Giants Cup Week 1 discussion thread

Started by BratPack, February 13, 2011, 01:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

CF, I meant dominating in the sense that your spinners only took 1 wicket between them, and yet your Seam bowlers took the rest, and yet were beaten easily by mine, plus my batsmen who hung around for ages, but didn't score >:( outrated you too...

I aslo did a fielding check today for both of us, I excluded catches though. You were up 14-12, I was down 8-13, yet we were basically even with fielding.

I just can't explain the ME sometimes, that was all. The better team won on the day ;)

CrowsFan

Yeah fair enough fletch, got no clue what my spinners were doing since I did set them on aggressive for one spell each yet they were easily my worst bowlers.

Hmm the ME does seem a little random at times, but I must be doing something right with my tactics because the last 3 friendlies I have played I have been out rated yet won all three. That also includes my qualifier for the world cup :)

I reckon 9 times out of 10 with the same tactics by both teams you would win and I just got lucky :)

Fletch74

Sometimes ratings mean absolutely nothing. Tactics play a very important role. I was probably too aggressive with my spinners, thus Kimber let in too many runs, etc.