite it privately having been crossed already.

Pattinson has apologised and said his reason for not submitting his homework was 'my Pup ate it!'  :P

BB67th

How can we be questioning whether or not these cricketers have what it takes because they didn't write down what they are good at? Last time I checked it was the on field performance which is what counted. Pattinson gave it his all and every last bit he had in those tests, but sorry mate, you didn't tell me what you are good at so you can't play.

PowerBug

Quote from: BB67th on March 13, 2013, 06:10:05 PM
How can we be questioning whether or not these cricketers have what it takes because they didn't write down what they are good at? Last time I checked it was the on field performance which is what counted. Pattinson gave it his all and every last bit he had in those tests, but sorry mate, you didn't tell me what you are good at so you can't play.
If they are unable to write down what they are good out then maybe then maybe they don't know what they are good at? These guys are professional sportspeople for a reason, not many walk around with degrees 'n' shower.

tbagrocks

f the players are failing either for discipline or culture, who's fault? those in charge! But those in charge are dropping those players failing ::)

Tominator

PowerBug

Bump

Oh how our opinions have changed....

Bill Manspeaker

Smiddy! definitely didn't see this coming

Capper

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 10, 2015, 12:57:11 AM
Smiddy! definitely didn't see this coming
only people not from NSW didn't see this coming