EPL 2014/15 Discussion and Banter Thread

Started by Tominator, August 17, 2014, 05:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Gerrard to LA Galaxy at the end of the season. What a player, what a legend.

But Gerrard wasn't in Liverpool's best XI and his star was waning. Great player though, perfect time for both parties to move on IMO

Tominator

On another note, I'd love to see some predictions for what will unfold in the latter half of the season

Who will go down? Who will win? Who will make Top 4? Here's mine

Predicted EPL Champion
Chelsea

(not by much)

Champions League Places
2nd - Manchester City
3rd - Manchester United
4th - Tottenham

Europa League Place
5th - Arsenal

Can't see Liverpool making Top 4, will probably finish 6th. Expect Southampton, Swansea, West Ham to challenge for Europa spots.

Relegation Places
18th - QPR
19th - Leicester
20th - Burnley

With Pardew going to Crystal Palace I think they'll stay up, but only just.

The_Captain

Predicted EPL Champion
Man City

Champions League Places
2nd - Chelsea
3rd - Manchester United
4th - Tottenham

Europa League Place
5th - Arsenal

Relegation Places
18th - QPR
19th - Leicester
20th - Burnley

T Dog

Predicted EPL Champion:

Manchester United

Champions League Places:

2nd - Chelsea
3rd - Manchester City
4th - Arsenal

Europa League Place:

5th - Spurs

Relegation Places:

18th - West Brom
19th - Crystal Palace
20th - Leicester

Nige

Kinda sad that Schwarzer is leaving Chelsea, at least he's going to Leicester though.  ;D

Tominator

Quote from: Nige on January 05, 2015, 08:18:16 PM
Kinda sad that Schwarzer is leaving Chelsea, at least he's going to Leicester though.  ;D

Swapping a (potential) Premier League medal for a relegation battle  ::)

Nige

Quote from: Tominator on January 06, 2015, 09:34:02 AM
Quote from: Nige on January 05, 2015, 08:18:16 PM

Swapping a (potential) Premier League medal for a relegation battle  ::)
Respect to him for not being a glory hunter.

Jackross10

Markovic looking very good atm! Not sure why BR doesn't play Borini and Balotelli together but happy with the result!

My Chumps

Quote from: Jackross10 on January 11, 2015, 01:18:56 PM
Markovic looking very good atm! Not sure why BR doesn't play Borini and Balotelli together but happy with the result!
Apart from the dismal collapse against Leicester, I've been pretty happy with the performances recently. Was such an important period playing some weaker teams and anticipating Sturridge's return. It's certainly kept BR's job.

The_Captain

Messi will not be going anywhere!!!!!  8)

R.Griffen

Anyone got some good bets for tonight, most the good teams playing away or against other guns, feeling like my bank account has some money in it for a change

Jackross10

Quote from: R.Griffen on January 17, 2015, 10:52:12 PM
Anyone got some good bets for tonight, most the good teams playing away or against other guns, feeling like my bank account has some money in it for a change

Had MU, Tott, Liv and Chelsea!

R.Griffen

Was worried since a few of them were playing away they might not win, I only had Spurs

Tominator

as a Swansea supporter, devastated that Bony has been sold to Man City, but really it was inevitable. Good luck to him.

Happy with Kyle Naughton at RB - our full backs (bar Taylor) have been very poor this season and we have no depth there.

Gomis could be on the way out as well - then we need to sign another Pelle/Bony-type. Spend a bit of extra coin (we're generally a stingy club) with the revenues we've now got.

Would love to see us get Mile Jedinak at the end of the season if Palace go down.